The Strictness of Diet

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

The Strictness of Diet

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi All

With the Beloved One's latest message on self-discipline, which moved me much, I am beginning to consider, to what degree of strictness do channels, T/Rs, and servant's of Spirit in general, aspire in body management? I'd love to hear from people doing spiritual work, or some of the T/Rs working through 11:11PG. I also wonder, in my heart, how individuals like Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and Jesus, treated their bodies, in terms of diet and exercise? How critical was the management of the body, to their progressing enlightenment, and how did it factor in to their eventual attainment of fusion status?

Personally, I am seeing how particular foods, and how alcohol in particular, corrupt my integrity of mind, and vitality of body. I also see, how a failure to exercise intensively, on a frequent basis, puts my mind in lesser stead, and reduces my ability to be my fullest self, and in maximum harmony with Spirit. But that being said, I do have a history of mind instability, in otherwords I am very mentally sensitive to anything that goes into my body. Do you think that all of us, even the best from history, suffer from this affliction to some degree?

God bless you!

Dylan
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Strictness of Diet

Post by happyrain »

Hi Dylan,

Yes, and it is very important. I too suffer from instability where health is concerned. Having lived on both ends of the health/exercise spectrum, I'd say living a healthy life is important and preferred. To responding with Love, sensing the divine hand in all things and alleviating unnecessary suffering- all of this I experience more frequently when I am not so absorbed in myself or my unhealthy state of mind(indulging in eating and drinking). Balance is just as important. Learning my ideal health has caused me to go from being overweight to underweight and going too far in one direction would either corrupt my resolve or instill the strictest of regimen to the point of unrealistic expectation. Be gentle with yourself, it's a learning process- I believe the great ones, being subject to the same, share like experience. There are masters that have transcend the limits of Self and by way of example send their body through extremes or demonstrate odd behaviors that I'd advise against at this time.
Your posting is very peculiar, I am experiencing an increase in weight and lazy attitude that I am about ready to do without. Thank you. I would also say that changing ones life style isn't easy, but to never stop trying, even if you fall a couple times. Perception is the majority of the battle, until we've learned to maintain that awareness and reside in Love transcending, strive for ideal health.

Best of luck Brother!
:loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

As I understand discipline when it is a focus it is a burden; when it is a natural consequence of my entire being it is a joy.

Take diet, for example. When my consciousness is primarily residing in my emotional center (aka the guts) and dealing with fears and attachments I will be inclined to eat comfort food that is almost inevitably less than desirable for overall health. Gimme them cookies. I'll hoover the whole bag. It is a natural consequence of that state of consciousness.

As my consciousness rises into my heart I attend to nutrition more consciously for that is what helps me stay there.

So discipline to me is not stopping 'the bad' but creating 'the good'. That becomes so attractive that it takes center stage and 'the bad' withers away due to lack of interest.

Image Welles
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Thank you for your responses! They were great!
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Always good to hear from you. :alien:

Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

I also wonder, in my heart, how individuals like Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and Jesus, treated their bodies, in terms of diet and exercise?
That which is best for good human health is still being studied by the experts; these individuals in the quote, apparently, were more focused on their leadership roles but probably pursued sufficient diet and exercise to support their work. ;)

That the human body seems engineered (and evolved) to adapt to differing conditions and resources yet support average lifespans (average for that era of life on the planet) suggests that we have much personal freedom in choosing diet and exercise. However, "cause & effect" is our constant guidance, motivating us to make wise and dynamic choices. :finger:

Rod :)
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

I guess, while we have outer science, telling us, with greater or lesser clarity, what is good and bad for the body, we have access to inner intuition, instincts, and other sources of guidance, about what is ideal for our bodies, at any point in time.

Some of the more progressive doctors (like Keith Scott-Mumby), argue that we all have a unique genetic code, and hence a unique biochemistry and brain chemistry. Hence, comes the very personal journey, of discovering what is truly good, for our particular body. There is no silver bullet, or universally healthy diet. We are all different.

On a more subtle side, there is energetic eating: observing the way foods and drink affect our emotions, mood, tendencies and prominent energies such as yin and yang.

Good luck on your journey!

Dylan.

