What Sufism has to offer an 1111 truth seeker

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

What Sufism has to offer an 1111 truth seeker

Post by happyrain »

It has been 11 years since my conscious awakening into the life of spiritual contemplation and practice. The journey is wonderful and just as mysterious today as it was in my earlier years of contact with the living spirit. Though progress has been made, the trials are routine. In my short years of discovery I have been lead to Western Sufism and have shared many expressions from a beautiful student of life by the name of Inayat Khan. You can find these inspirations here, https://www.board.1111angels.com/viewto ... wl+of+saki . Given my current point of introspection, I felt the message below to be the most important. I may not have even understood what it meant 11 years ago but the truth behind this is something that anyone on the path can relish and hope to keep on the fore of their mind whenever you too find yourself in troubling times.

The saying is this,
"Man mistakes when he begins to cultivate the heart by wanting to sow the seed himself, instead of leaving the sowing to God.

Bowl of Saki, October 29, by Hazrat Inayat Khan"

My understanding of this message is...

From your awakening to now, you will find one of the most important qualities to develop to be your Heart. I have found, in the process, that my expectations and desires have lead to much suffering. The Heart and the Ego have a way of working that you might expect a level of reciprocity from any given circumstance. You might find this to be common knowledge. It is, it is the way of this world which is why it is also so difficult. I felt compelled to share, given that my falls often leave me with a heavy heart. In times of difficulty, continue to cultivate the Heart qualities but do not expect reciprocity or seek to control conditions. Still more God as a creator of Life, understands the plight of ego-consciousness as it develops in a world governed by the laws of nature- his laws, his worlds- what God has in store for each of us on this path of seeking has to be far greater than what our limited selves can presently comprehend. Remember the grandeur of the creator and the marvel of discovery, realize the limited self when things seem to be going awry and have Faith that the developing Heart qualities are not going unnoticed. Hope, a most beautiful transcending philosophy, has to be maintained during our difficult times. Do not shut your heart when you are hurt but continue to develop your practice and share the qualities you believe in, have Faith that God has a plan for you and things will be revealed.

A member here by the name of Child of God would say to us, "Let Go and Let God."
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: What Sufism has to offer an 1111 truth seeker

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
I am very grateful you have found your teacher and share his teachings with us. Seems like the wisdom you glean reflects in the air of your writing and poetry.
happyrain wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:48 amFrom your awakening to now, you will find one of the most important qualities to develop to be your Heart. I have found, in the process, that my expectations and desires have lead to much suffering. The Heart and the Ego have a way of working that you might expect a level of reciprocity from any given circumstance. You might find this to be common knowledge. It is, it is the way of this world which is why it is also so difficult. I felt compelled to share, given that my falls often leave me with a heavy heart. In times of difficulty, continue to cultivate the Heart qualities but do not expect reciprocity or seek to control conditions.
This contains a very important lesson indeed. The line from a song, "When I get knock down, I get up again," springs to mind.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Eric,
Your shared messages from Hazrat Inayat Khan always seem to touch on something I need to hear and understand.

Kim,
When I get knock down, I get up again," springs to mind.
LOL Now that one is in my mind for the night. (Could be a good thing, though. ;) :D )

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Eric,

Well I think you are doing really well at this spiritual awakening business. All of us who make recognizable progress enough to continue with the process are doing GREAT!

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Resurrecting this thread to show some really cool pictures of both young Inayat Khan and older
1898 Baroda India

That's him in Russia, 1913. In his early years he was a musician.

and this is a portrait of him years later...
beautiful
and
San Diego 1926!
:loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Eric. I am enjoying these photographs tonight. :sunflower:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

thanks sandy ! :loves
i found these photos here, just an amazing collection!!

wow
http://nekbakhtfoundation.org/
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Great photos, Eric. I particularly like the flying heart one as I've used that symbol on several occasions. To wit...

:hithere
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:loves :loves :loves Beautiful!

