Mahashivratri

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Mahashivratri

Post by happyrain »

:hithere Today is a good day for anyone on the spiritual path to meditate. Like the effects of a full moon, there is an energy rising on this day with thousands of yogi's and spiritual seekers meditating. So, if anything, take 10 minutes through out the night to think on this. Hope it helps! :loves
The Significance of Mahashivratri
Mahashivratri, "the Great Night of Shiva" is the most significant event in India's spiritual calendar. Sadhguru explains what makes Mahashivratri so important, and how one can participate.

...Mahashivratri is very significant for people who are on the spiritual path. It is also very significant for people who are in family situations, and also for the ambitious in the world.

...Modern science has gone through many phases and arrived at a point today where they are out to prove to you that everything that you know as life, everything that you know as matter and existence, everything that you know as the cosmos and galaxies, is just one energy which manifests itself in millions of ways. This scientific fact is an experiential reality in every yogi. The word “yogi” means one who has realized the oneness of the Existence. When I say “yoga,” I am not referring to any one particular practice or system. All longing to know the unbounded, all longing to know the oneness in the Existence is yoga. The night of Mahashivratri offers a person an opportunity to experience this.

...So when we say Shivratri, which is the darkest night of the month, it is an opportunity for one to dissolve their limitedness, to experience the unboundedness of the source of creation which is the seed in every human being. Mahashivratri is an opportunity and a possibility to bring yourself to that experience of the vast emptiness within every human being, which is the source of all creation. On the one hand, Shiva is known as the destroyer. On the other, he is known as the most compassionate. He is also known to be the greatest of the givers. The yogic lore is rife with many stories about Shiva’s compassion. The ways of expression of his compassion have been incredible and astonishing at the same time. So Mahashivratri is a special night for receiving too. It is our wish and blessing that you must not pass this night without knowing at least a moment of the vastness of this emptiness that we call as Shiva. Let this night not just be a night of wakefulness, let this night be a night of awakening for you.
taken from,
https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/sadhgur ... hivarathri
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: Mahashivratri

Post by Sandy »

Hello Eric,
I didn't read this in time to meditate and ponder these words with the thousands upon thousand of yogis around the world but hoping I can still reap some of the benefits in just a little while. "The vast emptiness", The universe within us...I long to be a part of that peace that is beyond description..." :happy

Love and thank you for all the uplifting things you do...
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

We're still celebrating over here. :hithere There's always time for stillness. A heart sincere draws Beloved near! Just Breathe in that Joy, that Peace is attainable. Here's to you as well! TY :mrgreen:
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Oh, sorry I missed this too. Would have loved to feel the energy, next time I guess. Have been under the weather, all I had last night were bizarre fever dreams... the opposite of uplifting.

Glad you were able to participate! :sunflower:

Happy meditating,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hope you're feeling better, Kim. Thinking about you down here and sending love and healing energies. :kiss:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Thank you Sandy,
Me too in reverse! Its been a long week, but everything happens for a reason right?

On February 28, I experienced another unmistakable coincidence, followed by an incredible meditation, but then kind of crashed emotionally and physically afterward. Have been reluctant to share meditation, because it was so inspiring for me, then everything fell apart. It's been five days of trying to get through this bug, and piece together what this all means for me spiritually. I've known for a long time being empathic means I need to retreat and recover after being out and about interacting with the masses. If I don't take the time to recognize and center myself, my body decides for me and gets sick. Last night my thought was, "Okay... what do I need to control and understand this 'gift'?" Feeling The Correcting Time is definitely in full swing. Stress and negativity are amping up as people are presented with situations to once and for all "deal with their stuff", myself included. What do I need to do to maintain perspective, still be empathic, but not take on the ills of everyone else?

It feels like spirit is trying harder than ever to get me to listen, but resistance is also something I'm good at. So I made a list of what I need to revisit and stop stalling. Song 'Dust In The Wind' began playing. Went to the internet, asked myself, "Okay what exactly does it mean to be empathic? … Maybe I'm not empathic at all?" Decided on the site, 30 Traits of an empath. ..Ok, what is needed is to find out how do I use this to help others without loosing myself, because that's my main goal.

Any suggestions from others would be helpful and appreciated. I need tools... I'm really good at using tools.