P.S. I would argue, and so do others, that if our primary goal is to serve spirit, then our primary health goal would be to maintain and sustain a good brain chemistry, so that we can be maximally receptive to spirit influences, and be ready to respond to the call.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

While brain needs priority, without healthy body the brain is not so mobile ...
and thus not able to be in all places where spirit influences would prevail
(in particular, many differing face-to face human relationships). ;)

Rod
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Rod. I agree! Ideally healthy brain and body!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

RunningScroll wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am I'd love to hear from people doing spiritual work, or some of the T/Rs working through 11:11PG. I also wonder, in my heart, how individuals like Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and Jesus, treated their bodies, in terms of diet and exercise? How critical was the management of the body, to their progressing enlightenment, and how did it factor in to their eventual attainment of fusion status?
Hi Dylan,

This topic generally winds "spiritual" people up. Of course if they really were, it would not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as we have been able to discern, Jesus did not follow any specific "diet" and we know he took and enjoyed alcohol. He was a very social person, and so he joined in socially with what was going on.

I have recently (2 - 3 years now) been on a very intense growth path, in order to achieve something that's hard to attain. Along the way we were frequently advised by spirit to limit alcohol, caffeine and to eat "light." They did not say we had to give up meat, but they were certainly concerned about the frequency and quantity that might be consumed.

What I learned is that there are "Earth Energy" activities that seem to be very susceptible to this aspect, and there are Divine Energies that are not so affected. It is highly recommended that mediums (T/Rs) watch their diet, and limit alcohol and caffeine. But attaining fusion status requires a Divine Energy that is less affected. Nevertheless if you really want to reach higher than any human save only Jesus, I would probably advise going light on meat, alcohol and caffeine. However that is far from the biggest hurdle you will face. The biggest hurdle is simply living amongst other unevolved people who raise triggers and behave badly all the time. And avoiding responding inappropriately is the difficulty. Every inappropriate thought or action retards your progress. So its hard not to slip down as much as you climb up. This is why its much easier in the Mansion Worlds - we are separated from those that are less evolved spiritually.

The reason why you get the advice in the Far East to refrain from meat is that their culture is predominantly about Earth Energies, not Divine Energies. If you want to know the difference, as expanded on by Yogananda, try a recent message from him:

Pathways of Consciousness

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Geoff

Thanks for responding!

"Nevertheless if you really want to reach higher than any human save only Jesus, I would probably advise going light on meat, alcohol and caffeine. However that is far from the biggest hurdle you will face. The biggest hurdle is simply living amongst other unevolved people who raise triggers and behave badly all the time. And avoiding responding inappropriately is the difficulty."

The big point I am making, and have experience with is, that alcohol, caffeine, and possibly meat, garlic, onions and some other things, all make it more difficult to respond to our brothers and sisters in a healthy way. They can even attract shadows to us, or release what is already there.

Additionally, for someone who is trying to heal from a trauma, or recover from a psychological problem, these things can all throw a spanner in the works.

I guess, it is up to the individual, to decide what is a threat, and what is not.

God bless,
Dylan
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Dylan,
Can you expand on this more?
RunningScroll wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 am The big point I am making, and have experience with is, that alcohol, caffeine, and possibly meat, garlic, onions and some other things, all make it more difficult to respond to our brothers and sisters in a healthy way. They can even attract shadows to us, or release what is already there.
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Research is continuing, but giving evidence that ...

1. quantity of some foods can be problematic, but ...
2. garlic and onions are well-known to be anti-bacterial,
3. meat may be the local source of a necessary nutrient: protein,
4. red wine is a source of antioxidants (e.g., resveratrol),
5. as well as freshly brewed coffee.

:idea: Since the human body can adapt to a variety of foods (by design),
moderation in quantity and careful selection/preparation seem
to be more important than limiting variety.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Amigoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 am
:idea: Since the human body can adapt to a variety of foods (by design),
moderation in quantity and careful selection/preparation seem
to be more important than limiting variety.

Hi Rod,

That is exactly the advice we have been given by spirit. My modification above, was only for those folks willing to go the whole way towards fusion on Earth. We have no evidence Jesus abstained from meat or wine. In fact we have evidence he did not.

