Do we choose our Urantian life?

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
vivrider
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Do we choose our Urantian life?

Post by vivrider »

Question for you guys--do we have input into the life we will enter here? The reason I ask is, I feel like my life has been very difficult. I do know that I have nothing to complain about, with so many millions of people in horrific circumstances right now. Caught up in wars, displaced by wars, starvation, poverty and on and on. But I do feel that my cushy American life has been more of a trial than most people I know. Chaotic abusive childhood, failed marriages, struggles for years as a single parent, cancer, children with mental health problems, and now, financial problems from medical bills and bad financial decisions (all my life.) So I'm curious, do we get to say, give me a really challenging life so I can experience spiritual growth? Or have I just made a long string of bad decisions? Thanks for your input!

Love,

Viv
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Do we choose our Urantian life?

Post by George »

Dear Vivian,

Your question in effect: Did I set myself up to be the experimental Bunny? No, that's not it.

Your Thought Adjuster is setting you up to achieve X, Y and Z, but you may not be listening too well.

Your Thought Adjuster has great plans for you, knows you are somewhat impulsive, but guaranteed to become a great contributor.

Better contact with your Higher Self. I say better, because you are capable of good contact now.

Love you . . .
George.

:bigsmurf:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Vivian,
I started a reply to your post...and then was interrupted by my George. As we sat in our tiny living room discussing another situation my eyes fell on your book, Your beautiful children's book "Life Light Love”. I was repeatedly drawn to it in those moments and finally when I picked it up and began reading it out loud, I felt this growing light within me. As I read the simple but beautiful pages that seemingly are made for children but so healing for adults as well, I discovered that in a lovely kind of way, sweetie, you answered your own question. And my eyes fill with tears as I remember times when I too felt exactly as you describe in your post...overwhelmed by life in the moment. To be honest, I have more of those then I care to admit. And sometimes can feel pretty low.... you know... loosing the battle to remain at peace with life, others, and the world as financial worries, health worries and longing for family overwhelm me. These days too are especially hard times in a "world-wide kind of way" and it can affect our seat of peace within. But with all this said, and knowing what I just told you about my own propensities, at these tough moments, I have repeatedly “been led” to investigate more deeply a better understanding of myself, why I think and feel the way I do, getting to the bottom of what habitual behaviour is creating discord and discovering where it comes from. Journaling is a great way to lighten the load as it is very low pressure. For instance, what I do couldn’t be simpler. Just center yourself and begin by saying a heartfelt prayer or well framed intention if you prefer, asking for help, guidance and support as you intend to understand some aspect of yourself or something that is troubling you. Start writing and write what ever comes into your mind. Don't worry about how it sounds, its’ grammar spelling wordy sentences etc.... just write and let it all pour out. It’s a simple exercise and can even be taken a little further. For instance as you discover something within you wish to release you can symbolically burn/ bury it, etc. as a symbol or some sort of celebration that is cementing in your subconscious the action you just intended. Always then ask that the void within, left by what was released, be filled with Divine Love and light . And then do something wonderful for yourself or someone else.

I would just like to add that journaling is an almost magical way to travel simply and easily down inner roads as handwriting is alive and charged with power as you easily connect with the wonder that lives deep within you. This Divine Spark has all the answers, all the guidance, all the support and love to not only see you through the trials of life but to have you singing and twirling with the innate joy of existing- “Life Light Love”. Yes, no doubt It lies within us truly as you wrote so simply, beautifully, and so magically those years ago.

We Love you Vivian... you are an earth angel and though you may be facing a tough wall right now, please remember how many of your celestial friends are surrounding you and supporting you in your life quests. :kiss:
(((((Big Hugs)))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Vivian,
This is the first time chance I've had to visit the boards in a long time. When trying to make a decision on which thread to choose first I was so excited to see your name, the decision was made for me! Your posts always leave me feeling more positive and affirm that you've got a special spiritual connection. I read a long lime ago that we help plan out what we are suppose to learn in this lifetime. Whether it's true or not, it actually empowered me. I learned to hold myself responsible for everything in my life. LOL! I was really mad at first having to accept that as my truth.

Many of the things you've gone through mirror my own experiences. It's so easy to be hard on myself for every little and huge mistakes I've made. But honestly if we hadn't done it all, made the bad choices, gone through all the tough stuff,... we wouldn't be who we are today. Where would all those people out there
who depend on us be? Where would we be?

We can only try to not make the same mistakes, choose differently than we have in the past and learn from our mistakes, sometimes we do, sometimes we haven't learned it yet and have to try again.

