Who Is My Neighbor? — by Ivan Illich

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Some thirty years ago, I went into sermons from the early third century into the nineteenth century dealing with this story of the Samaritan, and I found out that most preachers, when they comment on that passage, comment on it in order to show how we ought to behave towards our neighbor, when in fact this is the opposite of what Jesus, who tells that story of the Samaritan, wanted to point out.
Now you might assume this little article should be in the theological arena but in actuality the substance is the realization that Ivan had and shares about the idea that our actions define our neighbors.

http://www.awakin.org/read/audio.php?op=play&tid=2351

Sandy
Staff

Re: Who Is My Neighbor? — by Ivan Illich

Post by Sandy »

Hi Welles,

Thank you for that interesting way of looking at this parable with enlightened teaching.

Strange thing...with the photo involving Mr Rogers seen in this article, that is the third time in half a day he has come up in some form....very odd. :scratch:

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Speaking of Mr. Rogers. Just recently I saw this acceptance speech by Mr. Rogers as he accepted the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 24th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9Lnu ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Wow....that was something special and still welds the same enormous power it did that long ago night in 1997. You know, he was one of the people I thought of during the 10 seconds of silence.... What a life well served!
Thank you Welles...I'm a teary mess but better for it for sure. :kiss:

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.