On Truth

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

On Truth

Post by RunningScroll »

Dear Ones

I posted this to my friend, and realised it represents my life work, in understanding truth, more the truth predicament, humans find themselves in, and a bit on the stagnation of organised religion, maybe even of some in the Urantia Movement. I hope that it is enlightening for you. God bless and may truth bless you in all its forms!

your bro Dylan

indeed

there is a big difference between experiencing an aspect of the truth and experiencing the whole truth and nothing but the truth

as far as i know none achieved this, maybe not even Christ, except when he spoke from his much expanded cosmic nature

it is not possible to pack in all of the truth in a human body/mind or even soul

what even enlightened teachers aimed for, was not knowing all of the truth, but living authentically in the flow of truth, and this is a process that is ever growing, and starts even for the smallest and sincere child

i was going to say earlier, that the problem with religionists ([organized religionists that is]) is that they think that through their belief system they have experienced the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and don't recognise that this is not possible

there is not a saint or sage that any religionist from any religion or cult could not learn from, rather they say, i already have everything i need and ever will need, and this is never true, because even if we had to go off planet to some culture on an unknown world, [or into another dimension entirely], there is an angle and a need that we have not gleaned yet, nor will until such an opportunity arises

god bless, and may truth bless you in all its forms

your bro dylan
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: On Truth

Post by Sandy »

Hello Dylan,
Very beautifully said. Thank you for posting this. Truth is one of the most difficult "things" for many of us to fathom. I will continue to ponder these thoughts as I meditate.
with love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Truth is relative and evolutionary. It progresses from the ground up with via the accumulation of experience given meaning by the spritual integration factor of realization. It progresses from the divine down via revelation. The greater relative divinity of any personality (the closer to God) is the benchmark of their relative capacity for truth. There! That's the truth!

RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by RunningScroll »

Thanks Welles! You said it more simply than me. I love the 'spiritual integration factor' idea. It's a bit hard to explain that one to the atheist, but I guess they should be able to see it at work in the fragrant individual. I think the 'spiritual integration factor' gives us the cosmic assurance of progressive sonship with God.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

RunningScroll wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 am I think the 'spiritual integration factor' gives us the cosmic assurance of progressive sonship with God.

Me too, Dylan. I've tried to suggest to people that the light bulb going off in their heads is a spiritual experience. It isn't mystical at all. In a recent essay I phrased it like this.

"The keys to using the super-conscious, receiving Divine directions, are a quiet mind and an open Heart. In that stillness we learn to listen. Our minds become receivers of inspirations, illuminations and realizations. Inspirations tend to be specific and suggest actions to be taken. Illuminations clarify new realities and expand our horizons. Realizations seem to be integrations of accumulated knowledge into new and enlightened understanding. All of these are spiritual gifts. They are given to us because of our willingness to receive guidance."

That is an excerpt from an essay you might find interesting. I posted here...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=27267

Image Welles