Dalai Lama and Thought Adjuster

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Veronique
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Dalai Lama and Thought Adjuster

Post by Veronique »

:hithere
One of my favorite pastimes is to read inspirational Zen-like quotes. Quotes that are simple yet very "deep", gentle, helpful, non-judgmental... Obviously many Zen quotes come from Buddhism, but I noticed that they are very similar or even identical concepts spoken of by our 11:11 Celestials. "My religion is kindness" by Dalai Lama got me curious and made me want to read a little more about the Dalai Lama.

In a Kindle version of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, A Message of Spiritual Wisdom, by COMCAST/NBCUNIVERSAL with an introduction by Ann Curry, I read: "The main concept [of Buddhism] is that the mind and the body are separate, although interconnected entities. And while the body lasts for just one life, the mind, or stream of consciousness, is continuous; it is beginningless and endless." I agree with that. What I don't agree with is the latter part of what follows... "At death, the body finishes but the mind continues into the next life, just as when the previous life died, the mind continued into this life. The process is called mental continuity, reincarnation or rebirth. Ordinary beings undergo this process without control. Advanced meditation practitioners can control it and chose their rebirth." The first Dalai Lama was born in Tibet in 1391 and "before his death, he chose where he would be reborn" to continue the quest of helping mankind... Brings to my mind another favorite quote by the Dalai Lama, "If you can't help others, at least don't harm them."

Anyway, from the first Dalai Lama born in the 14th century and through each Dalai Lama to this day, they believe there has been this relay of the same consciousness. "After the death of a Dalai Lama, a specially appointed team begins the search for his successor. Sometimes the Dalai Lama who has just passed away will leave clues as to where he will be reborn." This is serious business to Buddhists as the Dalai Lama is the head of the government as well as their spiritual and religious leader (well until 2011 when the current Dalai Lama made the historic decision to split the two). The current Dalai Lama was found at the age of two, and remarkably recognized the leader of the search party and recognized items that had belonged to the previous Dalai Lama as being "his". So this energy or consciousness that is passed along is strong stuff.

My question... yes, there is a question here... is this: Since I can't wrap my brain around the concept of, or reasons for, reincarnation, I think the constant variable here would have to be the Thought Adjuster. But is it the same Thought Adjuster that goes from one human being to another (but what would be the point of that), or simply communication from one Thought Adjuster to the next to create some sort of continuity for the followers of Buddhism? Or is something entirely different happening here?
Véronique
Amigoo
Family

Re: Dalai Lama and Thought Adjuster

Post by Amigoo »

With the mission of the divine Thought Adjuster to guide a mortal to Paradise, returning to the mortal's planet of nativity soon after mortal death ("reincarnation") seems unlikely ... since the irreplaceable Thought Adjuster has a one-way goal (to Paradise) once assigned to a mortal.

But "communication from one Thought Adjuster to the next" may be a possibility! (albeit not specifically to maintain quality of Dalai Lama leadership)

Interestingly, Thought Adjusters are assigned to mortals - even before the child is born - according to the child's potential. So, if the selected new Dalai Lama (especially with celestial guidance of the selection committee) has such potential, the developing child and later adult may indeed appear to exhibit that continued consciousness. Of course, childhood nurture is also contributory to that seeming continuation.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: ... which proffers intriguing new perspective:

A certain consciousness is that which reincarnates (actually "continues") with a mortal birth followed by his selection as the new Dalai Lama, the mortal tasked with reflecting that sublime consciousness. Or perhaps, that consciousness awaits "reincarnation" until the selection committee has performed their honored role in the continuing cycle of this human reflection upon the planet.

Rod
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Veronique and Rod,

You know, Veronique, when I read your post I thought of something I had read in the Urantia Book some time ago and really isn't talked about all that much over here but it is exciting and thrilling all the same... The section I am thinking of is speaking about the Reserve Corp of Destiny and is made up of living men and women on our planet... http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... government
7. The Reserve Corps of Destiny

114:7.1 (1257.1) The reserve corps of destiny consists of living men and women who have been admitted to the special service of the superhuman administration of world affairs. This corps is made up of the men and women of each generation who are chosen by the spirit directors of the realm to assist in the conduct of the ministry of mercy and wisdom to the children of time on the evolutionary worlds. It is the general practice in the conduct of the affairs of the ascension plans to begin this liaison utilization of mortal will creatures immediately they are competent and trustworthy to assume such responsibilities. Accordingly, as soon as men and women appear on the stage of temporal action with sufficient mental capacity, adequate moral status, and requisite spirituality, they are quickly assigned to the appropriate celestial group of planetary personalities as human liaisons, mortal assistants. *

114:7.2 (1257.2) When human beings are chosen as protectors of planetary destiny, when they become pivotal individuals in the plans which the world administrators are prosecuting, at that time the planetary chief of seraphim confirms their temporal attachment to the seraphic corps and appoints personal destiny guardians to serve with these mortal reservists. All reservists have self-conscious Adjusters, and most of them function in the higher cosmic circles of intellectual achievement and spiritual attainment.