You might not even remember who I am, but I remember you! Vivian, I'm glad you are who you are.

Love to all, :loves
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

vivrider wrote:Question for you guys--do we have input into the life we will enter here? The reason I ask is, I feel like my life has been very difficult. I do know that I have nothing to complain about, with so many millions of people in horrific circumstances right now. Caught up in wars, displaced by wars, starvation, poverty and on and on. But I do feel that my cushy American life has been more of a trial than most people I know. Chaotic abusive childhood, failed marriages, struggles for years as a single parent, cancer, children with mental health problems, and now, financial problems from medical bills and bad financial decisions (all my life.) So I'm curious, do we get to say, give me a really challenging life so I can experience spiritual growth? Or have I just made a long string of bad decisions? Thanks for your input!

Love,

Viv
Dear Viv,

Great to see you here. Yeah George just answered it for you. There is a plan, but its not "our" plan. The reason is we only come here once, and an unincarnated soul, which has not "individualised" does not have such a capacity. In point of fact, I believe the soul, when choosing the embryo, is not aware of the material circumstances, only if the foetus is likely to sustain life. However the TA does care about all this, and certainly it has been known that TA's survey the scene as it were, I guess as a part of their planning.

So have you made a lot of bad decisions? Maybe. Its hard to know. Life is typically hard here, because we have such a stuffed up world. Even as Father tries to help us, there are also times when He allows hard things to happen, because he can see the benefit. Take George, had to break his neck to get him to start thinking. LOL. I also had very tough times before I asked to be led down the right path.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

Thank you everyone for your love and wisdom. I have known for a while that I'm letting events of the world, especially this horrific election, get me off track. I keep trying to let it go. Multiple times daily I say, "The Divine plan is always in place." I've been trying to spend more time meditating but my mind is so jumbled up with anger and disbelief and fear that I have a hard time calming down. It helps to hear it from all of you, who I trust and love. I need to connect with my TA, and allow help from celestials. Sandy, I have kept a journal for a long time, and I'm now trying what you recommended but I need to keep practicing. I keep editing myself, questioning myself. Today my plans are to enjoy the beautiful weather (72 degrees in November in MN--Climate Change :grrr NO just stop :duh ) Just accept the beauty, know that God is in charge, that this is the Correcting Time and that the time of Life and Light is coming. I'm going to work on a quilt for my grandchild who will be born in March, and when that is finished, get back to mosaics for the new book.

Kim, I definitely remember you! I just went to your FB page to remind myself where you live. I am planning to visit you someday!! I want to see your gardens! :sunflower: And meet you in person. :roll

I can't wait to show you the quilt I'm making. It has beautiful batik fabrics, plus a fabric printed to look like outer space--stars, galaxies. I'm going to quilt it with the words, "welcome to the universes," something like that. OK, off to the sewing machine!

Much love,
Vivian
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

This is my favorite song right now, by a band called Cloud Cult. I've been meaning to share it with you Sandy, and I think others will enjoy it as well. I'm trying to put a link to the you tube video but don't know if it will work. You can easily find it though.

When I first heard it, I loved it, but it seemed kind of contradictory--lifes' a lonely road, but you gotta find it on your own. . . but then, No, no, no, you never were alone. But now it makes a lot of sense. In our mortal life, we do a lot of stumbling around (some more than others :oops: ) but though it may seem lonely, you really aren't ever alone.

https://youtu.be/ijmrsifCd6Murl

To the Great Unknown
Called your name, and you formed out of the emptiness.
Called your name, and I swear this time I’ll be my best.
Called your name, and I felt home sweet home.
May you find grace when overtaken by the tempest.
May you find humor in the cynic and the pessimist.
May you find faith in the Great Unknown.
Lay it all down… in a calm, safe space.
And if the dream doesn’t come… just wait
We were made to walk through fire in our dance shoes
We were made to sail upon the meteors.
We were made to love the heck out of our bones.
God gave us words, they were “I love you, please, and thank you”.
God gave us thirst, and it’s a hunger for the universe.
Oh, no, no, no. I’ll never let you go.
Sometimes this life’s a lonely road, but you gotta find it on your own.
So build a happy ship, cuz this livin’ is a trip.
You gotta sing the kind of song that you like singing
...to the Great Unknown.
God gave you brains, now don’t go and drown in your own thinkings.
God gave you hands so you could pick up your broken pieces.
God gave you feet so you can find your own way home.
Let’s run away, just know your troubles tend to follow.
Pack your bags, just know that everything here’s borrowed.
The pathmaker is a trickster, so make your own damn road.
Oh, no, no, no. You never were alone.
Sometimes this life’s a lonely road, but you gotta find it on your own.
So build a happy ship, cuz this livin’ is a trip.
You gotta sing the kind of song that you like singing
...to the Great Unknown.

