Garden Gloves — by Alanda Greene

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Alanda Greene explores the idea of openness and protectiveness against stimuli by a comparison with wearing garden gloves while working in her beloved garden in British Columbia.

“My relationship with garden gloves continues to consist of two opposing drives – the need to wear them to protect my hands, and the need for my skin to feel the plants without a barrier as I engage in garden tasks.

Each drive excludes something. In one case, the sensitivity of touch is dulled. In the other, protection of my hands from abrasion, cuts, punctures, dirt and stains is given up.

I see a similar paradox between openness and protectiveness in the experiences of daily living.“

http://www.heartfulnessmagazine.com/garden-gloves/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Garden Gloves — by Alanda Greene

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Welles!

I love how this section of the longer article concluded...

"I feel encouraged with the potential of my life, any life, to evolve beyond what is currently evident, in the same way that these celery beginnings give no hint of how they will stand lush and strong in a couple of months. That will happen, however, if …"

:bana:
...I needed to read that today. :D

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.