Adequate Stillness Practice

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Adequate Stillness Practice

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Brothers and Sisters

I just thought I would start a thread where people can share how much they invest in stillness?

For a while now I have known I must do it daily, and Michael even said "it's the most important activity in your day". When I honour this truth I move forward unerringly.

Nevertheless I am very curious to know what others are investing in this department. Also anyone who is receiving divine communications, how much are you investing?

To start off: I'm investing about 2hrs a day in a block in the evenings. I'm keen to start doing odd whole days of spiritual communion. I know that Jesus spent extended time with the Father when needed.

Cheers and love,
Dylan
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Adequate Stillness Practice

Post by Welles »

Hi Dylan,

We're all works in progress. My own goal is to live in a heart centered consciousness. Quite simply when one's conscousness comes to it's resting place in the heart rather than the 'guts' we are open to divine input. Sometimes it provides specific direction. Sometimes we are given more undifferentiated creative energy (Love) with the charge to create with it and thereby expand the potentials of God into actuals (in our modest way) 100% off the time is a worthy goal but until then I'm seeking to have the heart my default state of consciousness all the while understanding that the goal is really a process. After all if we were perfect we wouldn't be here, eh?

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Dylan,
What a lovely idea to begin this type of thread. :hithere

My stillness meditations have changed and evolved over the years to accommodate a changing environment. Lately I wake up quite early (for me :) )and do the immediate chores if necessary and then as birds and rabbits are satisfied I can be at peace and devote a small block of time to sitting in nature, if possible. (and nature does not have to be out in the vast wonders of a national park or woodland community, which is awesomely wondrous) It can be simply the allowing the beauty of a favorite tree, bush or family of birds, even clump of grass to fill me with the joy of creation and sense of belonging in the family of our God/Goddess. So my goal... every day in some way and in some form to try to fill my heart with Divine Love and energy and as I mentioned, somehow it is easier for me in nature. It varies and isn't always as I envisage or plan. I must admit some days this tests me. :roll: :lol: And sometimes life interferes and that okay because it is in life and the living that we find our path forward...bringing the energies we experience in stillness whether for 10 minutes, 2 hour, or all day to who we are at our center, our root source. My goal is to live open-hearted as Welles described above, walking talking and open to my Divine family and my human family, feeling loving presence at every moment of the day. Whew! I've got an enormously long way to go but celebrate" being a work in progress" and enjoying what life and the Divine bring to "the table."

To be completely honest, some days I do fall flat on my face. :lol: The trick when this happens for me... shake it off and remember the words from a song... "Mamma said there'd be days like this, There'd be days like this my mamma said." :lol: :mrgreen: Yep, for some reason that song without fail filters into my brain when needed, makes me laugh and helps me to take myself less seriously. :bana:

Have a great week! :sunny:

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Sandy. I like your incorporating nature into your communion. Cheers, Dylan
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

I just thought I would say Sandy, that I really appreciate your positive and sunny attitude. Thanks! Dylan.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hi dylan,

i don't sit and meditate as often anymore. divine communications seems open to interpretation. presently i invest less then 30 minutes a day in stillness and my practices are not as disciplined and uncustomary to most devotees.

are you doing 2 hours everyday since you've started this thread? i am curious to see if you are noting any changes
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Again Happyrain

I've been doing 1.5 to 2 hrs everyday for about 6 months to a year. I've noted some pretty massive benefits of late, but I have been focused on healing some problems in my mind.

Given that the inner life accounts for a lot if not most, if not all of life, my philosophy is that we should be dedicating a substantial time to our inner life, as part of our training, and as part of our growing exploration of the spiritual realm. Also, as a recent channeled message indicated, meditation can be likened to topping up the tank; but it can potentially be so much more!

Spending time with our Divine Parents can be very helpful for aligning with the universe plans, which are always perfect and divine, so why not?

