An Invitation

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

An Invitation

Post by Seeker13 »

Good evening!
Am I the only one who always checks to see how many people are perusing the boards the same time I am? I always do! Very late, the other night the number I think was 35! I was surprised and delighted! Tonight it was 27! Immediately I wonder why here, why now? If everyone is finding what they are looking for? If they, like me so many years ago is intrigued to the point the hairs stand up on the back of your neck! To finally find a site like this that,...… I was elated and it scared me half to death. Or like me, taking practically two years to become a member, because I had to be sure this was a safe place.

I've always believed this site was more welcoming than any other, but I(as one of the stumblers), wanted to reissue the invitation. "When you're ready, please know it's alright to ask the burning questions. There are a few here who really know the true meaning and direction of following a spiritual path. The rest of us are stumbling about, doing the best we can, trying to find our own truth... And, welcome to the boards!"

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Seeker13
Family

Re: An Invitation

Post by Seeker13 »

This morning it was 45!
I'll not continue relaying the count, it just feels so uplifting!

Hope everyone is feeling loved and cherished in this day.

Love,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Yeah!!!! Thanks Kim, that made my day. :bana: It is 4 people as I type and that's okay too. :cheers:

Needless to say, years ago this place changed my life in the reading about Midwayers and getting to know a few of them, finding inspiration to meditate everyday, learning that I can help heal others and lighten the world even if it is a mere smidgen...all of thee above and then some. I don't know.... I feel like the universe expanded for me...at least what I expected to exist within it
If I could do one thing, I would love for everyone to know that they are special...just as special as anybody else and loved every bit s much by the celestial s that nurture us knowingly or unknowingly. We are all capable of amazing and wonderful things.
Hope everyone is feeling loved and cherished in this day.
You betcha! :happy I always feel this way after reading one of your posts...

Have a awesome day!
:sunny:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Ha! It was 4 for me too! And that is alright! When ever two or more of you are gathered ..., right?
Sandy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 amNeedless to say, years ago this place changed my life
Most definitely you and I are spirit sisters. :kiss: I can't tell you how many times your post reflect my same sentiments! This is absolutely the truth for me also. And considering the ripple effect, by changing me, it has positively affected many of those around me. It is from so much that I've learned here, I've been able to let go of fear, embrace forgiveness and change, allowing an abundance of love to come into my life.
Sandy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 am If I could do one thing, I would love for everyone to know that they are special...just as special as anybody else and loved every bit s much by the celestial s that nurture us knowingly or unknowingly. We are all capable of amazing and wonderful things.
:bana: :bana: :bana: :sunflower: :bana: :bana: :bana: :sunflower: :bana: :bana: :bana: :sunflower:

I think the dancing banana man emoji was created especially for this post! :bana:

Love to all,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

:lol:

Hey Soul sister.... Hope you have the most amazing Friday!

"Love, Love, Love,"
Sandy

Now I am thinking of Sammy. That's the way she always signed off on a post. :sunflower:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
After today's celestial message I'm going to concentrate on love and light. Directing Love and light your way! And of course singing Soul Sister all night! Not a bad way to spend my evening.

My Friday was good! Hope yours was as well! Thursday afternoon was exceptional as Tiny, Dave, Dan and I went to the Christmas tree farm to cut our tree. After finishing Braiding Sweetgrass, I asked permission from each tree we considered and waited until it felt as if it was granted. We walked around for an hour and a half in a snowstorm(having the time of our lives!), finally settled on the one right next to where we parked the truck. Not only did we get a Charlie Brown tree for Aleah, a Charlie Brown tree for the motel, and a nice one for us, we picked some milkweed pods for crafts, and wheat to make bread(Tiny's idea)! There was also an inviting creek to investigate.

Saturday Tiny came over to help me put out Christmas decorations. Much more toned down than last year. I don't know where she found it, but last year she found miles and miles of gold garland. "I! Yi! Yi!" Of course it stayed up all season. It was donated to the Center. Believe it or not last spring she found it in the art closet. The playground was strung with gold garland... for months.

