True shape of Orion constellation

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

True shape of Orion constellation

Post by I-AM »

Interesting video. As all constellations we see in the sky, Orion is not what it seems to be.... :hithere

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: True shape of Orion constellation

Post by Sandy »

Hi Robert,
I must admit I was terribly distracted by that wonderful music. It took me back to being five years old and in my first (and only) ballet recital. Imagine a chubby little girl dressed in a bright red tutu waving her arms and dancing around to this music (along with a dozen others of the same age. :lol: ) I remember feeling like a movie star... LOL but there I go.... off topic again.

I will be honest with you I am not sure in this moment what the constellation of Orion is supposed to look like. I will watch it again, this time not allowing myself to be swept back to the past with the awesome music. ;)
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy, this is quite funny... :hithere

The music is The Waltz of the Flowers by Piotr Tchaikovsky, featured in The Nutcracker Ballet.

Here you can enjoy the whole piece performed by the Russian professionals from the Kirov Ballet School... :bike:

And this is how Orion Constellation looks like from Earth (not sure if it is visible in the southern hemisphere):

Also, Sandy, the entire ballet is available in high definition here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLoaMfinbU
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Sacreliege! Orion is Orion and no amount of 3D gimmickery is gonna change that! :roll That's the YouTube equivalent of saying Pluto isn't a planet! :stars:

But seriously... all the youthful teaching about the stars in the northern hemisphere always teaches the big dipper, little dipper, pole star, Orion and Cassiopeia because they are so obvious. I used to love them as a kid.

Welles
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Welles wrote:Sacreliege! Orion is Orion and no amount of 3D gimmickery is gonna change that! :roll

That is surely one way of looking at it... :bana:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Ahhhh...I just watched the beautiful dance and remembered in my heart that is the way I felt...I guess that is what is important. The funny thing is, the recital lives on in infamy as my dad preserved parts of it (the pieces of the Nutcracker recital that his girls were in, anyway) via 8 mm film. :lol:
Thank you Robert for providing these links to something so stirring and moving. Life is a beautiful dance and I will do good to remember that. :bana:
Love,
Sandy
((((((Welles and ((((((Robert)))))
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
aquacrystals
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by aquacrystals »

I loved this thank you. So tepid question, would Orion actually look like thing different Angles? I have always been obesessed with this constellation and even getting a tattoo of it. Never sure why I liked it so much. On watching thy video it turns to the letter k...which is what my name starts with :D
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

aquacrystals wrote:I loved this thank you. So tepid question, would Orion actually look like thing different Angles? I have always been obesessed with this constellation and even getting a tattoo of it. Never sure why I liked it so much. On watching thy video it turns to the letter k...which is what my name starts with :D
The video shows how Orion constellation looks like from various angles.

The camera starts at Earth, then travels in a huge circle of some 3,200 light years away and all around this constellation and returns back to Earth. So you see the Orion from all angles.