on forgiveness

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

on forgiveness

Post by happyrain »

my friend shared this with me :mrgreen: :loves :happy
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: on forgiveness

Post by Seeker13 »

Good morning Eric!
That's what I adore about Sufi poetry, the simplicity. After getting over my shiny feeling of seeing a tree in bloom I had to really thnk about the words of this poem. Tried associating crushed blossoms with forgiveness. First I felt, "No! Not the beautiful redbud( thought that's what type of flower they were)! But then, envisioned the extra burst of fragrance released, understanding, "Exactly!"

Incidentally, seeing a Sufi poem associated with flowers, reminded me of my reading last night in Autobiography of a Yogi. It was about Kabir, a 16th century saint. He had both Hindu and Muslim followers who couldn't agree on how to honor his remains when he died. When suddenly his body transformed into flowers, each took half and honored them according to their own customs. I was reminded of the note I made to find out more about him today.

Love the visual,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

That's so beautiful Eric! Thank you...I'm taking it with me into my day. ...And Kim's bit helped me to understand it fully...
That's what I adore about Sufi poetry, the simplicity. After getting over my shiny feeling of seeing a tree in bloom I had to really think about the words of this poem. Tried associating crushed blossoms with forgiveness. First I felt, "No! Not the beautiful redbud( thought that's what type of flower they were)! But then, envisioned the extra burst of fragrance released, understanding, "Exactly!"
:idea: Today I'm looking at any grudges I may be holding tightly to within.... :finger: :kiss:

Thanks guys,
xxSandy

I adore Redbud trees.
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

when she sent this to me, i felt, this is what its all about.
here's a quote that feels equally nourishing

"Give up trying to visualize God or understand His workings; just take His love and bring it into your life."

~Sheikh Jelaluddin Loras picture from
http://www.whirling-dervish.org/gardens.htm
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
My whole being automatically relaxed seeing this scene, reading the words completed the process.

Thanks!
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Every thing is tied up within Love, eh? Seems everything falls into place when we live in it.... Oh that scene in the photo! Now what a magickal garden that must be....Of course, the pessimistic Sandy :roll: is thinking..."Wow I wouldn't want to sit by that pond after sunset"... (as she swats a mozzie (mosquito that followed her inside...)

Gonna be a great day! Love is the aim for the day!

Hug,
Sandy

Interesting...Eric, the day you posted the forgiveness above. My next door neighbour demonstrated the need for it and what can happen with the lack of it...I'll take forgiveness anytime, thank you! Unforgiveness really bites you in the backside when you practice it :roll
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

thanks sandy, that is interesting... i'd love to hear more of your story with the neighbor and what you mean, but if its sharing to much info out here all good! happy to see some form of alignment take place.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning Eric,

Well... it isn't exactly my experience to share, I just helped one of the "parties" involved hold it together. I don't think there is any harm, though.So here goes...

As many of you know, G and I live in a series of flats, four to be precise. We have a large shared yard which I take responsibility for, keeping it mowed and in good repair. My next door neighbour, "K" has taken a distinct dislike to the young man living in the front flat, "B". There is an age difference and he is mostly about having a good time with his friends and shows a distinct lack of unintended disregard for other people's possessions, borrowing them sometimes without asking. I must admit he always asks me first, but, the article in question is K's two aluminium chairs sitting outside her flat. The last time B had friends over, they borrowed her chairs without asking and it was a couple days before B returned them. When he did he mistakenly put one of his own at the table instead o Ks which was a tad more expensive and had a simple chair pad attached. She asked him for it and he quickly substituted saying he didn't pay any attention. and to his credit they do look quite similar ..... Well, three to four weeks passed and this ate at Kelly so much that out of the blue this week she wrote him a note and in angry no uncertain terms she blasted him and told him never to take her stuff again! Well B has an anger problem so the angry note set him off and they exchanged an ugly series of words, in front of B's mom at that. K was very upset afterwards and admitted she didn't handle it well. (But she suffers from clinical anxiety so this type of behaviour bothers her and eat at her, but she also has trouble connecting and finding common ground with those she deems beneath her. So there you have it....
I agree with her. B should always ask first but there is a time and place even a method for everything under the sun. I made my peace with B and believe me I am several generations older then B and also have had trouble finding common ground...but I guess I noticed how much he loves his mother and how good he is to her. So I let go my silly condemnation accepting that I may not understand him but he certainly has some good points and began helping him out when I could which resulted in him helping me out as well without me even asking. I think we all are in need of forgiveness ourselves as much as we need to forgive in this give an take world . So anyway... K spent two - three days locked up depressed and upset not only with B but herself as well...where as a kind word, a gentle request, and forgiveness would have made the episode relatively painless.

Trying to practice this today...not as easy in reality as it is on paper", eh? :lol:

Love,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thanks Sandy. :hithere Glad everything is better now. :loves
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
This situation relates so closely to people close to me, it's almost as if were reading a comparative script. Reminds me once again that we are indeed immersed in The Correcting Time. All having to once and for all face those behaviors, obstacles, situations,... fears, we've been avoiding since our beginning. Seems the more we attempt to bypass them, the more intense THE OPPORTUNITIES to face them become. I feel for your neighbors, both of them, and so proud of you at having your perspective on the situation. They are lucky to have you in their midst!

Hope you're having a great day! :kiss:
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi everybody,

It's almost time for bed down here Kim as I read and write a short note.

It is always easier to see the right path when it isn't you in the midst of a dilemma. LOL Believe you me I have my own struggles and ignored lessons. :roll: sigh :) Yep you are right these "skipped chances to learn" certainly do seem more intense as they come around and around again. I never thought bout it like that but so true.

Things have calmed down a bit here and every body seems to have chilled out... :bana: Still no forgiveness as far as I can see but tolerance is a beginning, eh? :finger:

Enjoy your Day,
xxSandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Sandy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:30 pmtolerance is a beginning, eh?
;) right!

Kim