Love Lessons; Living as Learning — by Melody Schaper

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This is a paean to life long learning. It is an encouraging exhortation in total but there was one paragraph that has stuck in my mind and will stay stuck... Melody wrote...

"I brought Sally Hess, a very interesting and thoughtful Modern Dancer to USC for a Dance residency many years ago when I was on the faculty.  She was a serious meditator and spent an hour each morning and evening in meditation.  I asked her why she mediated and what benefit she received from it and she told me something I have never forgotten.  She said, ‘it’s as if there is a clouded window in front of me and in the corner there is a tiny spot that has been wiped just enough so that if I look really hard I can see there is something there.  I can’t see it clearly but I can see that something is on the other side of the window.   As I mediate more and more I begin to understand that there is a world I can not see clearly but know, without question, is there.  I am curious to find out what is on the other side of the window so I continue to sit quietly and wait for the images to become clearer.’ "

http://www.melodyschaper.com/love-lesso ... -learning/

Welles
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Love Lessons; Living as Learning — by Melody Schaper

Post by Sandy »

I learned the meaning of a new word..." Paean" - 1 : a joyous song or hymn of praise, tribute, thanksgiving, or triumph. 2 : a work that praises or honors its subject : encomium, tribute.

Thank you Welles and not just for my newly extended vocabulary. :) This was a lovely article that reads as easily as a spring breeze clearing away Winter's drowse . I am so happy to have received it on such an awesome spring Sunday morning in Oz. :happy

The author end with a question...
Will you join me?
YES!!! :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.