Emotion Controller

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Emotion Controller

Post by RunningScroll »

As we read in the UB, we are all indwelt by a fragment of God or God-fragment, this is also known as a Thought Adjuster, and at some point in our lives this may become a Thought Controller. A thought came to me during my meditation, what about an Emotion Controller or Emotion Adjuster? is that possible? and at that moment my God-fragment began to work some magic on my emotions. It appears he can work in this domain too, it just has a different quality. Maybe the analogy of electric = thought and magnetic = emotion has a place. Regards, Dylan.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Emotion Controller

Post by Welles »

Hi Dylan,

I've had a thought or two on that in the last few days. Not precisely the direction of your experience but somewhat similar.

The great unconscious resides in the attachments and defenses that reside in 'the guts' (solar plexus chakra). They are formed from human history, family history and personal experience, reactions to the hurts and fears we have encountered. When I paid close attention to the running dialog (mental chatter) in my head I found that the emotional pattern is the initiator, the thought is the reaction. However we can take charge of our thoughts and resolve the emotional kinks and twists in our beings. Following your train of thought, the TA would help there for sure.

A couple of days ago there was an 11:11 PGM from Teacher Ophelius (who happens to be one of my favorites) that set me off on a new direction similar to the one you are heading. I found myself internally somewhat resenting a friend's action. It kept me thinking about all the little nitpicking issues blah blah. The realization that I had to get out of that pattern was highlighted by Ophelius's message. But how?

Then I remembered somebody saying you can always use Jesus's mind. Given my understanding of quantum this-es and thats-es, I do know that mind is a field of energy and Jesus's pattern was so pure it still is a benchmark of perfection. So mentally I sought to reach the Jesus mind and sure enough all the internal kvetching went away and in that moment of clarity I was able to recieve a new little bit of enlightenment, reinforcing the strategy. Yay.

Image Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks you two for broaching this subject. It is something I am dealing with at this time and I find your posts very, very helpful. :sunflower:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Thanks Welles, glad it was valuable Sandy. I think emotional mastery produces the greatest amount of joy. In the Four Austerities article I posted, Sri Aurobindi and The Mother suggest that the emotional realm is the most difficult to master, it would therefore be one of the most intelligent to practice. Regards, Dylan.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Hello All!
RunningScroll wrote:As we read in the UB, we are all indwelt by a fragment of God or God-fragment, this is also known as a Thought Adjuster, and at some point in our lives this may become a Thought Controller. A thought came to me during my meditation, what about an Emotion Controller or Emotion Adjuster? is that possible? and at that moment my God-fragment began to work some magic on my emotions. It appears he can work in this domain too, it just has a different quality. Maybe the analogy of electric = thought and magnetic = emotion has a place. Regards, Dylan.
For me it's asking for help from my TA in areas I'm struggling. Then recognizing and taking to heart the articles, books, people, and experiences placed in my path as answers to my requests. The slow process of one step forward and two steps back begins to changing my perspective, attitude and emotional responses. The work necessary to make the transition is all up to me, practice, practice, practice. There is great satisfaction looking back noting my progress, slow as it may have been, but progress none the less.

I would entertain more discussion on our Thought Adjuster becoming a Thought Controller. It's been some time since reviewing my copy of The Urantia Papers.

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Kim

My first thought on what the difference between a Thought Adjuster and Thought Controller might be is

'Not my will, but yours be done.' versus 'It is my will that your will be done.'

Regards, Dylan
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Dylan,

Your differentiation between Thought Controller and Thought Adjustor,
'Not my will, but yours be done.' versus 'It is my will that your will be done.'
is an interesting subtle point with considerable meaning.

That aside, I couldn't remember the Thought Adjustor becoming a Thought Controller in the UB so I did a search of the book on http://www.urantia.org. I could find the term controller used to reference one of the aspects of God but no Thought Controller. It's a mystery.

RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Welles. Sometimes the Urantia Foundation UB search doesn't perform well. Cheers, Dylan.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi all,

I couldn't find "Thought Controller" in my Urantia Book Concordex either. ???

Been thinking about "Thought Controller" and am wondering if that term inaccurately indicates a dictating of our thoughts...as that would leave some to believe we have no say in the matter? It is my understanding that humans are always in the driving seat in their behavior. They can choose the thoughts they think and the actions they take. This can get us into lots of trouble at times but we learn from it. It seems as we align ourselves more closely with our Thought Adjuster that we desire ever more deeply to do the Creators will and gladly follow the cues of our TA so that in a way we are sort of giving our animal nature a miss and more control to our divine nature but always are we able to choose less wisely. I suspect even after fusion with our TA we will continue to make blunders, hopefully not universe crushing ones at least. :finger: :lol:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

I'll see if I can hunt down this passage for you. Regards, Dylan.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Guys

Here is the passage:

107:0.7 (1177.1) On the evolutionary worlds, will creatures traverse three general developmental stages of being: From the arrival of the Adjuster to comparative full growth, about twenty years of age on Urantia, the Monitors are sometimes designated Thought Changers. From this time to the attainment of the age of discretion, about forty years, the Mystery Monitors are called Thought Adjusters. From the attainment of discretion to deliverance from the flesh, they are often referred to as Thought Controllers. These three phases of mortal life have no connection with the three stages of Adjuster progress in mind duplication and soul evolution.

Regards,
Dylan
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Good sleuthing Dylan and thank you. That's one of those tidbits that I just passed over as it didn't ring a bell for me. It did for you with considerable illumination, I'd say.

Image Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: I second what Welles just said! :bana: Thank you Dylan for clearing that up!
(((((HUGS)))))
Sandy
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Thought Controller works for me as a stage of spiritual development. It by no means contravenes the human will. Rather it represents a degree of cooperation and devotion where the Adjuster no longer has to. To me it would represent the human subject giving their Divine Indweller full access 'under the hood'. It's a love affair, not some kind of domination. Regards, Dylan.