A Primer on Understanding & Compassion — by Leo Babauta

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

"A reader wrote to me that he is frustrated with himself — he hasn’t been as compassionate to people as he’d like recently.

Lots of us experience this: we’re judgmental, quick to snap at people, getting frustrated with how other people act, judging people who have different beliefs than us.

The reader who wrote to me is actually aware of being judgmental — most of us don’t even realize when we’re doing it. We think we’re right to judge others, to be frustrated with them, to snap in anger.

This reader, in contrast, sees the less-than-friendly actions he takes and sees that they’re not aligned with the good person he wants to be, the compassionate person he is at heart. He sees the less friendly actions and wants to change them. That is worthy of celebration."

Leo goes on to discuss the basics of understanding and provide a simple method to practice compassion. 

http://zenhabits.net/understanding/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: A Primer on Understanding & Compassion — by Leo Babauta

Post by Sandy »

Thank You Welles! :D
I really appreciate you posting this article as it gives a most helpful concrete way to aid in our desire to overcome our less then compassionate behaviors.
What a wonderful short article!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.