My Word Of The Year — by Nancy Gibbs

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

My Word Of The Year — by Nancy Gibbs

Post by Welles »

My word of the year is listen.

It’s one of those words whose meaning is in its music. Listen is a quiet word, that half swallowed L and diffident I and softly hissing S. It defies the clamorous words it absorbs, the words that have defined this year, the shouts and roars, the bray and bluster. Listening is hard when the sounds around us grow mean and ugly.

And listening takes particular courage in divisive times.

My Word Of The Year — by Nancy Gibbs

http://www.awakin.org/read/audio.php?op=play&tid=2349

:roll:
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: My Word Of The Year — by Nancy Gibbs

Post by Seeker13 »

Wow Welles!
I'm taking a picture of this, to refer back and remind myself of it every once in awhile,.... perfect.

We had the unique experience of loosing power about 7:30 last night. After the hustle and bustle of getting candles around, husband and son trucking it through a snow storm to get a generator and drinking water, I was left alone.

It was a comfortable aloneness, snuggled under the covers writing New Years resolutions by candle light. What struck me the most was the quiet, the blessed quiet. For several minutes I was listening very carefully, only audible sounds were of the snow striking darkened windows, and I swear I could hear the flickering flames of the candles. Decided it was a good time to meditate, maybe even hear God's Voice,... all too soon the clamor of family and our dog returned, stomping off the cold, hooking up the generator, firing up of the pellet stove. Even outside, generators are very loud! I was appreciative of the returning basic comforts,... still a little disappointed at the loss of quiet and the chance to hear it.

Happy listening everyone, in this very New Year!

Love,
Kim
(power came back on a little while ago)
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: My Word Of The Year — by Nancy Gibbs

Post by Welles »

Kim,

I love the hush of falling snow. Well to be honest I love the idea of the hush of falling snow but have become a Californian at heart. California cold is 40 degrees. Below that is freezing! :sunny: