OMG, they are restarting the machine....

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

OMG, they are restarting the machine....

Post by I-AM »

Oh My God!

They are restating the machine. CERN. The Hadron Collider. Improved. More powerful.

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2 ... back-track

Last time they accelerated protons slightly over the speed of light. And we are still here.

Somebody please tell them protons do not like to get smashed against each other at the speed of light!

:duh
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: OMG, they are restarting the machine....

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Robert,
Interesting that Stephen Hawkings considers this a bad idea. little scary.

This is sort of interesting... http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2 ... ence-force I was looking for more information on CERN and stumbled into this article.

This one too... http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article ... et-project

XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy, yes. They discovered the Force after spending billions of euros.

And all they needed to do was to go to the cinema and watch Luke Skywalker telling them the same thing... :hithere

Somebody should accelerate these scientists and smash their heads against each other at the speed of light. I would love to hear them describing how they felt while disintegrating into quarks and antimatter... :evil:

Meet the boss of CERN... 8)

I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy, actually, the Force article was April Fools article. It was a joke. Published April 1.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for that, Robert! I am so easily taken for a ride... gullible for sure.
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Ha ha. I was at a dinner party with a fellow who happened to be one of the keynote speakers when they first launched CERN. I wasn't aware of that. :D During the dinner a young woman who is a brilliant musician asked about the hadron collider and God Particle. To make it comprehensible to someone with a great intelligence in a different direction I told her it was just a bunch of guys blowing things up to see what they are made of, a classic materialistic scientific technique. The diner who was trying to live in the reflected power of his connections got very huffy and said that there was a great deal more to it than that. I replied of course they have to spin out vast tales and theories to obscure the basic fact of their fascination with things that go boom to justify billions. There was a bit of a chill at the table for a bit. Oh well...
:bana:

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: Oh Welles I would have loved to have been a mouse at that dinner table. :lol:
((((((HUGS)))))
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

The machine is now spinning. May God have mercy on us and ultimatons successfully hold this planet in one piece while those crazy scientists do their crazy act... 8)

Beam 1, the second to circulate this morning, is successfully through all sectors of the LHC! The startup is complete!

http://run2firstbeam.web.cern.ch/
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Welles wrote:Ha ha. I was at a dinner party with a fellow who happened to be one of the keynote speakers when they first launched CERN. I wasn't aware of that. :D During the dinner a young woman who is a brilliant musician asked about the hadron collider and God Particle. To make it comprehensible to someone with a great intelligence in a different direction I told her it was just a bunch of guys blowing things up to see what they are made of, a classic materialistic scientific technique. The diner who was trying to live in the reflected power of his connections got very huffy and said that there was a great deal more to it than that. I replied of course they have to spin out vast tales and theories to obscure the basic fact of their fascination with things that go boom to justify billions. There was a bit of a chill at the table for a bit. Oh well...
:bana:

Welles
Yes. They spent billions and now have to justify the expenditures. That is why they will continue to spin the machine. To justify the expenditures.