Lessons from the Garden: Snakes and Strawberries — by Alanda Greene

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

"Creatures had been eating the strawberries. Not only nibbling the bright red juicy fruit but also chewing at the roots, causing stress to the plant, killing several of them. Root-chewed plants were scattered through the bed.

I suspected voles since, when I lifted the straw mulch around the bed, I saw telltale holes dug into the soft black earth. Chipmunks were the next suspects, with several regularly bounding between the beds as they nibbled beans, raspberries and young cauliflower. They get away with a lot by being so cute; cuteness might be an evolutionary advantage.

Something had disrupted the balance and my hunch was that the garden snakes had been disturbed. I cringed with the realization that the something might be me."

Please read on for some profound realizations rooted in Alanda's unwitting changes based on too shallow an understanding of her role it the ecology of the garden. It is a knowledge that can only be learned when the point of view is the heart.

http://www.heartfulnessmagazine.com/sna ... awberries/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Lessons from the Garden: Snakes and Strawberries — by Alanda Greene

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles!
Loved this article that says so much.
I will be sharing it with others. For all those who would like to read the whole article without subscribing... it can also be found here. http://www.dailygood.org/story/1771/les ... da-greene/
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.