Giving Thanks for All the Little (and Big) Things in Life — by Br. David Steindl-Rast

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Giving Thanks for All the Little (and Big) Things in Life — by Br. David Steindl-Rast

Post by Welles »

I will always read the words of Br. David!
Have you ever noticed how your eyes open a bit wider when you are surprised? It is as if you had been asleep, merely day-dreaming or sleepwalking through some routine activity, and you hear your favorite tune on the radio, or look up from the puddles on the parking lot and see a rainbow, or the telephone rings and it’s the voice of an old friend, and all of a sudden you’re awake. Even an unwelcome surprise shakes us out of complacency and makes us come alive. We may not like it at first, but looking back, we can always recognize it as a gift. Humdrum equals deadness; surprise equals life. In fact, my favorite name for the One I worship in wonder – the only name that does not limit God – is Surprise.

Surprise is a seed. Gratefulness sprouts when we rise to the challenge of surprise.

https://gratefulness.org/resource/givin ... ig-little/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Giving Thanks for All the Little (and Big) Things in Life — by Br. David Steindl-Rast

Post by Sandy »

That one moved me, Welles...Wow... it is "inspiringly" brilliant in its' simplicity. Thank you...I'm on the look out for those little surprises now... :D
and I am so grateful for your presence on the board and in our lives. :sunflower:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.