114:7.3 (1257.3) Mortals of the realm are chosen for service in the reserve corps of destiny on the inhabited worlds because of:

114:7.4 (1257.4) 1. Special capacity for being secretly rehearsed for numerous possible emergency missions in the conduct of various activities of world affairs.

114:7.5 (1257.5) 2. Wholehearted dedication to some special social, economic, political, spiritual, or other cause, coupled with willingness to serve without human recognition and rewards.

114:7.6 (1257.6) 3. The possession of a Thought Adjuster of extraordinary versatility and probable pre-Urantia experience in coping with planetary difficulties and contending with impending world emergency situations.

114:7.7 (1257.7) Each division of planetary celestial service is entitled to a liaison corps of these mortals of destiny standing. The average inhabited world employs seventy separate corps of destiny, which are intimately connected with the superhuman current conduct of world affairs. On Urantia there are twelve reserve corps of destiny, one for each of the planetary groups of seraphic supervision.

114:7.8 (1257.8) The twelve groups of Urantia destiny reservists are composed of mortal inhabitants of the sphere who have been rehearsed for numerous crucial positions on earth and are held in readiness to act in possible planetary emergencies. This combined corps now consists of 962 persons. The smallest corps numbers 41 and the largest 172. With the exception of less than a score of contact personalities, the members of this unique group are wholly unconscious of their preparation for possible function in certain planetary crises. These mortal reservists are chosen by the corps to which they are respectively attached and are likewise trained and rehearsed in the deep mind by the combined technique of Thought Adjuster and seraphic guardian ministry. Many times numerous other celestial personalities participate in this unconscious training, and in all this special preparation the midwayers perform valuable and indispensable services.

114:7.9 (1258.1) On many worlds the better adapted secondary midway creatures are able to attain varying degrees of contact with the Thought Adjusters of certain favorably constituted mortals through the skillful penetration of the minds of the latters’ indwelling. (And it was by just such a fortuitous combination of cosmic adjustments that these revelations were materialized in the English language on Urantia.) Such potential contact mortals of the evolutionary worlds are mobilized in the numerous reserve corps, and it is, to a certain extent, through these small groups of forward-looking personalities that spiritual civilization is advanced and the Most Highs are able to rule in the kingdoms of men. The men and women of these reserve corps of destiny thus have various degrees of contact with their Adjusters through the intervening ministry of the midway creatures; but these same mortals are little known to their fellows except in those rare social emergencies and spiritual exigencies wherein these reserve personalities function for the prevention of the breakdown of evolutionary culture or the extinction of the light of living truth. On Urantia these reservists of destiny have seldom been emblazoned on the pages of human history.

114:7.10 (1258.2) The reservists unconsciously act as conservators of essential planetary information. Many times, upon the death of a reservist, a transfer of certain vital data from the mind of the dying reservist to a younger successor is made by a liaison of the two Thought Adjusters. The Adjusters undoubtedly function in many other ways unknown to us, in connection with these reserve corps.

114:7.11 (1258.3) On Urantia the reserve corps of destiny, though having no permanent head, does have its own permanent councils which constitute its governing organization. These embrace the judiciary council, the historicity council, the council on political sovereignty, and many others. From time to time, in accordance with the corps organization, titular (mortal) heads of the whole reserve corps have been commissioned by these permanent councils for specific function. The tenure of such reservist chiefs is usually a matter of a few hours’ duration, being limited to the accomplishment of some specific task at hand.

114:7.12 (1258.4) The Urantia reserve corps had its largest membership in the days of the Adamites and Andites, steadily declining with the dilution of the violet blood and reaching its low point around the time of Pentecost, since which time reserve corps membership has steadily increased.

114:7.13 (1258.5) (The cosmic reserve corps of universe-conscious citizens on Urantia now numbers over one thousand mortals whose insight of cosmic citizenship far transcends the sphere of their terrestrial abode, but I am forbidden to reveal the real nature of the function of this unique group of living human beings.)

114:7.14 (1258.6) Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain of the local universe circuits to produce a feeling of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is operative on the planet a very definite and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.

