A Good Cookie

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

A Good Cookie

Post by happyrain »

What kind of cookie do I want to share with you today? The kind with a little fortune inside! I'm not big on it but every now and then you get that perfect message like the stars have aligned and then, sometimes you get rubbish... Back in high-school they offered cheap quality Chinese food; it was around $5 or so and well, you get what you pay for but every purchase came with a fortune cookie. I remember one time during lunch break I bought that cheap food and had to peel the cookie apart to get to my fortune. That's right, no crisp snaps here just really weird bending of a stale yet somehow still delicious sugary treat(Yup, I ate it). The fortune read, Buy more Coca-Cola. ... :roll: :lol: I kept it in my pocket for the laughs but not much of an inspirational message huh?
Well recently while I was unemployed and feeling a little sick, I ordered some Chinese food to feel better(Love me some egg drop soup)- to my delight I got a message that hit home. It was so spot on that I kept this fortune in my snack drawer. Sometimes I pick it up just to feel inspired again so I thought it was worth sharing this little cookies message with you guys:

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up.

Now that's a good cookie. :bike: :alien: :hithere :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Welles
Family

Re: A Good Cookie

Post by Welles »

That made me grin! :D

Image Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Now cookies!!!!! That's the way to get inspiration! :mrgreen: Wonderful story and the message...I can't tell you how many times in my life I could have used a cookie message like the one you received. (The second one... :) )
Thank you Eric... :sunflower:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
I loved your entire post!
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 am What kind of cookie do I want to share with you today? The kind with a little fortune inside! I'm not big on it but every now and then you get that perfect message like the stars have aligned and then, sometimes you get rubbish... Back in high-school they offered cheap quality Chinese food; it was around $5 or so and well, you get what you pay for but every purchase came with a fortune cookie. I remember one time during lunch break I bought that cheap food and had to peel the cookie apart to get to my fortune. That's right, no crisp snaps here just really weird bending of a stale yet somehow still delicious sugary treat(Yup, I ate it).
Wow! Wish we had Chinese at our school! Ehh, I'm ashamed to say my lunch was usually a little can of heated up lasagna, small bag of chips and a can of Squirt. The alternatives were prepackaged shriveled hot dogs and burgers.... Aaah,, okay letting go of the memory. I too love Chinese food and know all too well the disappointment of the stale, rubbery..., yet satisfying fortune cookie. The best part of getting one of those cookies is the message, but it can't be read until all of the cookie(stale or not) is consumed. Those are the universal rules, right? ...What were we talking about?

But seriously, some of those messages felt as if they were written and magically delivered just for me!
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 am to my delight I got a message that hit home. It was so spot on that I kept this fortune in my snack drawer.
Having a stash of positive affirmations can only be a good thing, right? Fortune Cookies started it, but you never know whether a wrapper, lid, or box will be harboring one of those gems. Dove squares do this and your get chocolate!!!

Of course my favorite part of your post was
happyrain wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 am A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up.
Thank you for sharing it with us. I really is quite perfect. Wonder how many boxes I'd have to buy to find the same one?... Do you think they sell fortune cookies dipped in chocolate?

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.