Winter Garden — by Alanda Greene

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Alanda's back with another one of her "Lessons From The Garden" series of essays. In each she ponders the wonder and work of her garden in relation to the flourishing of her inner being. I love her writing. Here's a snippet of this one...

"There’s an outer cycle to seasons and there’s an inner cycle also. They tend to mirror each other, but I often don’t acknowledge that my own energy and creativity has seasonal fluctuations. Instead, I berate myself for not being more purposeful now that I have the time, not applying myself with more focus and diligence. I recognize self-accusations, such as “undisciplined, lacking focus, lazy, scattered.”

These accusations often function just under the surface, like all the things currently hidden by snow, so it requires listening and reflecting to catch the words that go with the feeling. They are old concepts, cultural and familial ideas that are as outworn as my old garden clogs. Unlike my clogs, they never did serve a useful purpose, but there’s a lingering suspicion that without the whip of these criticisms I would not get anything done; nothing would be accomplished or completed."

http://www.dailygood.org/story/1772/les ... da-greene/

:sunflower:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Winter Garden — by Alanda Greene

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles. I am learning to flow with the natatural rythmns of the earth around me and I do believe it helps. I enjoyed this article very much and hope to read more from Alanda Greene.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.