We usually make crafts when she visits. She brought some pine boughs and sprig of sumac berries. We decorated a swag for their door and she made a silk flower poinsettia bouquet for her mom to put on the kitchen table. All the way taking her home we looked for Christmas tree lights shining in the night. My heart can't help but be bursting with holiday sprit! Talk about love and light!

Today she asked if we could wait until she comes over again to decorate the tree... "Of course!"

Here's me sending love and light to all corners of the globe. I'm extremely grateful to the celestials and my granddaughter for helping me to feel this way.

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Kim,
This is for you... And now it is in my head too... LoL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3eEn8t4pJ4

I got a little side tracked as with the movie release of Bohemian Rhapsody, Freddie Mercury and Queen songs have been settling in my head. I had forgotten just how awesome was his voice. So, of course, when my mind reading computer, noticed me looking for soul sister it also provided what was the beginning of over an hour of Freddie and Queen.

Loved this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRpGcXSgvc

Anyway, Your post had me ready to create a little Christmas magic of my own. There's nothing like sharing a child's joy of the holiday season, eh?. I suppose it is time to put away the Autumn decorations (we just finished the Spring season here. :roll: ) But I love Fall so much I celebrate it twice...one for each hemisphere. :roll: I could actually do it with Christmas too as Christmas in July is popular too. But one holiday at a time is plenty. I remember going Christmas tree hunting with the boys many years ago. Their dad was working so the three of us, with bow saw in hand, went to a farm that was, thankfully, just a few miles from the house. Like your tale, there was some snow on the ground but it was wet and sloppy and before long we were covered in splattered mud. Didn't dampen our joy and spirit though. We finally selected one that was as far away from the car as was humanly possible and then had the daunting task of dragging it back. (Now one side of the tree was a bit on the dirty side too. LOL ) We manged to get it to the top of the car and roped it down securely (or so we thought.) By the time we got home it was barely hanging on and I'm thinking that this strapping to the car thing is a job better left to a professional. :oops: But we made it and after the mud dried and brushed off it made a splendid Christmas tree. These days G and I have a little artificial one that I decorate with everything I've got. LOL Tiny and I would get along well. Can I borrow her gold garland? :lol:

This has been a happy week for us as we got to see Geoff and meet two of his longtime friends on Monday. It has been awhile since we have had the pleasure of his company so it set the week off to a good start. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at a Thai restaurant, had a short stop at one of the local beaches arrived home in time for a healing and prayer session. So all in all I am still riding high. (G and I rarely get visitors so it is a real treat when we do.) :bana: :bana: :bana:

I enjoy your loving light and send add to it a little of my own in love and gratitude to friendship and holiday glow!
:loves
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
Where is a tree strapping professional when you need them?!! Did you make mud angels? Your tree adventure is surely one to remember! :lol: :o :shock: :D Bungi cords could work too. When my nephew was little and living with us, he asked for a hundred bungi cords for Christmas. :lol: He was six and I'm his aunt! Fortunately they came 12 to a bag at the Dollar Store. Boy! Did I get some looks at the checkout. Hmmm, wonder what he wants this year?

It would take a lot for me to adapt to a green Christmas, and especially so, if I could go to the beach later! But, the weather doesn't really matter does it, it's the friends and family that makes the time special, right?

You can celebrate what ever you want, whenever you want! :bana: :sunflower: :bana: Hey, just had an idea. Instead of the gold tinsel, you could string together.... A THOUSAND DANCING BANANAS!!! :bana: :bana: :bana: … I think it would be perfect,... George would probably looooove it! I really should write a book... I have a million great ideas!

Your visit with Geoff sounds wonderful! Really wonderful! So happy you guys could relax and enjoy yourselves. That in itself had to add to your holiday glow. Hope the feeling lasts right on through Christmas and into the new year!

