Game of Life

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-man78
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Game of Life

Post by I-man78 »

I have been thinking of this lately how this world is just a game. If it is indeed a game & played as such, then how does being truthful balance out in it? You always hear, "I hate when they play games." Or "Why does my boss, women etc like to play games?" Here is another example.

I called my cable company a few times to see how I can lower my bill. I never said I was going to cancel any part of the service. I did the math & called back awhile later. I told them I want to cancel just the cable but keep the phone & internet. They gave the phone to the manger, lowered my bill & keep all 3 services. I talked to a few people afterwards & they go, "Yea, that's what you got to do." I said, "I guess that's the game you have to play." and they go, "Yea or they won't do anything." I wasn’t looking for them to lower my bill. That’s what happened though.

If you are playing a game then you are not being truthful. You just want to see how far you can push the envelope & seeing who blinks first. If you went around & told the truth to everyone on how they are acting or being no matter what the circumstance, then you look like an A-hole. I understand life is a game but where is the balance?
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Game of Life

Post by Sandy »

Hi I-Man,
While I am glad you got all three services at a lower price I can commiserate with you at the method needed to achieve that. So if they can offer a product at a lower fee why is it only the assertive ones get the benefits? This is sort of like buying a car... you've got to play the game and that one I might add, I stink at. :lol: I like things, people, objects etc... to just be straight forward and there are bunches of us out there that feel that way.

But while I believe a person should be true to themselves I don't think that gives them license to neglect the inner voice of compassion, kindness, understanding, caring etc... simply to assuage the need to speak their mind, vent or to be "right."

I read at another place a couple years ago where several people were giving justification to their own mean statements...Well, that may be how they feel at the time, but my view is that as enlightened humans we should always consider the feelings of those hearing or seeing the words that we write. There is no justification in being rude or cruel, thinking "Words cannot harm anyone. Well I know for a fact that they can and they can have life long ramifications too. So why add to another person's burden simply because you want to let it all hang out... Frankly physically that is called "flashing" and mentally/emotionally it is called "trolling" or some derivative of it. :lol:
As you can see, rightly or wrongly, I have strong feelings about this.
Maybe, I take those old Biblical passages to heart that state that words can be poison. We all know that poison can kill and so can words!

Still maybe we all have to be responsible for ourselves... no use telling anybody how they should or shouldn't be... how they should do this or that when truly, in my own case, I have no room to talk. :lol: Maybe it is more effective if I/we walk the walk and talk the talk... then I/we too benefit from our own changed attitudes. :roll :)

It's good to see you on the board I-Man. You've been missed!
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-man78
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by I-man78 »

HI Sandy

I agree, no one should neglect that inner voice within reason & be should true to themselves. As long it's for positive. I know people play games not in the intention of hurting anyone, but to test the waters. It will be an on going learning process.
rogerkrupa
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by rogerkrupa »

Words can hurt and they can hurt very badly. Life is much more than a game, but if you want to win you must listen to your inner spirit. God is at the very core of your being and He is pure love. Don't let anyones misguided opinion ruin your life. I have always hated the song "Head Games."
I have not been around here for a while, but I am never gone. I love you all.
We don't inherit the world from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

((((((((Roger)))))))
You wrote:
I have not been around here for a while, but I am never gone. I love you all.
You have no idea how those two sentences comfort me this morning. We love you too!

Hey I-Man,
I know people play games not in the intention of hurting anyone, but to test the waters. It will be an on going learning process.
for me too... it eats away at open hearted trust doesn't it, when one has been subjected to someone else's head game. Still sometimes it is unintentional I suppose and there are bunches of pretty good people out there... I am remembering something that happened to me about a year ago when I was happily doing my lone morning walk. It has, unfortunately, given me excuse to give in more readily to my natural "hermital" (How do you like that word? LOL) instincts which I had been working hard to overcome. After considering your all's posts and where the thoughts have taken me, it seems I will truly do myself a big favour if I work a little harder to overcome and put "Robert's gift"(long story) back to good use.
Love to you both,
Sandy

XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.