How is everyone coping?

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

How is everyone coping?

Post by Seeker13 »

Hello everyone,
Have been wondering how you all were coping? If anyone would like to talk about it, please share. Sometimes it helps to share.

:loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Re: How is everyone coping?

Post by Amigoo »

:cheers: The first week of limited quarantine (essential businesses/services permitted),
especially with reasonable preparation completed, is easy - "forced vacation". :roll

:idea: But as quarantine increases - nationwide - doubts begin about preparation:
"Reasonable preparation" (vis-a-vis "Don't panic!") was only for a few weeks,
yet evidence is accumlating that a few months may be the real isolation
(strictly enforced quarantine) or effective isolation (empty store shelves);
truckers are concerned that gas stations and rest stops will not be open. :o

:scratch: What happens then? Who can tell :?: :!: Just in case, reducing the cookie
allotment now from 3 a day to 2 seems wise ... starting next week. :roll:

Rod :)
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

:lol:
LOL sorry but I just read Rod's last paragraph and it hit home. I was just wondering last night if my "cookie stock pile" was enough. :oops: :lol: I am also thinking of a video posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger, sitting in a hot tub and speaking of importance of self isolation. At the end he says ..."PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!" (I had a cookie in my hand and almost threw it on the floor!... almost being the important word here. ;) :roll: LOL Of course I also wanted to say, "I'll do that when you put that cigar down!" LOL

George and I are coping pretty good now but we have only just begun the self isolation process. It is difficult for me as I help a neighbour with her laundry and she is not practicing any kind of isolation or care as she rides public transport every day to walk around the local mall. George is very vulnerable so I am torn as to what to do. :(

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

we're ok here. my yoga practice happens in my backyard now since they've decided to close. i know of a gym that's open but not sure for how much longer. our business is considered an essential business but hours have been cut and 2 stores have been forced to closed down. the employees are being distributed among neighboring stores which cuts everyones hours. i had just submitted a self review for a raise but think that's getting put on pause. i don't think i'd be hired most places right now so i am going to have to look into a, "side hustle" through online work. most of the customers that come in are understanding but some people don't seem to care for social distancing or the fact that we're on the front lines dealing with people in higher volume. i think things will get worse here in the next couple weeks. my sister has been forced to work from home and because she was traveling her own roommate asked her to stay at our parents for some weird reason. so everyone's here, my income status is at an all time low. i do have my health and my family. i am going to have to start being more productive with at home exercises since it took me a while to make the mental adjustment with what's happening. if i hadn't my parents i'm certain i'd be near homeless. it's a good time to remember how to do some basic things to... build a shelter, start a fire, handle a firearm... city life has made me overly dependent. i am certain we will experience a rise in crime if things do get worse. when we had the flood certain neighborhoods banned together and had notices posted through out their side of town... sings which said things like, "armed and dangerous." i hope our family bands together and keeps their cool during these trying times. i'm for the neighborhood coming together and sharing resources- hope things get back to normal soon but have been reading that we're basically at war. a great depression is predicted to happen in around 3 months time. no one talks about this being a bioweapon which is now being discredited by mockingbird media .our way of life is under attack and petty politics dont stop amind a crisis- between propaganda, fear mongering and suppression of critical thinking we are slowly surrendering freedoms with full compliance.

a woman who shops with us and works for the health industry confirmed a young man aged 29 is hospitalized from this. a friend who knows someone in their 30's in NY is in an ICU from this. it isn't just the elderly. 3 weeks ago i had a dream i was in FL visiting two quarantined individuals- early cases and the level of isolation they were experiencing.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi everyone!
While I'm not too worried about a cookie supply, my husband is making a grocery run as we speak(wearing gloves, strict social distancing). While we're not in hording mode(still haven't ben able to find toilet paper since coming back home)we're adding to our the basic staples, filling the freezer.

