The Grand Opening of The Thayer Little Free Library

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

The Grand Opening of The Thayer Little Free Library

Post by Sandy »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share with you a special project from our good friend Welles. He has been a busy man for months now as he worked to complete a tiny little library for his local community. Now when I say library, I imagine that most of you see a substantial building filled with racks and rack of books complete with employees asking you to keep your voice down. But I suspect this little library will steal your heart and who knows maybe inspire you to bring to fruition your own ideas to benefit the community....

Sunday January 29th was the unveiling of the Thayer Little Free Library! Take a look....

Image Here it is shrouded ready for the big day!

Image On Sunday at 1:00 PM a group gathered (about 27 but who’s counting?) for the Notso Grand Opening.

Image Two young girls were asked to cut the ribbon.

Image Welles holds the first book, aptly named "Steal This Book" by Abbie Hoffman. :)

Image Many hands make short work.

Image At the end of the day! :cheers:

Image The left side.

Image The right side.

Image Looking at the back you can see the solar collectors that provide electricity to batteries that store power to operate motion activated LED’s for night use.

I do wish I could have made the photos larger but I am a computer novice and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get it any larger using Photobucket. ???
Hats off to our dear Welles for the time and effort he gave to this project which translated into a real show of Love.
Thank you Welles for your good example of community spirit and your inspiration.

Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Re: The Grand Opening of The Thayer Little Free Library

Post by Welles »

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your kind words. The Thayer LFL is still a work in progress. It now has a forum and I have some future plans for a bench and tiny garden surrounding the steel pedestal. If anybody is interested in larger pictures you can find them here...

Thayer Little Free Library

Image Welles
Sandy
Staff

Re: The Grand Opening of The Thayer Little Free Library

Post by Sandy »

Bless you Welles!!!! I tried so hard to figure out and was very disappointed the photos are so tiny. :oops:

I love the idea of a garden around the Little Library and a bench. I have a feeling it will be something very special. :D
Well done!
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.