114:7.15 (1258.7) But it is true that you can have, at best, only a meager idea of an ideal planetary government. Since the early times of the Planetary Prince, Urantia has suffered from the miscarriage of the divine plan of world growth and racial development. The loyal inhabited worlds of Satania are not governed as is Urantia. Nevertheless, compared with the other isolated worlds, your planetary governments have not been so inferior; only one or two worlds may be said to be worse, and a few may be slightly better, but the majority are on a plane of equality with you.

114:7.16 (1259.1) No one in the local universe seems to know when the unsettled status of the planetary administration will terminate. The Nebadon Melchizedeks are inclined to the opinion that little change will occur in the planetary government and administration until Michael’s second personal arrival on Urantia. Undoubtedly at this time, if not before, sweeping changes will be effected in planetary management. But as to the nature of such modifications of world administration, no one seems to be able even to conjecture. There is no precedent for such an episode in all the history of the inhabited worlds of the universe of Nebadon. Among the many things difficult to understand concerning the future government of Urantia, a prominent one is the location on the planet of a circuit and divisional headquarters of the archangels.

114:7.17 (1259.2) Your isolated world is not forgotten in the counsels of the universe. Urantia is not a cosmic orphan stigmatized by sin and shut away from divine watchcare by rebellion. From Uversa to Salvington and on down to Jerusem, even in Havona and on Paradise, they all know we are here; and you mortals now dwelling on Urantia are just as lovingly cherished and just as faithfully watched over as if the sphere had never been betrayed by a faithless Planetary Prince, even more so. It is eternally true, “the Father himself loves you.”

114:7.18 (1259.3) [Presented by the Chief of Seraphim stationed on Urantia.]
One possibility perhaps. ???
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hi there,,, :hithere :hithere :hithere

This has to be one of the most interesting experiences of synchronicity that I've had,,,well recently anyway...
Veronique,,,you were the first person who communicated with me, whilst I was lurking the mb,,,and I often think of you.

It was also during that time that I was reading the Archived Celestial messages and I was prompted to find them again this evening....

I wasn't looking for anything particular, and read a few messages and copied the folowing 2 for deeper study but not on line.

Then I spotted your thread Veronique,,,,,,,,,and I do believe that some of your questions are answered, especially in the first one below on Reincarnation.

and I also thought the following one had a connection too, re the Dali Lama and TA's

Anyway,,,nice seeing you again.....love and blessings,,,,pp

Reincarnation - A Myth. http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list219.htm

Illawarra District, Australia, December 2, 2003.

Primary Midwayer, Andrea.

[Part Transmission Only]

Received by George Barnard.

George: "You can say these things so much better than I can, Andrea, and besides, what kind of an authority am I?"

Andrea: "OK. This is much better now, and now we can begin. We do have the ability of ‘plucking from your vocabulary’ a much vaster range of words and concepts, and arrange them in better order. Yes. Even those words, terms and notions that have ‘slipped over the horizon of your human forgetfulness.’ Where we are often limited is in the transmission of higher truths, due to your varied states of preparedness, your stillness achievement, and your resistance at any given time in your biorhythmic swings, as well as in the restrictions placed upon us as revelators.

"Over the years, much information on the subject has been uploaded into your mind, but it is my pleasure entirely to be speaking about the tenacious, endemic religious belief systems that include reincarnation of many types, and from the very droll to the outright ridiculous.

"I guess there is some value in hearing it from me. And even with my lengthy overview of how these experiences and thoughts have become myths and have turned into belief systems that so many of your siblings adhere to, yes, even in the predominantly Christian world, it is not always clearly understood even by the likes of me how these credos have metamorphosed into such a myriad range.

"At times, the connection between the experienced Father Fragment and the human deep mind will give rise to ‘a knowing’ at a conscious level, and herein the truest form of "suggestion of reincarnation" - and I want you to put these words in quotation marks - may become evident. These are actual experiences in the lifetimes of Father Fragments that served well in the lives of some (humans), who may or may not have proceeded to undertake an eternity existence.

"And so it is on your world, our world, our troubled, blighted and chaotic world, that so many highly experienced Fragments of the Creator of All are attracted to serve in the most difficult and yet experientially profitable of circumstances. And it is therefore fair to say that among you there are many who are recollecting meaningful aspects of previous Father Fragment existences that may well come through in an accurate, partly garbled, or even disordered way.

"For the vast majority of you, the difficulty with the interpretation of these ‘elements of knowing’ lies in the lack of your spiritual and religious understanding of your very make-up; your inability to differentiate between the pre-existent Father Fragment and the newly appointed soul that will carry you to eternal life at the time of your mortal demise.

