A Scheme to Change the World? — by Hazrat Inayat Khan

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This is a beautiful expression of the Sufi outlook. It is a fascinating (if short) adventure to get to Hazrat's concluding paragraph...

"The Sufi therefore, finds the only way out of the distress of life ... He rises above it, taking all things as they come, patiently. He does not mind how he is treated. His principle is to do his best, and in that is his satisfaction. Instead of depending on another person to be kind to him, the Sufi thinks if he were kind to another person, that is sufficient. Every wise man in the long run through life will find in this principle the solution of happiness. For we cannot change the world, but we can change ourselves."

Really. Read this one today. 

http://www.awakin.org/read/audio.php?op=play&tid=2224

happyrain
Family

Re: A Scheme to Change the World? — by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Post by happyrain »

hello welles,

this is one of my favorite excerpts. thank you for the reminder. it isn't easy to live by but can be very rewarding as we learn to recognize egoic behavior and look within for peace. i am not yet liberated by this expression but it is this philosophy that encourages my meditation in hopes that i can one day rise above.

cheers. .
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: A Scheme to Change the World? — by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Post by Sandy »

I am deeply moved by this post and in Eric's post as well. It is interesting that I was just speaking with George this morning about finding a way to be less affected by the politics of the time and take them at face value... take action but without demeaning emotion attached. I shall have this tattooed on my forehead... Okay probably not :roll: ;) but will try to practice this sage advice as I want very badly for this ole world to be a loving place for my grandchildren.

Hugs to you both,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.