Eric,
Unfortunately it looks like things are going to get worse before they get better, how much worse is anybody's guess. I am more concerned for those in the city than myself. Higher concentration of people, more chance of fear taking over. May not know what I'm talking about, as probably every household out here except for ours owns one or more guns. And my husband will be one of the last to loose his job. My heart is reaching out to those most vulnerable, the elderly, ill, homeless, those with the least amount of resources and support.

My sister's friend has a son college age, unconfirmed as they had to send the test to Utah, but emergency room doctor pretty sure he has it. One of the reasons why my son quarantined their family off. He's very protective of his girls, figuring this wasn't going to be an illness only for old people.

Luckiest of all are those of us who have their families close to them, and communication lines are still up and running fine. Situations and fears are mounting. It all goes back to what I've believed for a long time, "You can't do anything about anyone else but yourself." The only control I have is over my actions and reactions. If I can, I must remember everyone is scared. When people are frightened, it's so easy to slip into, first the midbrain where they get mouthy and loud, then even further into the brain stem. It's a fact, because of the chemical reactions taking pace, they are unable make rational decisions. If we can help others to stop and breathe, with calm words, join them in that breath, it helps them and us to return to the frontal cortex, the logical part of our brain.

For most of us this is probably our greatest test to date. I can loose it and add to the problem(and that may yet happen), or I breathe, try and remember all I've learned.. about myself and God, treasure those things I have to be grateful for. My most important resource right now is keeping a level head and having faith. If I could, I'd be huddled with all of you, supporting and protecting each other, standing against the onslaught of what may come... as it is, I'll be joining you in meditation, huddled with all of you, supporting and protecting each other.

Love to everyone as we try to stay strong,

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: With so many people "sheltering in place" ... for weeks! ...
an online yoga business that advises simple exercises (especially daily stretching)
might become popular ... even with low-cost membership and product sales :!:

:idea: A free (20 min. each?) audio CD (or download) with only music and several tempos
for different workouts would soon create client familiarity with the business
and with the daily routines; a video CD might be popular for those devices.

Rod :)
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Rod,
You might have something there! ;)

Kim

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Choreograph a simple yoga "exercise dance" (keep the elderly in mind) ;)
that can be taken to public gatherings in subsequent months, post quarantine.
Dance familiarity would create immediate camaraderie in group events. :roll

Rod
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

swami v has said we have to balance the anxiety which is fear and need for entertainment. to live with ourselves and within ourselves. to double up our moral courage and that this is a great opportunity for introspection and a leap for seekers to practice their faith. some notes from todays fellowship...

faith is the conviction god exist. limit sensory input, be selective. the key to balance is solemnity and to use this social distancing as a way to practice good habits- like hygiene, like consuming healthy edibles(which you should do already) but more importantly is at a mental level- we can strengthen our immunities at the thought level. deep slow breathing is one of the most important things, which he said if you can feel deep breaths at the pelvic floor that you're providing a rejuvenating effect on the lungs. forgiveness doubles up immunity, overcome violence on the thought level and to attune with nature.

earth- connect with earth in whatever way possible- *wet soil or barefoot, contemplate in nature
water- drink clean water and wash skin often
fire- light cooking - not to overcook, sun gazing
air- *slow deep breathing*
ether- access to sublime feelings from the heart

bliss from direct experience with god gives greatest immunity. he nonchalantly explained why the virus might be here but said it's not important because it's veiled in darkness. to see in the dark we need light. to choose to double up on moral courage is the light. our attitude and ourselves is the thing to work on, where to place our energies. he called the social distancing a blessing in disguise. on a deeper level says that dispassion leads to compassion. and he said there is momentum happening now that will be felt ahead but upcoming planetary transitions are to give the one practicing hopeful attitude a boost(strengthening) come april, may and june. still not to wait and to always practice positive affirmations and compassion for all life not just humans.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Sending my gratitude to you for sharing this message, and to Swami V for creating it. Love every word!

Kim