Love to you both,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Kim wrote:
It would take a lot for me to adapt to a green Christmas, and especially so, if I could go to the beach later! But, the weather doesn't really matter does it, it's the friends and family that makes the time special, right?
Yep...you're right....It's just George and I down here but we make the most of our togetherness. And thanks to Skype we can connect with family via the internet. :bana: .... counting my blessings tonight before bedtime.

"A thousand dancing bananas" :lol: Love it! And that, dear Kim, is why you are so good at your job...well...one of the many reasons. :) You are so creative!

Well, we finally have our little tree up and running and the living room looks festive. It's a smallish tree so every square inch is covered in ornaments. ..and I still want more! :shock: George is very appreciative of my efforts. Seeing him smile is worth the "Christmas light Wrangling". :roll: I thought for a minute there the lights were going to win, but I prevailed! :roll :mrgreen: ;)

Enjoy your Sunday! :sunny:
love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
We might end up with a green Christmas yet! As per usual this year, we've been experiencing erratic weather moving into winter.

Speaking of my job, there has been lots of illness and kids are always a little tricky around the holidays, tensions run high. Today we had a room full of crying toddlers at rest time. On these kinds of days I work really hard at maintaining a calm balance by breathing and sending loving light and comforting thoughts to the kids. Today it was in the form of a low rolling fog, then I eased my mind into coming up with a new story!

Love the abundance of ornaments on your tree! You know, ornaments don't have to be only on trees! I kind of have a thing about using lots of lights too... If you squint your eyes just right while looking at them, it's like little star bursts lighting up the room! What kind of tree is traditional down there, or are Christmas trees traditional in Australia? Would love to hear how the holidays are celebrated.

So glad the lights didn't get the best of you, victorious once again! Had a time wrestling with our lights also! Only had two strands that weren't burnt out! Went to take Tiny home after the fiasco at our house and the same thing happened at my son's house! Kind of strange!

Well, here's to the warm glow of love and friendship surrounding us all during this holiday season. :loves

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,

You asked about Christmas traditions here in Australia. Well, I am not the best one to answer that despite being here nearly 13 years now ( I think???) I tend to do Christmas in the manner I was taught rom childhood. LOL But because we are in summer at Christmas there are lots of BBQ's at Christmas and they enjoy something called a Christmas cracker afterwards while still seated at the table... Tt looks like a little tubular present with ribbons on each end. When pulled they make a noise and inside can be small toys, jokes , candy and a paper crown which you generally wear for a little bit.
https://www.google.com/search?q=images+ ... 00&bih=762

Presents are often opened on Boxing Day, the day after Christmas. That is also a day of really good sales.

I love this song that is sung about Santa and his ride through Australia... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98fMRw1LuiU

(I'm gonna have that song in my head for awhile. :lol: )

(((((HUGS))))
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I've seen the Christmas cracker before in British movies. Kind of sounds like Christmas and New Years all rolled into one! Wow, my family would have a hay day with that one! I'd be scraping stuff off the ceiling, windows and walls for weeks... Dave would probably have to wear his paper crown... every night. Hmm, BBQ doesn't sound too bad! Think we're definitely in for a green Christmas. Have officially put the sleds away at work. and brought out the bikes. Still only 38 degrees, but no snow.

As far as the video goes, "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....LOL!" :roll :lol: :rabbit: Yes, I was laughing out loud! I had no idea that's how it's done in Australia!... Is that a classic tale?

Still singing the song? Gees, Rudolf seems so tame in comparison!

Thanks for the information. How ever it is celebrated around the world, I hope it's with love and peace. :loves

:kiss:
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Kim,
The first time I heard the song "Six White Boomers" was at the local Carols by Candlelight. Carols are a tradition here and many local communities have a carols where the community is invited. Candles are passed out or sold for a small profit going to a local charity and then the fun begins. There is a show with singers leading the large group in song and as the night progresses it becomes beautiful with the candle light. The larger communities and councils often provide a fireworks show afterwards.

Anyway back to "the boomers" The song began with gusto and then to my surprise all the children all throughout the large seated crowd stood up and jumped up and down for the chorus. It was so much fun! :lol:

I am thinking next year if you guys at your preschool do a Christmas around the world kind of theme and would like to add something about Australia...I'll see if I can dig up some "crackers for you.etc... LOL The kids would love it.

Here's another URL with additional Urls for Australia traditional poems and carols etc...
https://tww.id.au/christmas/sixwhite.html

Love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
That sounds like a great idea to explore the holidays around the world! The crackers would be an instant hit! I was reading a book about that the other day to Tiny. Important for kids to know we are all alike, but different. For political correctness we don't focus on the birth of Jesus, but it's fun to learn songs and make gifts for families. There is always a lot of tension leading up to the holidays, that trickles down to the children. I think jumping around like Santa's white boomers would be eagerly welcomed! I'm pretty sure we'd need a translator to understand many of the words to Australian songs. Pretty sure anything about Woolylbutt would turn into a classic! We'd have to talk about it EVERYDAY... all year long. Tiny already calls Dave, "Grampybutt," Of course that always starts a tickle fight.

Thinking about the carolers fills me with nostalgia remembering Aleah's early choir days. They performed in a theatre, but the lights would dim while the kids lined the isles with lit candles. Their director performed miracles with those kids! You would not believe how beautiful and moving it was. People just don't get out and carol anymore around here, "Hhhh,' makes me a little sad. The fireworks sound really exciting! Thanks for the ideas!

We may have a white Christmas yet, snowed a tiny little bit yesterday, only about 2 inches. Just wait until March, I'll probably not be so eager to see the fluffy white stuff!

Yesterday we had an early Christmas celebration, because Aleah and Jorge will be in Chicago. I love our family gatherings :loves :roll :bana:. Good company, family love, good food. Ended with a couple of games of pool and several rousing hours of ping pong. Lol! that's our own particular tradition! We'll get together again on Christmas Eve, to keep that tradition alive for the girls and probably do the same thing all over again! Then Tiny's birthday on the 30th, and of course New Year's Eve!... I'm tired already!

Guess I'd better close, Dave is waiting to show me something. Enjoy your Australian holiday!

:kiss:
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

heh heh George is waiting for his breakfast... I suppose I shouldn't keep him waiting but as it is Christmas eve and all I think he will give me some lea way as I smile and type... "woolybutt" My grandson would love that one and yes...he would be using it all year long regardless of his Mom's approval. (Nana would be at the bottom of her daughter-in-law's "list" I suspect) LOL

I always loved a good carolling (even a bad one too) There is just something about people of all ages taking the time to share their voices in song. Yet as you say it seems to be fading out of the holiday traditions. I do like your ping pong an pool tradition. Any exercise to combat the holiday sweets and eggnog. Speaking of which, I made my first eggnog this week. It wasn't hard but drilled into my head what is actually in the carton of bought stuff. :shock: Sugar cream eggs and in great supply! :shock: :shock: :shock: ...a heart attack just waiting to happen... no cancel that... taken is small quantities YUM!!!!!

so yes, let me know late summer or fall if you need anything from me about Aussie Christmas and I'll get on to digging it up. You reminded me about a long ago Christmas with the kids at our preschool. I was the "artsy" one of the teachers so it fell to me to make banners and all the props for our Christmas show/program. The year we did the Christmas around the world theme...I made a huge Christmas around the world backdrop with the Earth sitting in a black universe with stars and all... across the top in red cut-out letters was "Christmas Around the World"
So we set up the chairs and decorations in the hall...hang the back drop and enjoy the festivities of the first groups program.. Afterwards one of the grandparents who also happened to be one of the preschool's board members comes up to me and says, "Sandy, did you realise that you misspelled the word "world " on your back drop?" :shock: :shock: :shock: and to my horror ... there bold as life for all to see was "wold" I can't believe none of the other teachers caught it... and not one of the parents said a word but they must have wondered about the wisdom of sending their children to a school where the Teachers couldn't spell. :lol: So I carefully scraped off several letters in the ill-fated word... painted and cut new letters and re pasted them on the backdrop in the hour between programs. :roll: :) All was well with only my reputation tarnished. I chalk it up to the craziness of that time of year especially for preschool teachers, as I really can spell five letter words. (I wouldn't have traded it for anything, though. :sunflower: )

So have your self a merry little Christmas guys! :santa:
I'm off to make G's breakfast!
Love you all, :love
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

:lol: Sandy,
What many people don't realize is, kids experimenting with body parts and functions is all a part of their development. And making something taboo is an open invitation to use the word,... or phrase,... or sound,... or gesture. But! If looked at differently, it could be a teachable moment! Leading to who knows what? A life of science! Or becoming a physician,... or comedian! We have a lot of the latter in our family. Well, at least THEY think they're funny. :lol: I digress. :roll

You and I would have made an awesome teaching team! :bana: :lol: :sunflower: And I can relate to your spelling error. After spending hours on making something spectacular for others, our bubble of bliss can quickly be reduced to a disappointing fizzle. Only able to focus on a mistake. Well, it happens, "Oh,... wollybutt!" I believe most others can relate and understand, not immediately conclude we're unfit to teach their children. As with most instances like that, we are our own worst critic and have to be the ones working on letting it go, not kicking ourselves for years afterward, berating ourselves for not being perfect. Yet again! Another opportunity for a teachable moment!

I almost attempted making eggnog myself this week, but simply ran out of time. Dave bought a tiny container, that sits unopened in the frig... I LOVE eggnog, but am well aware it, " Is a heart attack just waiting to happen." How was it? What is your recipe?

Taking the time to read the list of ingredients is a sobering experience. We would all consume healthier products if that was a prerequisite before purchasing and consumption. What else really helps in making healthier food choices over the holidays, is making a giant Christmas tree sugar cookie from scratch with no frosting, no gluten, and half the sweetener substituted with stevia! It's a healthier choice because it tastes so awful! After the first bite you throw it in the compost and don't eat any cookie at all!!!

Spent Christmas Eve with the family. Did you know I adore my granddaughters? Spent time exploring each gift for an hour or so, before opening another. Nova wore the sweet 'Baby's First Christmas' outfit and headband I got her, and of course eating tags and wrapping paper her favorite part of presents! First thing Tiny does is change into the fairy dress-up clothes in the toy room. So, it doesn't really matter what she wears to our house. She asked Santa for several of those lighted, blow up lawn ornaments. He's pretty busy this time of year so gave me a heads up. It was also helpful we gave her a new snowmobile suit, so she and her dad had a panda bear waving at them as they slid down the driveway. We snuggled in a chair by the tree reading funny Christmas books, and she took her parents downstairs to tell them the story of our family in the Christmas Village and who our characters were. We all have our own houses and jobs in the town. This morning while talking to by brother I finally told him his part in the story(he's a little whacky, so not assigned a conventional roll). "He's was a sailor that visited all over the world. When retired, he came back home to Chesterton, but the village is no where near the ocean. He missed sea life, so built himself a lighthouse. He was not really a sociable person, so it made sense his lighthouse was built up in the mountains... miles away from town, or water. At Christmas time he goes out, sits in his rowboat(no where near water) singing carols at the top of his lungs! His music wafts down the mountainside, lulling all the wild beasts going about their winter business." After I finished his part in the story he laughed saying, "Yeah, that sounds like me!"

Rachel sent a dozen pictures of the girls waking up on Christmas morning. In my opinion, they're the most adorable children...ever!

On that note, I really need to get something done! Hope you and George are enjoying a beautiful day. We did get about five inches of snow! So, no green Christmas for us.

Love to you both, :loves
Kim