Computer Glitches

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Computer Glitches

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi All!
Is anyone else experiencing computer glitches while on this site? I usually don't 'log in' unless I have something to write or respond to, because years ago when I asked my guides if this is truly the site I should be visiting and trust the information, upon logging in, all the numbers on the whole board change to the the date and time I first became a member here. At the time Geoff said it might be something that could be fixed, but it happened right when I asked that very specific question, so decided to leave it. I like the reminder, but now all of the sudden Sandy and PP's name show up by the login, logout words. It's only for their names. Is this a new feature on this site? And all of the sudden it slowly scrolls down the page without me engaging it.

Thanks,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Computer Glitches

Post by Welles »

Hi Kim,

I usually just stay logged it although occasionally I have to login again. Sometimes it is because of computer updates on my end sometime it seems to be the server. I'm not seeing any abnormalities in the expected operation of the site. That's on a Mac desktop using Safari as my primary browser.

Welles
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Me again,
Right after posting this topic, I went back to the boards and it wasn't listed anywhere. Thought it was lost until doing a search and found it that way. Is it just me? I do have an electrical problem, but have yet to fry a laptop!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,
I am having issues today as well. I believe Geoff had some yesterday. We'll try and get to the bottom of it. :finger: LOL I say "we" as if I would know what to do... :roll: but I will scrounge up some help from Geoff and the " wise ones" to see what is going on...(Geoff being included in wise by the way. :mrgreen: )
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Yes I am having problems. Not quite sure what is the issue. Sandy sent me a PM, and I got an email reminder of it, with a link. When I take the link, I go directly to the PM's and thats fine. The moment I finish the PMS I am logged out and cannot log back in. So I close Safari, open it again, and then I find I have to log in (although I have the "always logged in" ticked) and I can log in. Then I find the status indicators of posts (new etc) does not change after I have looked at them. Yes the "clear all unread messages" does not work either.

Its looking like the cookies are not being set. The board is quite a lot out of date, and if the server has been upgraded it may no longer support the version of PHP that is in this version.

Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Guys,
We are definitely having some site problems today... Geoff and I both are having issues similar to what you described Kim. I am letting our IT fella know what is happening and hopefully he can fix it. It is getting late ET time though so it may not be today. I'm hanging in there and trying not to panic. :shock:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh dear! Just read Geoff's post. say some prayers....
hugs,
Sandy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh my!!!
Now I just noticed that posts are missing on this thread that were there a half hour ago. I know I answered several times as did Geoff. ay yi yi! :?
xxSandy
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Now their back...sigh :roll:
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yes I am having to log in. But I was logged in, took the "Clear posts" option, saw them get cleared, then tried to make this post, and I had been logged out again.

G
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Got thrown out again, and the posts are flagged again as "unread", even though I have done that twice. I will be thrown out probably after posting this.

Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I would put money on the root of our problems being a software upgrade of the web server on which this site is located. And a version of PHP that is incompatible with this (very old) version of the message board.

Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It is still behaving crazy. For instance, I just read Geoff's last post and when I went to answer it it asked me to log in. Well phooey!.. I was sick of logging in so I backed up via the arrow, hit post reply and this time it allowed me to post my reply. "If at once you don't succeed, try, try again." :roll: ;) :)
I did write our IT fella who is in the US yesterday and I haven't heard a thing..so I wonder if my email made it into his spam filter. I'll try again and this time copy George who can send it from his computer.

Please hang in there everybody. We will get this fixed. :finger:
xxSandy :geek:
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but after replying to a few post, I don't see them on my end unless I take a less direct route to the thread. They don't show on the main page as ever being replied to. :scratch:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It seems to be loosing posts.. but not permanently. For instance I could have sworn I replied below your post E and even saw it there and now it has disappeared. Reminds me of the stairways of Hogwartz. :lol:

I heard from Nelson today and he ran into some problems in trying to update us so we are still on our good ole but way out of date board. He is going to be away but will attempt to update us next week. I will let you know when I hear anything.

xxSandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I can only access this board using Google Chrome. I cant use either Safari or Firefox. If I do I get these errors:
Fatal error: Uncaught Twig_Error_Loader: Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/styles/all/template). in /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:215 Stack trace: #0 /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(139): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(312): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(378): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('index_body.html', NULL) #4 /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(243): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html', NULL) #5 /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(34 in /home4/oneoneq9/public_html/board/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 215
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I see its still not an up to date version of this board.

Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everyone,
You may have noticed we were completely off yesterday while Nelson was working on the update. The new board is just a little different from the last version so that shouldn't be to disconcerting. I do see we still have a few blips that need fixed. But the great news it should work much better now on tablets and smart phones. :bana:
I'll keep you updated with the progress.
Thanks for being patient with us. :love
Hugs,
Sandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yeah this is the latest. However I was unable to resolve some things I wanted changed, and it looks like Nelson came across the same barrier. In older versions there was lots of help altering the "banner" but I could not find anything for this version.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Just repeating what I posted in 11:11

There is still a problem with the configuration. Its a small issue but will confuse people

If you use board.1111angels.com/index.php all is fine, and the "index.php" is new to this version as a start point.

If you use board.1111angels.com it tells you the site is still being upgraded. That's the old site start point. So a lot of people could not know the site is working if they have that as a "favourite".

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I have noticed however that the thread in 11:11 phenomenon that shows as having the latest posting (mine) is not visible in the forum. Thats truly weird?

Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Geoff,
Are you able to get into your inbox? It keeps asking me to login and when I do instead of taking me to my inbox it takes me to the index page where it wants me to log in all over again.
I've still got to check if the messages I posted last week are there I haven't emptied my home delete box so I can probably find all of them but it may not be pretty.
xxSandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yeah I can read my inbox. Maybe you need to clear your cookies?

Yeah I know, you think all cookies are baked?

LOL

G
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I must admit the best cookies are home baked. :mrgreen: .. But I'll give it a try. If I can remember how.
xxSandy