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Spacewaltz
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Spacewaltz »

A beautiful selection of shakti music from a very interesting person ,who came back to new Zealand, after 15 years of studying silence in India . Www.Bliss-music.com.
It's a wonderful way to help to train our selves to enter into the presence or present moment awareness . It can be used with headphones and the sounds are a variety of beautiful reflections of the sounds of consciousness to bathe ones being both inner and outer. I have used this daily now for many years both as back ground contemplatively or just sitting in the early hours entering the silence. It really helps especially when the mind is really not able to bring the senses into a peaceful space which happens a lot in the material world. I went through a life threatening period due to cancer and chronic pain and during these crises years when I were not expected ro survive , I flooded my consciousness with these beautiful sounds and constantly focused on mindfulness and presence . A decade later life is beautiful and each day I walk amongst nature and give thanks that I am able to breath in the beauty of nature that I am gifted to walk with still. :sunflower:
Spacewaltz
New Friend

Post by Spacewaltz »

It's not my place to say this Kim, but there is a link by George in the thread "11:11 and other digital prompts " for his link to Stillness and meditation for stilling the mind also the akashic construct. :D
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Spacewaltz,
So happy to hear you've beaten cancer and it helped lead you to, or reinforce living a spiritual life! :bana: :sunflower: :bana: ! What better way to overcome a negative event?
Spacewaltz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:14 amA decade later life is beautiful and each day I walk amongst nature and give thanks that I am able to breath in the beauty of nature that I am gifted to walk with still.
What a wonderful way to face the future. :sunflower:

Thank you for the links! Music is one of the main tools I use to maintain balance and calm amongst the chaos. Happy to say the Akashic Construct CD is how I first learned to meditate. For me it's been a life changing and life saving practice since...2006? And it's perfectly alright for you to suggest it, any help is appreciated.

Actually I appreciate the revisiting of this thread! Soon after my last post here, I realized the intensity of my mood was yet again related to empath abilities. After experiencing complete hopelessness and despair for 3 or 4 days(the opposite of who I believe I am). Those feelings suddenly lifted the same time my brother's long time girlfriend passed away. At the time I was unaware she was having any health or emotional problems. Around that time my husband's coworker was diagnosed with cancer, and several other friends and family experiencing serious problems in their lives. With the increased intensity of these situations happening around me, it's been hard handling the influx of emotion.

This might sound like a lot of "WOO! WOO!" to the majority of the population, but has been my experience for my whole life. Maybe it's a signal to once and for all understand those abilities? Of course that is easier said than done, but I've increased meditations considerably. Found that singing bowl meditations to align chakras has really helped, and imagining a golden thread from heaven spooled several times around my body then connecting to the ground after meditation helps me close down from receiving a bit. Listening to mellow classical, or meditative music while exercising and quiet times really helps. A spiritual friend suggested I put it out there to limit the distance I receive from, asking it be only connected to my circle of friends and family, instead of the community and world at large. Of course being outside in nature is as necessary as breathing.

To Everyone,
Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Easter! Happy Spring! Or what ever they choose to celebrate! Here's to love and life!

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Spacewaltz,

I've been listening to the blissful music samplings you posted. I've booked marked the page so perhaps some day I can get the set. :) In the past people have come to us with pain an unable to get past it to find peace and stillness and meditation that is so healing and beneficial. This shakti music may very well be the answer. o I thank you.

We've been watching a series called Coast. In this particular set of films the producers of the show are focused on New Zealand. ... which has to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth. How I longed to go right through the TV screen and find myself in this enchanted place. :)

Kim, a few years ago something similar happened with me. I was feeling unusually upset and for no reason. And then I discovered a family member was having trouble and I was picking up on her distress. ...this 7000 miles away. :shock: I don't know why sometimes these things happen and other times when you think it would ..it doesn't. :scratch: Spirit connects us, though, in ways we don't always understand, eh?

I'm a bit late but I hope everyone had a lovely Easter or Sunday. :hithere

love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
It's crazy what spirit is capable of isn't it? Over and over again we're being reminded that space and time really do not separate us. One of my favorite memories of having an empathic moment was when sending a PM to Petra. She'd been having a hard time, I was trying to be supportive when suddenly the room filled with a glorious scent. I asked, "Why do I smell apple blossoms?" We were at the tail end of winter, no blossoms any where! She was flabbergasted when she read it because at the very moment of reading the PM she was sitting under an apple tree in full bloom.

Ahhh, I miss Petra!

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Kim,

I remember that apple blossom event with Petra. That was one of the coolest... Yeah I miss her too. I'm thinking though that when we least expect it ...she may pop right back onto the board and into our lives. I mean we got to see Daddy-O (Clint) this week, right? :bana: Anything is possible. :D

Love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Maybe if we send enough dancing bananas to Petra she'll stop in for a visit?! :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: ... :bana: :bana: :bana: ... :bana: :bana: :bana: ...
Sandy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:13 amAnything is possible.
Absolutely! As spirit expressed so long ago, "There are no limits!"

Kim... (Wonder if I should just change my avvie and signature to :bana:, just think of the exercise I'd be getting!)

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

(That's all my finger has in me at the moment. ;) )

Definitely keep smiling and :cheers: celebrating the awesome surprises coming our way.

:loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
That's pretty good :bana: posting I'd say!

:bana: (Kim)

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

to reiterate
In Indian culture, all the ancient prayers were not about saving yourself, protecting yourself or doing better in life. All the ancient prayers have always been “Oh lord, destroy me so that I can become like yourself.” So when we say Shivratri, which is the darkest night of the month, it is an opportunity for one to dissolve their limitedness, to experience the unboundedness of the source of creation which is the seed in every human being.
https://isha.sadhguru.org/mahashivratri ... shivratri/

tomorrow is msr
maybe our group can practice stillness for a little...

