A Little Thought from Millie

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

A Little Thought from Millie

Post by Welles »

Millie has become a friend (albeit at a distance) and sent me this little essay she posted on FaceBook beccause she knows I don't 'do' FB.

A Little Thought from Millie — by Millie Mestril Parmer

The other day I took some shoes to a little elderly man with dementia. I walked in with the sneakers and told him that they were for him. His only pair broke completely the day before and he threw them away. Walking around in socks, he stood there staring at my hands holding the shoes. He lit up like a child in Christmas morning. “They are for me?” He smiled widely, immediately taking a seat on his unmade bed while trying to untie one of them to place on his feet. His sweet hands shook as he tied the laces. “These are nice. I might have to sleep with them!” His voice was full of gratitude as his slow movements helped settle his weight into them. He walked carefully back and forth, gentle steps holding my hand and a twinkle in his blue eyes. Life was magnified through this moment. I have so much in life to surf through waves of gratitude.

We are used to having too much. A pair of shoes for someone without any is the lifeline to walking. A jacket for a homeless in the cold is what sustains them. Socks for someone who has non is like giving them an opportunity to survive the winter. We are a society with too much materialism and not enough gratitude. We sustain ourselves and egos based on what we don't have and should have. We want more while doing less.

Next time you open your eyes feel the breath of life in your lungs. You woke another day. When you get up from your bed be grateful for having a safe place to sleep. When you go to the bathroom be aware of running water, a toilet, and toiletries. As you dress remember the feel of having clothing on your body. When you go make your coffee or breakfast feel the essence of having food. And when you complain about having to get to work think of all those who don't have this privilege. Life is measured in simple terms when we break down the royalties of gratitude.

I am forever blessed for all that I have, all that I've lost, all that I've gained and all that I continue to create in my life. Bitching and complaining are choices. You get to decide your blessings each moment. Don't let hurt, disappointments, or an attitude of victimization cloud the reality. You are the greatest illusionist in your life. Imagine and manifest grace and greatness. Have a blessed day, my friends. Make today count as a divine sanction.

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: A Little Thought from Millie

Post by Sandy »

Ahhh Welles! That is exactly what I needed tonight. Thank you so much! What a wonderful post! :kiss:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Thank you Millie,
Even the banana I ate for breakfast, just a few moments ago, makes me feel such gratitude, because I certainly do not live in the land of bananas.

I had a friend called Milly who has been home now for quite some time. So when I read this msg it was like Milly saying hello.
Love and blessings, pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Welles,
I always appreciate these reminders of what is truly important. Thank you.

PP,
You have no idea how long I contemplated the land of bananas you do not live in! :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :mrgreen:

Love to all,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.