Question re; inbox.

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Mamo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Question re; inbox.

Post by Mamo »

Not sure who is responsiple or managing our membership account on this board. Can you Please explain Why my messages keep getting removed. :bike: /Mahsa :loves
~ One for All and All for Love ~
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Question re; inbox.

Post by Sandy »

Hi Mahsa,

Well it would be a group effort between George, Geoff and I. But I can't imagine any of us interefering with your mail. Geoff might be able to figure out what is going on... Are messages disappearing from your inbox... like older messages that you have read? I believe the system only allows 100 emails to be stored in the inbox and after that automatically deletes the oldest ones. Messages you write to someone else remain in the outbox until the person you send them to opend them and then they appear in your sent box.
I'll ask Geoff to take a look and see if there is a glitch going on with your account.

Please know we never interfere with private messages or accounts. I don't think it is possible.

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Mamo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm Not sure who is responsiple or managing our membership account on this board. Can you Please explain Why my messages keep getting removed. :bike: /Mahsa :loves
Hi Mahsa,

Are you talking about Private Messages, or forum posts? There is a big difference.

No one here has access to Private Messages. If you think they are "disappearing" there is a physical limit of 50. At that time you don't see and new ones, until YOU delete some old ones. You get a message telling you that is the case.

Regarding forum posts, some forums have automatic pruning. If a post has not been updated or otherwise had new content for a specified number of days, and in one forum I just checked that is 30 days, it gets deleted. Probably with the message board being a lot slower than it was several years ago, that could be relaxed. But that is what happens. Some forums are set to no-auto prune. If you tell us which forum, or forums we can look and see what the setting is, and maybe change it.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Mamo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Mamo »

Dear Geoff,

I have never had more than just a few private messages, the ones that I had saved was one from Sandy with the link to the contribution site and one old one from Kim and a few more. They are all gone. I now understand how it works with the forums. Thank you.

:loves
Mahsa
~ One for All and All for Love ~