Hope this helps,
Dylan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I just thought I would say Sandy, that I really appreciate your positive and sunny attitude. Thanks! Dylan.
Thanks Dylan. :) I must say I am feeling good tonight... :bana: We woke up this morning dead in the water...well our computers and phone lines were dead anyway, which was actually helpful that both of them weren't working as it was a clear indication the problem was somewhere in the lines and thankfully not with the server or modem. I usually shut down when things go awry and involve some form of technology. (I'm a slate writer at heart :lol: ) But for some reason this time I knew it was going to be okay and it was happening for a reason... (hoping I would learn something) so I settled down, thought things through and unhooked the various parts of the system. I then plugged the phone directly into the jack and it worked! Then I hooked up the wires that supported the modem and we had internet! :cheers: but could not continue in this way as we had wires stretched across the front door in a definite "tripping" pattern. But I was happy to discover which part of the line was probably the culprit and with it in tow went to fetch the needed parts. While doing this I couldn't help but think of how far I/we have come this year... G and I have made it through some tough times and are definitely stronger and strangely more optimistic for it. For me, I am beginning to see that I am capable of doing things I didn't think I could do. I'm not just talking about today even though I am pretty stoked that I was able to solve this problem, for as simple as it seems to most of you it was like a trip to the moon for simple Sandy. ;) LOL) I guess these little moments teaching us about self, are the kind of things I feel that life brings to our spiritual table. In a wondrous array of "off the cuff lessons," each day hold endless possibilities the likes of which effect who we will be in eternity. Even now on this beautiful bit of rock, we are slowly but surely building on the Divine blueprint, our marvelous gift of personality as we are thrust into this place of hardships, wonders and soul building lessons of spirit and mortal experience.
All I can think right now as I type, and this is accented I must say after just watching a marvelous documentary on the Apollo 11 and other Apollo moon missions that were told through the eyes of the Astronauts, and illuminated through the photos and videos taken from our beautiful moon. ( which is another whole topic in itself) .... anyway I am thinking we are soooooooo blessed to be here and my hope and dream is that somehow, some way and someday everyone will feel the same way as we stand united and in peace.

Geez I have gotten off topic. :oops: Sorry about this... Back to stillness and our world changing communion with the source of All. :hithere
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

I've started adding in to my meditation the question:

What do I need to learn today?
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You must be having a good influence on me over the spirit "airwaves" , Dylan, as I have been asking recently, "What do I need to know for today?" :lol: Great minds huh? :mrgreen: :P :hithere
(((((((hugs)))))0
Sandy

P.S. Isn't it Interesting the things that show up when you ask that question? Just recently on a day when I could have flown to the moon I was so open and ecstatic with life, I suppose you could say, something came up reminding me to look deeper. And when I did just that there was something from the past that I was harboring way down deep. Strangely, I hadn't a clue it was there. (I am talking about my thoughts and feeling regarding an experience ) I know it's still there but so far have made excuses as to deal with it adequately (practicing avoidance again :roll: :) ) I believe that because I realize it is there, it can't remain there for long and with help from the Divine should be released quick smart. It is important to remember when doing this that there might be a void left from such a release and so is helpful to replace it with something good. Asking the Divine to fill this place with Divine Love and understanding is beneficial in the "moving on" as it telling the "ever so protective mind" that this is a very good thing and that you do not need such "baggage" anymore. ( In the releasing one can usually discover why you hung on to it...things such as protection, avoidance fear, security etc.. a bit of a process that we often do every day in small ways.

Anyway, I am jabbering on. Have a nice week, Dylan. :sunny:
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Sandy

Synchronicities are always wonderful, it's a sign you are on track.

Your thoughts are similiar to the recent Adjuster message from Anyas: what's really hiding in there?

I too have felt asked to deal more deeply with my past, and as the message indicates, we can allow our Thought Adjuster to guide us through the patterns of emotion, to be truly liberated from whatever it was doing.

God bless!

Dylan
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

This came about in my meditation:

Shadows are interconnected just like love, except shadows are complex; love is simple and unified. Shadows can trick you with their complexity.

From TUB: The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.

Just a thought,
Dylan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Dylan,
Yes, I too like when I am blessed with synchronicity. Along with your post, there have been several synchroncities recently all encouraging me to investigate within. This is a good one too...
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26009 as I tend to avoid sadness by burying it... sort of like a dog burying a bone but I am happy to forget where I left it. :lol:

I like your thoughts here and plan on chewing on them for awhile.
This came about in my meditation:

Shadows are interconnected just like love, except shadows are complex; love is simple and unified. Shadows can trick you with their complexity.

From TUB: The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.

Thank you my friend. :sunflower:
(((hugs)))
Sandy
RunningScroll
Family

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Sandy

I'm not sure it's true.

Dylan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Dylan,
That's all the more reason for me to chew on it, eh? :hithere some things feel right and true and even assist individuals to better spiritual heights when other may find them senseless and useless.
XxSandy