Stepping Over The Bag Of Gold — by Rachel Naomi Remen

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This is a little parable featuring an exchange between Shiva and Shakti. The final line that summarized the lesson is...
It seems that Life drops many bags of gold in our path. Rarely do they look like what they are.

http://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2381

happyrain
Family

Re: Stepping Over The Bag Of Gold — by Rachel Naomi Remen

Post by happyrain »

Dear Welles,
So true and what a wonderful story it is. I recently confronted someone with a bit of a poor reputation and realized it was outside of my capacity to help him. As awkward as it was, dangerous as it could have been- I was safe. I couldn't tell if this person was conducting a social experiment or has a mental illness but whatever the reason there was a barrier between us. Shakti wanted to help this fellow, Shiva was wise enough to realize that one has to want help themselves before any real change can occur. When I tried, my best self couldn't come out. I understand there's more to someone than the reputation that precedes them. Even if we fail to provide any sound advice we can still acknowledge the Soul within and place Faith in God that there time will come.
Thank you. :sunflower:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

What a clever story. Thank you for the life lesson this morning, (afternoon now :D ) Welles. It's a good one for sure!
(((((HUGS)))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I appreciate these words, Eric...
I understand there's more to someone than the reputation that precedes them. Even if we fail to provide any sound advice we can still acknowledge the Soul within and place Faith in God that there time will come.
It is 12:12 here :D
Thank you for the reminder. :sunflower:
Love, prayer and faith/trust is a powerful trio.
(((((HUG for you too)))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.