While I don't use the term "shadow beings" preferring to call them what they are - dark spirits - again they are attracted to human behaviours not generally foods. The exception is if you abuse alcohol or drugs, then this can certainly happen, in fact its common, because they seek a "feeling" via a type of osmosis, and will attach to such people to get that physical sensation of the drug or alcohol. Same happens with sexual addiction or abuse.

hugs
Geoff
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Geoff,

Despite my best attemtps to help support the health food stores, :oops:
I've observed that people generally have similar lifespans and health
... regardless of diet and supplements. :o

This hints of the adaptability of the human body as well as
lifespan-controlling mechanisms and other variables ...
so I'm less focused on the Fountain of Youth now
and more on thinning hair up above. :roll:

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Amigoo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 am Geoff,

Despite my best attemtps to help support the health food stores, :oops:
I've observed that people generally have similar lifespans and health
... regardless of diet and supplements. :o

Dear Rod,

Well I have a family member - my son - who cannot live on anything he can get in any restaurant, or even my home. He would be unable to function after just one meal I made for him, despite my believing I eat healthy. He was in a dreadful situation for over eight years till we found out that he could re-establish his gut system via fecal implants. At great cost - $10,000 - that worked, but he still cannot eat anything he buys - anything at all - in a supermarket. On rare occasions he will eat in a 3 hatted restaurant where he can be certain if he asks for organic vegan, that is what he will get. At $200 a plate!

He eats vegan and organic. He buys directly from organic farmers. He is very healthy as long as he sticks to that. So I cannot accept any bald statements that it makes no difference to people. There are currently a large number of people with severely damaged gut systems, and a lot of these have no idea the problem lies in that area. Nor do many doctors have any idea. Recent Australian researchers looked at the gut systems of the Kalahari bushmen, (The San Bushmen still living a nomadic life) and found their guts are totally different to ours. Theirs are very healthy, despite their "hygiene" being non existent.

But we were talking about impacts on spiritual growth, not the damage that GMO, and things like Round-up are having on our systems. Just yesterday I see every single Californian wine that was tested, has round-up to some percentage in it!!!! I myself have some problem with beer, bread and pastry. Its not present at all in Europe, but its a problem for me in Canada, US, Australia and England. I am experimenting with some unique breads from artisan bakers, and I seem to tolerate those ok, where they have special yeasts and organic grains. But I remain uncertain what is the issue for me. Its certainly not a gluten thing.

hugs
Geoff
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Thanks for the enlightenment about personal experience, Geoff.

My bald statement was reference to the great majority of people living on the planet who seem to live similar lifespans (relative to their area, unique diets, activity, ethnicity, etc.). Yes, there are many thousands of unique cases that appear outside the bell curve of "great majority".

The average maximum lifespan is about 80 - few people on the planet live much longer and very few past 100. While lifespans are increasing, few people have been able to live MUCH LONGER lives than their regional peers ... with MUCH LONGER referring to decades not years.

And supporting my bald statement is local experience for 50 years, observing friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors who, in their own unique ways, participate in all the health foods, diets, exercise, etc., that a major metropolitan area can offer. And stil, their lifespans remain close to that of the "great majority".

... which is not to say that we must be constrained by trends - our mandate is to do whatever possible to push the limits suggested by the trends as well as conquer our own personal challenges.

Best wishes to you and yours in these earthly struggles for better health ... and longevity :!:

:study: Re: https://www.disabled-world.com/calculat ... istics.php

I see that my perspective is from modern city living (80 is far above average in many areas of the world)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Incidentally, I've been paying more attention to high blood sugar triggers (I'm retirement age Type II after a decade of pre-diabetes). After a year of food experimentation (and using a glucometer), I discovered that elimination of grains (especially flour made from grains) gave me much easier blood sugar control ... but still requiring good daily carbohydrate management.

Interestingly, the problem grains seem to be a category: wheat, barley, oats, rye. I try to maintain a good gut biome (e.g., lotsa pro-biotics when on lotsa anti-biotics this past year for a hernia mesh infection*) and believe that gluten is not a problem. I can almost believe that the DNA of these grains (re: proteins) is directly related to Type II (for me). Also, my diet was largely grain-based (these grains!) for most of my life.

* My immune system and anti-biotics finally stopped the increasing infection (progessing to systemic for a week), but the mesh once infected had to be replaced (day surgery in October) because bacteria can establish a protective environment within the mesh. Surgery was successful! - "You dodged a bullet!" said the surgeon at my final evaluation this month.

Bottom line: I'm a believer that a good gut biome is mandatory for good health - not the only variable but an important one. Fortunately, research is continuing, such as this: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321821.php

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

More about Bacteriotherapy ...

Re: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3365524/

"The first fecal transplantation in humans was performed in 1958,
and it has been performed in animals for more than 100 years."

