Becoming Free of Our Substitute Life — by Ezra Bayda

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

Oh boy this is brilliant it is excerpted from How to Live a Genuine Life by Ezra Bayda. Here's how it opens...

"A Zen student walked in to see the master. Sitting down, he blurted out, "There's something terribly wrong with me!" The master looked at him and asked, "What's so wrong?" The student, after a moment's hesitation, responded, "I think I'm a dog." To that the master responded, "And how long have you thought that?" The student replied, "Ever since I was a puppy."

What does this story have to do with spiritual practice? Everything. It puts the basic human problem in a nutshell. Next time you find yourself immersed in the drama of a strong emotional reaction, awash with deeply believed thoughts, ask yourself how long you've taken these thoughts to be the truth. Especially notice the ones you believe the most: "Life is too hard," "No one will ever be there for me," "I'm worthless," "I'm hopeless." How long have you believed these thoughts? Ever since you were a puppy!"

http://www.awakin.org/read/audio.php?op=play&tid=2160

Welles
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Becoming Free of Our Substitute Life — by Ezra Bayda

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for this, Welles. :sunflower:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.