Flowered Dresses from the Flour Mills

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Flowered Dresses from the Flour Mills

Post by Welles »

This has to be my favorite story today, maybe this whole week. I've been poor in material terms most of my adult life (it was a conscious choice so in a greater sense I've never been poor at all). I made my own clothes at one time, too.

Flowered Dresses from the Flour Mills: A Story of Kindness — by Kindness Blog

http://kindnessblog.com/2015/05/06/flow ... -kindness/

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Re: Flowered Dresses from the Flour Mills

Post by Sandy »

That was wonderful!!! I love the bright colourful sack cloth and wish they still sold it in this manner. Yet, that would be an enormous amount of flour for most of us who buy our bread rather then make it ourselves. I remember my grandmother had a certain day of the week where she baked all the many loaves of bread she needed for the week. With a family of 12 you can imagine all the bread they went through. :shock: My mom used to make all the clothes for the family when we were young. Yes, we looked very much like the kids in one of the photos with all of us sporting the same style and fabric. We were so proud of the clothes she made though... Bless her...I'm afraid I dropped the "sewing ball" as I never learned very well the ins and outs of the work. I did try my tiny little hands at making clothes for my barbie dolls but quickly decided the "Greek Toga look" was in and that would suite them just fine. :lol:
Thanks for sharing this, Welles. It was nice to reminisce about long ago times.

Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Re: Flowered Dresses from the Flour Mills

Post by Welles »

Sandy wrote: I did try my tiny little hands at making clothes for my barbie dolls but quickly decided the "Greek Toga look" was in and that would suite them just fine. :lol:

Image Very practical!

Welles