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

MahaaShivaraatri Blessings & Message
by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda

Adorable Aspirant,

The great night of meditation, or MahaaShivaRaatri on Maagha-Krishna-Chaturdashi (Aamanta), is determined when the duration of the fourteenth waning lunar day includes midnight local time. Thus MahaaShivaRaatri is celebrated on the night of 21st February 2020 in USA and India.

Meditation on this special night is a practice of alertness meant to supersede the awake-state during the day. On this occasion, I am sharing a recording of vintage chanting and a guided meditation for your ritual and contemplation. May you hold the Lord of Time in your heart.

Rudraadhyaayah Chanting - Namakam & Chamakam - 44 min https://hansavedas.org/rudraadhyaayah-namakam-chamakam/

Guided Meditation - 75 min https://multimedia.hansavedas.org/free- ... reathing-2

With the abounding holy blessings of my Meditation Lineages,
Shivasuta - Swami Vidyadhishananda

PS. Please use high-quality speakers for the best experience of chanting.
www.hansavedas.org
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

spacewaltz what unique timing, to see you posting again. i hope you enjoy the content above.
thank you for your contribution.

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Thank you Eric,
I particularily enjoyed the Ganapati Invocation,,
Blessings,,pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi lynn,
i felt the power of that one too.

i'll try the guided meditation as we get closer to midnight.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Darn, I missed this. Listened to the chants for just a few minutes, made me really happy. I know it's late but will give them a go later today. Had a few symbols from my teachers trigger when I thought this.

Funny thing last night I had a really crazy experience about 1:00 A.M. was going to post it to the group meditation when I saw this one from you. I'll finish it on that thread.

Thanks for the links.

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I missed it too. Sorry Eric. I am listening to the Chants now...love them both.. The voices and music cut right you and touch your soul don't you think? Beautiful! :happy Did you do the guided meditation last Friday? I haven't done it yet but would like to.

xxSandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Listened to the chants on Saturday. I agree with Sandy the tones reach very deep inside. During the 44 minute one the visual I had was a large group kneeling on prayers cloths on a high, smooth, light sand colored rock ledge. It was very sunny. Everyone was in prayer pose. The man chanting was up in front of the group. I almost didn't join them in the prayer because the view was so incredibly captivating! We were positioned very close to the edge of the ledge. I wondered if there was a river on the other side. Nope, it was several feet down opening up to a large expansive area.

Finally joined the group in prayer, positioning myself at the back. A few minutes in I saw the spirits of gurus who have passed. Yoganonda and all his teachers were there, along with several others I was unfamiliar with. I was awestruck! My first thought was, "I hope Eric is seeing this!!!" Looked to my right, realizing you had been there all the time. Slowly and methodically the great ones made their way through the group. As they passed each person they placed their thumb on every forehead, leaving an indigo dot on the third eye area. The meditation ended when the chant stopped. I was very surprised 44 minutes had gone by.

I did the 75 minute meditation that night. Recognized it from one you'd recommended a while ago. Every muscle was relaxed, must have been getting, sleepy toward the end, because every time the presenter spoke it startled me. Think I stopped about 60 minutes in.

If anyone is getting tired of me sharing meditations please gently let me know.

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

kim, I love your experiences. no need to worry. I did the 44 minutes chanting no problem. I was actually just laying down listening and letting the vibrations work.

sandy as for the guided meditation, well, I think I need to practice more. once again I found myself getting tired and restless even. didn't make it far.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Kim wrote:
If anyone is getting tired of me sharing meditations please gently let me know.
When I read that...LOL the title of a children's book (you too are probably familiar with) came to mind. "More More More! said the Baby."
Well those are my sentiments exactly. LOL Keep em coming. We all grow when we share.

...and of course there are no right or wrong ways to share Divine love between us.

As I am typing this I am looking at something very beautiful. I have the vertical blinds closed to give me some peace from my bird friends and there is a small crack of light that is illuminating one of my "jar candles on a lower shelf, striking the wick making it look like it is aflame. Amazing what you see when you pay attention. :shock:
sandy as for the guided meditation, well, I think I need to practice more. once again I found myself getting tired and restless even. didn't make it far.
Eric, we all can use more practice. But you are just right as you are in this moment. :love
The guided meditation just may not have been your "thang" at that moment. You got restless. We all do at times and with various "stuff". Sometimes we do not need, or perhaps it is our inner soul rebels against a "go between" between us and connection to spirit. LOL Does that make any sense?

...sort of like a minister leading a church service...guided meditations can be a bit like that. ;) Don't get me wrong. I love them, do them, but at times just want to let the meeting between soul and spirit unfold in the moment.
You know, you are much more spiritually strong then you realise. Have you been lifting "weights"? :kiss:
xxSandy