Active Hope, A.K.A. How To Face The Mess We're In ...

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Active Hope, A.K.A. How To Face The Mess We're In ...

Post by Welles »

"The Great Turning [a shift of comparable scope and magnitude to the Agricultural Revolution and the Industrial Revolution] involves the transition from a doomed economy of industrial growth to a life-sustaining society committed to the recovery of the world....

The Great Turning is a story of Active Hope."

Last night I shared a lovely dinner with some friends. We touched briefly on 'the world' and then consciously backed off to keep our focus on uplifting topics, most of them close to home. Our shift away from the world of fear to our joys in existence was marked by a mention of the seeming hoplessness of the task of change and how disappointing is was that so many of our youthful hopes for change had never seemed to materialize.

I am of the opinion that it has and is changing at an incredible pace. It is just a fact that to move human concsiousness from fear to Love is a massive undertaking. Fear has tremendous inertia but Love always triumphs for it is eternal where as fear is ephemeral.

Anyway this article really addresses a simple subject. Keep the faith. Don't let your heart falter for long.

Active Hope, A.K.A. How To Face The Mess We're In Without Going Crazy
— by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnston

https://www.ecoliteracy.org/article/act ... oing-crazy

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Active Hope, A.K.A. How To Face The Mess We're In ...

Post by Sandy »

Welles, your words even as much as this wonderful article brought tears to my eyes. I am struggling so with the events in the world. :( Thank you, my friend, from the bottom of my heart.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.