My Summer of the Catbird — by Virginia May-Schiros

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Living, as too many of us do, separated from Nature, we forget that we are supported on this planet only insofar as we remain connected in relationship to Earth and all of her creatures. John Muir understood this deeply. He encouraged people to “stay close to Nature’s heart” for healing and solace. It takes patience, quiet, and a willingness to step away from the pull of technology to find the heart of Nature in real time. He saw how Nature has been sustained over eons through storms, floods, and fires, but she will “not be saved from fools” – meaning humans who have lost their relationship with Life. This is a problem for our age and will define how well humans survive on this planet in the decades going forward. On a personal level, the importance of this life-giving relationship with Nature was brought home to me several years ago and has remained with me to this day.
That is the introduction to this wonderful story. It begins with the sadness of great grief and ends with joy and a sense of Divinity.

http://www.dailygood.org/story/2401/my- ... y-schiros/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: My Summer of the Catbird — by Virginia May-Schiros

Post by Sandy »

That was a very special piece of writing. I find comfort there and can relate in a small and different sort of way.
For me it was a pair of magpies that helped to ground me here in Australia as I fought the loneliness. :)
Thank you Welles.
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.