If you like this song, here are some other Cloud Cult songs that are amazing:
Meet Me Where You're Going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiYiiIrq_8w ,
You Were Born https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbDOSE0qIg .

Love,
Vivian
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

you're 'something else' VivRider.

We love you.

:bigsmurf:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

you're 'something else' VivRider.
:cheers:

Hey Viv,
I fixed your URL and added the URLs to the other two songs. They are all three lovely and well worth a "listen to". The lyrics are amazing... very uplifting for me they are on this warm day in Oz. Thank you! :sunflower:

Don't you think sometimes songs can give us a message just as potent as a "bonified" Celestial channeling? Maybe sometimes that is exactly what they are... or maybe sometimes the song writers are celestially prompted. ;) :)

Love to you up there. :hithere
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Viv,
me again...
Just want you to know I share your pain too over the state of politics in my beloved country... many people do. I had to get away from it a bit for awhile... same with all those causes and petitions I was championing as they were on the verge of drowning me. I think the human mind body and soul can only take so much negativity...So when the negativity seems to overflow the beauty and positive things we view in our lives it may very well be time to step back ( as you are doing :D ) and find our heart again. (not that we have ever lost it but sometimes ( for me, anyway) I feel like I have lost it at times...like I have lost me. Happily, I am always in there somewhere and allowing the fear stress and pain to slip away as I immerse myself in loving nurturing pursuits helps me find that little optimistic child again.

Like your cloud cult favorite, though... it is so true we must find our own path, making sure we are walking it and not allowing it to clobber us with all the incidentals along the way. ;) I love that you are talking about quilting again! You know, all those years ago when you first came to the board you were quilting too. I remember being dumbstruck by the images of your awesome quilts and then discovering you made an entire children's book whose illustrations were quilts. :shock: I've no doubt you will find your peace as you sew. There is something magical in creation don't you think?

It warms my heart to think that some day you and Kim will meet and share those times with us. (at least I hope you will. ) I know you guys will have tons to talk about. Do you know Kim is quite the writer herself?

Okay best get busy. I have two bunnies to bathe today and carriers to prepare as early tomorrow morning my two furry little babies are going to the vet to be neutered. I am loath to do it but it is rather dangerous to keep two male bunnies together as they can fight and even kill each other. Hopefully this will ensure a longtime friendship between them. :finger:

love,
Sandy
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

Yesterday's post about bootcamp on Urantia made me think about this question I had. Not intentionally, but I think I have set myself up for lots of hard trials. After what you said George, I started making time every day for meditation every day, and I'm getting back to the point where I feel like I need to meditate or I don't feel right, instead of something that's difficult and sometimes frustrating.

And just in time because new scary challenges have come. Hopefully it's nothing but I recently found a lump in my armpit. Saw my doctor yesterday, going to do some tests soon. And my ex husband was recently diagnosed with metastatic melanoma. So my kids Peter and Cara are going through their dad being on chemo and a bad prognosis. I really don't want to put them through even more. And I have two books to finish. Please pray for all of us!

Love,
Viv
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Viv,
I am thinking about you and your family tonight as our evening winds down. I am so sorry to hear of the trouble swirling around you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, keep you close as I hope all will turn out well for you and the family.
After what you said George, I started making time every day for meditation every day, and I'm getting back to the point where I feel like I need to meditate or I don't feel right, instead of something that's difficult and sometimes frustrating.

:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: That is so good! ..and helpful for ole "busy brain" over here. ;) :mrgreen:

Have a good week end and please let me know how you and the family are getting on when you have the time okay? (LOL I know who has that kind of time right now a mere 9 days till Christmas? :shock:) Yikes! :D

love and hugs,
Sandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Viv,

I will add you to my prayers.

hugs
Geoff
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

Thank you. Good news, it was just a normal lymph node!! I'm so relieved, especially for my kids. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas. Then on to 2017, a year of lots of book publishing for me!

Love,
Vivian
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

That is just the best news!!!! :D
Thank you Vivian for letting us know right away. We are so relieved. :D

And a Merry Christmas to you and the family too! :kiss:

Love,
Sandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Great news Viv, time to celebrate, and we have just the season for it!!!

hugs
Geoff
vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider »

Thanks Geoff and merry Christmas!