Did you get a chance to see the gallery or the documents section on this website? There are scanned documents, like the newspaper article describing Henry Ford and Inayat Khans meeting or other beautiful handwritten testimonies by Saints, professors and various people.

http://nekbakhtfoundation.org/documents It's a pleasant detour I promise. :lol: A blast from the past.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Eric,
It was good to read about this great and loving man's life from the last url you shared. And yet, here's another great teacher that left this world all too soon. :(

xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

No way Sister! Inayat Khan introduced himself to me in this life! So, the way I see it, he's still alive. :bana:

:loves Thanks for cheering me up tonight.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
happyrain wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:58 amNo way Sister! Inayat Khan introduced himself to me in this life! So, the way I see it, he's still alive.
This statement is a great example of Lystke's latest celestial contribution, "A Matter Of Eternity!"

I've taken the 30 day mantra challenge starting Tuesday and the bee propolis arrived on the same day.

Singing the Good Morning song today. Hope you are all happy and well,

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

No way Sister! Inayat Khan introduced himself to me in this life! So, the way I see it, he's still alive.
Hi Eric. You are absolutely right! :sunflower: How could I miss that? :shock:

Thank you...Yu made my sometimes silly old lady heart sing. :happy

xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Coming back to say one thing I might have left out in the original post. Sufism, just like the 1111 phenomena, teaches us how to connect to the universal consciousness- a reality accessible by beings far greater in their evolution than our planets. We can receive answers to some of life's greatest mysteries if we learn to cultivate the heart qualities and tune into the singularity. The number prompts are another way to make you aware of a living intelligence and our connection to it by taking something material and acknowledging it at the thought level. It doesn't matter what your religion is but it matters that you seek what unites humanity towards Progress; this journey will open you up to possibilities you might have shied away from at some point for a number of reasons. This thread, which is the consequence of my personal affections for having been shown a way, is not meant to force one into an awkward discipline but meant to highlight common infrastructure, whatever the path, all lead to One. While I can't speak on what any future holds I can say that there are teachings which allow access to realities not limited by linear time or the rules of this material matrix which have thus far been defined by limited reasoning faculties.It truly is a magical world if we attune ourselves to the guiding principles. Imagine communicating with these beings as one such experience or having some experience with psychokinesis. To bring it all back, I shared my interest in Sufism to once again say, it does not matter what your religion is, that we share common ground and to connect to the Heart as a guiding principle in order to discover Truth. So this thread might be better titled, what an Ideal has to offer a Seeker. There will be ups and downs, ignorance plenty and often we discover what is not truth but I also wanted to bring back a bit of inspiration to this idea of transcendentalism and the joy in realizing that a greater intelligence is guiding us, should we choose to awaken to such reality.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Very well said Eric! Here here! :cheers:
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

The divine message has always been sent through those fitly endowed. For instance when wealth was esteemed the message was delivered by King Solomon; when beauty was worshipped, Joseph, the most handsome, gave the message; when music was regarded as celestial David gave his message in song. When there was curiosity about miracles Moses brought his message. When sacrifice was highly esteemed Abraham gave the message. When heredity was recognized, Christ gave his message as the Son of God. When democracy was necessary, Muhammad gave his message as the Servant of God, one like all and among all. ...

All Masters from the time of Adam till the time of Muhammad have been the one embodiment of the Master-ideal. When Jesus Christ is represented as saying, 'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end,' it is not meant that either the name or the visible person of Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega, but the Master-spirit within. It was this spirit which proclaimed this, moved by its realization of past, present, and future life, confident of its eternity. It is the same spirit which spoke through Krishna, saying, 'We appear on earth when Dharma is corrupted,' which was long before the coming of Christ. During his divine absorption Muhammad said, 'I existed even before this creation and shall remain after its assimilation.' In the holy traditions it is said, 'We have created thee of Our light and from thy light We have created the universe.' This is not said of the external person of Muhammad as known by this name. It refers to the spirit which spoke through all the blessed tongues and yet remained formless, nameless, birthless and deathless.

But the blind world, absorbed in its phenomena and impressed by a certain name and form, has clung to the name, forgetting the true being. It is this ignorance which has divided the children of men into so many divisions and separated one from the other by their own delusions: whereas in reality there exists one religion and one single Master, the only God. ... There has been one Teacher only, and He alone will be. All the names which the world has fought over, are His names, and all the physical forms that have won the adoration of the truth-seeking world are His forms.
from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_I_2.htm

:loves :loves :loves

There has been one teacher only. <3