two extremes: atheism

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

two extremes: atheism

Post by happyrain »

i may need to reread this lesson to better understand its message but i am in disagreement with the transmission that atheist have a weak morality and that the majority of atheist see those with faith as unfruitful. i actually think atheist have more in common with a person of religion than meets the eye. despite the opposition both have developed a firm stance in their beliefs(or lack thereof), atheist typically have a stronger assertion for having to break away from dogma and having observed corruption associated with the abuse of religious ideal. this level of independence, from what i gather, causes the individual to own up to their greatness as well as their faults. i've friends who are atheist who do not disrespect my belief in God. i tend to think that, being limited in nature, so is our understanding of the truth which is also subject to change. sometimes a great disbeliever can turn into a famous saint. a person may never believe in god in their lifetime- in my opinion, these folks are still unique and valued expressions of god. faith comes from a level of confidence in something to be true. true religion was birthed for the purpose of an ideal- i would argue that atheist may strive for a god-ideal without realizing it, that anything which falls short is given a serious introspection since being an atheist does not mean lacking in morality. most care for others, which is after all, a great service to God- his expressions, his Life.
Okay, now that my rant is over let me go back reread and try to adjust my attitude. :batman: :study: :oops:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
happyrain
Family

Re: two extremes: atheism

Post by happyrain »

I'll just add that the message is beautiful, that this pursuit towards perfection(God ideal) is one also considered by atheist
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Hey Eric,

I think the salient point is that the extremes of both categories are being discussed. There are relatively few of those who go to great lengths to dissuade others from inquiry into spiritual matters. I believe that is the level of atheism being described. There are also relatively few who are so emotionally attached to the ideas and trappings of religions that they are inclined toward domination or destruction of others.

I think you are looking more at the average person. Many atheists are actually agnostic, in my view, and still have potentially open minds. A relatively few are those who go to great lengths to dissuade others from inquiry into spiritual matters. I'd agree with you that many people pursue goals that seem to exhibit qualities that are actually attributes of God's Love and that will serve them well in their future. However they have postponed the choice to embrace the eternal adventure and will have to make that decision in the Mansion worlds. Many institutional religionists share aspects of obnoxious attitudes along with some sincere embrace of relative truths.

It's complicated.

:idea: :?: :!: :arrow: :roll
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Welles,
Not at all. Well put, thank you for the clarification. :hithere