Karma, Intention & Wise Speech — by Jack Kornfield 

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

"To understand karma, it is essential to see how the motivation or intention preceding an action determines the future karmic result of that action. Thus, if an act is motivated by true kindness, it will necessarily bring a positive result, and if an act is motivated by aggression or greed, it will eventually bring an unpleasant result. Because karmic results do not always bear fruit immediately, it is sometimes difficult to observe this process.

Speech is one area in which karma can be seen in an easy and direct way. For this exercise, resolve to take two or three days to carefully notice the intentions that motivate your speech. Direct your attention to the state of mind that precedes talking, the motivation for your comments, responses, and observations."

https://jackkornfield.com/observing-intention/

Welles
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Karma, Intention & Wise Speech — by Jack Kornfield 

Post by Sandy »

Hi Welles,
I never looked at Karma in this way before. As I read this article it seems Karma is attached to the "powers" underneath the "Law of Attraction"... sort of related as such.
Intention I am discovering is very important in the grand scheme of things and the flow of life. You've given me much to think about today and I thank you my friend. :hithere
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.