"The soul is but a mere seed of future potential in a small child. It is ticket, a tiny IOU, or voucher, one might say, that through the job of living a rightful, righteous, thankful, gracious and spiritual life in its future will grow, develop and mature into a sparkling new you with the potential of eternal service, enjoyment and certainty of your being drawn ever Paradise-ward.

"Yes, of course, these perhaps accidental communications between the Father Fragment and the deep mind do at times surface. However, in your earnest endeavor of trying to collect information about, and learning from previous soul lives, there is rarely the accuracy one might assign to what can admittedly be so vividly experienced.

"Each of you have been gifted with mind endowments that will only ‘attach and interconnect’ with unqualified degrees of fullness and accuracy. Your groupings of interactive mind segments have the ability to reach out at any given time, one might say, to only God knows where, and acknowledge the information gained as belonging to your soul’s pasts, when there are no such pasts.

"All kinds of details are available, and from myriad sources, and even from our enhanced view, and with our lengthy experience, we cannot always fathom from where these seemingly accurate details of previous soul lives may have been gathered. Suffice to say, my brother, that pre-existence of the soul is a tale passed down from greatly imaginative minds and utterings of ancient times.

"Whereas the Father Fragment has gone through excellent training, and may have had many lifetimes of ‘temporary accompanying experiences’ prior to indwelling the person that is you, the soul is always an entirely new entity, a seed, a gift, for a cooperative human mind and perfect Father Fragment to develop into a new being that will survive your passing away, and to which there is attached no original karma, good or bad.

"I trust that in this talk we have put to rest the belief of pre-existing souls, and alleviated some of the associated disquiet in those individuals that are accepting of bad karma, perhaps accumulated in carelessly lived previous soul lives.

"I thank you for staying the distance with me. I bow my head to the Spirit that is in you, now that I leave as when I arrive. Do program your meditation for the early hours. My love goes with you all. This is Andrea."

11:11 Progress Group.
Toujours au Service de Michael.

11:11 Angels

Churches, Progress and Tibet. http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list222.htm

Illawarra District, Australia, December 9, 2003.

Primary Midwayer Andrea.

[Part transmission only.]

Received by George Barnard.

George: “It’s what I wrote down, Andrea, and whatever reached your ears from the ongoing discussions and postings of late.”

[The question centered around individuals like Sai Baba, the Dalai Lama, their possible connection with the Reserve Corps, and essential Adjuster-to-Adjuster Information Transfer.]

Andrea: “We know how some of you like to valiantly push the boundaries, theorize and speculate, but what I have prepared for you may not altogether answer your question. And for your benefit, and that of others, I would like to introduce a new term, and rather than us speaking on this day of the Angels of the Churches per se, let us widen the term and refer to them as ‘the Angels of all the Teachings.’

“It is so often with your human vocabulary that when a term like ‘Churches’ is spoken of, and to those of you who are ardent students of the Text (5ER) that your interpretation of the concept is narrowed rather significantly, and, at best, you see in your mind a congregation of a specific denomination, a church building even, or a number of church buildings, perhaps.

“Now I want you to visualize your angelic friends of the Churches as those who ensure that the Teachings are not lost. Teachings, my friend, and they can be of the most exalted on your world, of Sikh, Christian, or Sufi teachings, and they may be no more than the nature worship of rocks, trees or animals. Indeed, the Angels of the Churches and their capable midwayer associates do promote these teachings of all kinds.

“‘Churches’ are there to ensure that the books are read, the stories are told, the sermons are given, and the belief systems are not corrupted as they are passed on from mother to daughter, from father to son, from teacher to student, yet the angels will not judge the level of sophistication that they are at, only the purity of teachings, and from generation to generation, for that is their primary task.

“Just recently you enquired about your dear friend and his work with the Falun Gong, and I can assure you now that both Churches and Progress, as well as Science, Medicine and the Arts are represented (and hard at work) by the angels, artisans, specialist teachers and midwayers in the movement – the oh so promising movement that is the Falun Gong.

“Even among those of the old faith of ancestor worship, the aspects of truth, conviction, and belief traditions were promoted from one generation to the next, and from the blue sky ‘prayer houses’ of the Mongolian steppes, to those of the visionary cults who dwell in the dense-forest ‘cathedrals’ of the Amazon, we were and are there as ‘Churches’ to promote the continued acceptance of those belief systems. As well, we were and are there as ‘Progress’ to promote the higher truths whenever they may be learned or intuited.