"studies are needed to more precisely determine why fecal transplantation is an effective therapy for C. difficile infection. Stool is a very complicated product that is composed of millions of living organisms and their metabolic products, and probably only a few of these components are needed to treat C. difficile infection." :roll:

... which may be why pro-biotics are chosen before transplantation.
... naturally, suffering patients will favor anything that works!
... the prepared liquid soon exits (with unneeded organisms).

:idea: Best guess: The science of pre- and pro-biotics is making good progress and may minimize the need for risky/expensive fecal transplantation. After all, stool is but human waste - not lab-developed, then government approved, medicine.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

My son's experience of pro-biotics is that they offer temporary relief but are not a permanent solution - you have to keep on taking them every day.

Fecal transplants are risky in as much as you are taking on another person's bugs. But when yours are totally stuffed, believe me, thats no issue at all. The process is so simple people have done it themselves. I dont know where the $10k went in our treatment but at that time only two places in the world were doing it, and one was in Sydney, and thats what they charged. Initially Andrew found a sudden desire for beer, and he just went along for the ride. We guess the donor was a big beer drinker. That phase has largely passed.

hugs
Geoff
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Intriguing health journey, Geoff!

I've been reading that fecal transplant - even home procedure - is becoming popular;
apparently, a form of "colonic irrigation". Qualifyng donors seems complicated. :?

Some health food store experts maintain that pro-biotics (despite "take often" advertising),
should be sufficient to restart the body's own propagation of the beneficial bacteria ...
assuming that other health conditions are not interferring. :finger:

RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Kim.

Maybe this will explain?: I've found that certain foods and drinks can apply an evil gravity to my mind and body, particularly if done in more extreme indulgence, meaning I am more likely to have a negative or dark thought. If nothing else, a toxic diet, means, I have less clarity of thought, and therefore I am less able to perform well at work, in roles of responsiblity, and less able to be receptive to my general spiritual purpose, and God's leadings, and therefore less able to help others. If nothing else, a toxic diet, means I am less vibrant in my physical and mental energy.

What I have found is that alcohol and coffee, throw a chaos element into the equation of consciousness, like rolling the dice. This makes it harder for our Adjuster's to adjust our thoughts. For someone recovering from a psychological problem, there could be severe consequences for this. For someone further down the path, it may have a much smaller (or negligible) impact. Whatever the case, if the person insists on the toxic, unhealthy path, then sooner or later it will have a spiritual impact, just a matter of time. I guess the key question to be asked is: is the impact negligible or not.

Hope this is clearer,
Dylan
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Geoff

Thanks for your anecdote about your son. This matches up with Professor Keith Scott-Mumby's work. He has a book called Diet Wise, which is a protocol for discovering what your body can handle, and what it cannot. His many years of experience treating allergies, led him to the thesis that because we all have a unique genetic code, and therefore biochemistry, as well as environmental factors, we can be intolerant to just about anything, and these intolerances can manifest in just about any way, including major psychological effects. I asked him myself, do immuno-complexes (immune reactive molecules) pass the blood-brain barrier? They do!

Mumby had a patient who would go psychotic for several days, after eating cheese, and then return to normal after it was out of his system. This is a bit of a different approach. We're all different, there is no panacea, you need to figure out what works for you.

Take care,
Dylan
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

... which reminds me ...

:idea: Four decades ago I was precribed medication that seemed to cause kidney pain.
I phoned my doctor who advised (via his nurse): "If it hurts - don't take them :!:
... and make an appointment to see me." :roll:

When it stopped hurting, I didn't need to see him ...
since the medical condition had resolved. ;)

:!: About cheese: https://kellybroganmd.com/two-foods-may-sabotage-brain/

"It turns out that diet can be a major determinant of what bugs are most active in our guts,
and that the bacteria in our guts may also determine the degree to which we are sensitive
to local inflammatory effects of gluten." :o

:idea: More research suggesting that health problems can be caused
by flora imbalance/dysfunction in the gut.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Amigoo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:06 pm
:idea: More research suggesting that health problems can be caused
by flora imbalance/dysfunction in the gut.

Hmm, you just got to this point? Its probably 90% of the issues we face. There is a video of the San Bushmen and their guts, and what happened to an Aussie eating their food and living in the bush with literally no clean water for I think it was a week, maybe two. He took poo samples from them, so they know whats in their guts.

Geoff