SOK #2: You Are What You See — by David Fryburg

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

SOK = Science of Kindness
As a doctor who specializes in diseases like diabetes, I know a bit about nutrition and metabolism. I really believe in the old saw or saying “You are what you eat.” That is, the amount and types of different foods really affects not only our weight, but our general health. Food is a complicated mixture of energy sources (calories), protein (to make new tissues like muscle and skin and heal wounds), and micronutrients like vitamins to support a wide range of biochemical processes.

It is pretty well understood that when our diets are imbalanced, different functions in our bodies may suffer. Taking in too little or too much of something can cause diseases; there are lots of examples that have filled textbooks. People who are deficient in vitamin D, for example, suffer from bone problems and weakness; too much vitamin D may have high calcium in their blood, kidney stones, and possibly liver problems. The key to a successful diet (and nutritional health) is balance and moderation of good quality food.

Years ago when I realized that I was “ingesting” way too much negative news, I began to think about my “visual diet” and wondered what the research literature had to say about it. The analytic side of my brain was fascinated to find out that a few short minutes of exposure to negative news can induce anxiety, stress, and symptoms of depression.

http://www.envisionkindness.org/you-are-what-you-see/

:roll:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: SOK #2: You Are What You See — by David Fryburg

Post by Sandy »

Whoa....nice one, Welles. Thank you.... time for me to switch off the news for awhile.... :sunflower:
:hithere
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.