“And so it is with the beliefs of the Tibetan nation. No matter the prayer wheels, the prayer flags and banners, you will find those there who are most sincere and deeply devout. And it is not (up) to us to frown upon the idiosyncrasies of any such credos that even include some strange notions from your own Christian history. And, yes, you will find us there, too, to promote all that is good and beautiful, and to ignore the erroneous, but to awaken to higher truths when appropriate.

“So to your question: The mention of Spirit Selves transferring great amounts of specific and often also mundane information as in the case of the Dalai Lama hierarchy is indeed along the lines of Thought Adjuster exchange as it is customary with older and younger members of the Reserve Corps. It is up to the Thought Adjusters to indicate, and with the foreknowledge with which they arrive from Divinington, which new personality is to take over from the old and dying.

“It is up to the likes of Dr. Mendoza and the many assistants to speed up the physical, mindal and spiritual development of this preordained individual, and to re-enforce the specific aspect of knowledge and recognition of facts that are important for the human associates on their long and guided journey to receive confirmation that, indeed, this new, immature personality is in fact the destined one to take over the task.

“It behooves you to realize that in the Paradise existence the past and future merge into the ever-present, and that these things can be foreknown, even to the need for a specific new personality to turn up in time to take over the lead from the old, and to keep alive the teachings of one generation for the benefit of the next.

“It takes no great imagination to visualize the utter chaos that would ensue if the older generation neglected to pass on their spiritual heritage to the next. No, indeed, neither you nor I could imagine the absolute bedlam that would therefrom result, but these things are foreseen and ‘Paradise-generated data’ and advice is received by our angelic associates and through them passed onto us midway creatures more often than you take a breath.

“Suffice to say that the old teachings are well guarded by ‘Churches,’ and that all further truths, as they are realized, are capitalized upon by ‘Progress.’

“Suffice to say that only the most advanced-in-experience Thought Adjusters will volunteer to indwell the minds of such exalted leaders of the minds of men.

“I thank you, my dear brother, for staying the distance with me. We fared moderately well with this ‘new stuff,’ as you will put it. This is Andrea, and I send my love to all who will hear our words.”

© 11:11 Progress Group.
Toujours au Service de Michael.

11:11 Angels
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

"Once the High Lamas have found the home and the boy they believe to be the reincarnation, the boy undergoes tests to ceremoniously legitimize the rebirth. They present a number of artifacts, only some of which belonged to the previous Dalai Lama, and if the boy chooses the items which belonged to the previous Dalai Lama, this is seen as a sign, in conjunction with all of the other claimed indications, that the boy is the reincarnation."

The immensity of this Dalai Lama tradition (not just this search for the boy) suggests that "outsiders'" facts and perspectives will have little influence on the tradition and its ceremonies ... at least for many decades if not centuries. ;)

Rod
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Rod,

Yes I saw a movie a long time ago or a documentary,,,?? and they showed the search and finding of a Dali Lama,,,just as you mention. quite interesting!

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Wow!!! PP that is awesome! An utterly amazing synchronicity! I am tingling all over! :sunflower:
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

really eh!! blew me away too!!

pp xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Veronique
Busy Bee

Post by Veronique »

Thank you for your replies dear friends, you have given me more than enough material to keep the little wheels in my head turning a while longer on this topic. I am always amazed by synchronicity, serendipity, all those things that are always at work and part of something so much bigger than us. I love it :loves
Véronique
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Me too :shock:

and it's been interesting to talk with some other friends who have UB knowledge also...the other night it took us to reading about the TA...

I know I wouldn't have understood it 10 yrs ago,,,so I guess I am 'progressing' after all...

love and blessings...pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I know what you mean, PP. The first time I read the forward it seemed like the most complex crazy thing I had ever read...But then years late I went back and read it again and Lo and behold, I understood it!!!! :shock: :bana:

Isn't progress grand! :mrgreen:
love,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:sunflower: :sunflower: Grand Indeedy!! :sunflower: :sunflower:

xoxo pp :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

As I am late in I am impressed you found George's transmit that answers how and why the Dalai Lama is able to pass the test. By the way that explanation is in my book. Amongst a great many others.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Geoff,
As in most things,,,I didn't "find" it,,,I was led to it,,,

the interesting thing was that I was led to it before I read V's question......

at least when I read V's question,,,then I knew why I had come across those messages and I had copied them to Word and had them minimized,,,hadn't even filed them away....and was wondering,,,now why would I do that...

the answer (or question) wasn't long coming...

Blessed in being a conduit...at times...and another thing to be gratelful for.

pp :sunflower:
Daily Affirmation: