Felix's Broken Wing

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Felix's Broken Wing

Post by George »

Below is a picture of a Currawong in dappled sunlight.

There have been many years of association with animals with the help of Midwayers.

In 1947 my best pet was an Atlantic Murre while he recovered from being tar-soaked and having pneumonia.

The following year I got a young Golden Eagle to break his/her hunger strike... with Midwayer help.

In 1981 our dog was diagnosed by the 1,111 as being riddled with cancer.

In 2005 the Midwayers rescued our Parrot Fish. She was totally egg bound and ill that night -- back to normal the next morning.

There was plenty more.
:bigsmurf:
Welles
Family

Re: Reserved

Post by Welles »

Excellent depth of field in that photo. :!:
Welles
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

beautiful bird
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

Great pic! Looks like it's looking into the lens of your camera. I can't help but notice the red to the right of the bird. Cardinal feathers? Red linen??

The stories about the Midwayers and the animals along with that mysterious red in the picture reminds me of a bright red Cardinal that crashed into my front door and laid motionless for 5-10 minutes on its side looking like a goner. Then flew away like nothing happened to him about 15 minutes later.. I'll have to post the pic. I messed it up and it's very blurry but you can see
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Zach,
The red you see is probably a blossom of an Illawarra Flame Tree that are prolific in the Illawarra where we live. I would love to see a photo of the Cardinal you were telling me about, blurry or not. :D
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

Sandy I'm actually learning how to post it right now, lol. I don't understand computer coding all that well
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

https://bay177.afx.ms/att/GetInline.asp ... oneredir=1

That should be the Cardinal I was mentioning.
Not sure if the link above works for you guys
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Sandy I'm actually learning how to post it right now, lol. I don't understand computer coding all that well
I'm right there with you Zach! Even worse, I don't understand it at all. :lol:
It could just be me and my computer, but I wasn't able to view your cardinal photo.
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

I think it was my fault Sandy.
Maybe this one will work
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Yep, that one worked Zachary! Thank you. :D
Cardinals are such stunning birds. I am so relieved that this story had a happy ending!
love,
Sandy
Zachary
Old Friend

Re: Felix's Broken Wing

Post by Zachary »

Sandy, I just looked at pictures of the Illawarra Flame Tree. Never seen a tree like it, beautiful in color!

But does the Cardinal not look like a complete goner?? haahaha-- I love it and can only laugh because that little guy flew off, completely looking normal in everyway. I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it myself...

:mrgreen: Zach
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Zach,
I must admit if you hadn't told me differently, I would have assumed that poor little cardinal was a goner. I bet it was a great relief when it eventually flew away unharmed. :D
The flame trees are pretty. I also love the Jacaranda trees that bloom for nearly a month in November. They are the size of a maple or Oak and covered with stunning deep violet/purple blossoms.
https://www.google.com.au/search?source ... ees+photos
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

George interesting
There have been many years of association with animals with the help of Midwayers.
For years now I am graced by the presence of a solitary mocking bird. We often have a moment of stillness together, starring at one another and I feel there is a greater force behind this arrangement.
Interestingly, it doesn't have to be the same mocking bird... But it's always that particular type of bird. :study:
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

I had a visit from a Midwayer bringing me a squirrel -- "nuts for the squirrel, squirrels for the nut."

Bwahahahaha ! A mocking bird ? :)

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,
I often feel something akin to what you describe with your mocking bird friends with the magpies who come to visit me regularly. Its a good feeling to share something special with them.

Yes, George there is a bird officially known as a mocking bird. :) We had them in our area growing up in Tennessee. In fact, they are the Tennessee state bird. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=imag ... 52&bih=600

love,
Sandy
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

Thanks to the moderator that made my picture easily visible

Sandy, I find it funny you mentioned Jacaranda trees. When I type Illawarra Flame Tree in google a couple of purple blossom trees popped up near the top of the search. I wanted to say how I liked them!! but I didn't, and I'm glad you did
I would assume you have seen flame trees next to jacaranda's but not sure if they bloom at different times... wow. It is stunning! I wish my daily commute would include driving under and around those trees. I do get to see some really big and old oaks, even with history facts about them. But I'm a sucker for natures color

:colors: Zach
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Zachary wrote:I wanted to say how I liked them!! but I didn't,
hmm, curious:

Much as I like Jacaranda, they are not great when the dead flower lands on your car.

Hugs from the silent mod.

Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Much as I like Jacaranda, they are not great when the dead flower lands on your car.
:lol: I can just imagine. Back home we parked under large Maple trees and their windmill like seeds went everywhere. Really tricky to get out of gutter screening. :shock: But it sure is worth the aggravation for the shade and beauty they provide. I miss having large trees in the yard. Our landlord is anti trees on the property. :( On the bright side though, that does make it easier for me to mow.
xxSandy

Nice job "silent mod" ! :)
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

... and now for the rest of the story ... (channeling Paul Harvey :roll )

http://www.1111angels.net/index.php/mes ... roken-wing

Welles
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

George wrote:I had a visit from a Midwayer bringing me a squirrel -- "nuts for the squirrel, squirrels for the nut."

Bwahahahaha ! A mocking bird ? :)

Heheh George. Squirrels for the nut huh ? I wonder which midwayer that was with :P
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

:) The Chief! Oh, yes!
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Isn't that the same squirrel that nipped your finger in your Akashic Construct, George? :lol:

Welles...I always love Paul Harvey. I could here his voice when you posted...memories, of course. But it would be lovely to hear his voice again relating "the Rest of the Story" from the other side of "the veil" :)
hugs,
Sandy
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Isn't that the same squirrel that nipped your finger in your Akashic Construct, George? :lol:
It hopped up on my desk right in front of me, so I grabbed it.

It bit me in the soft flesh between my thumb and index finger of my left hand. That hurt !!! Man, did that hurt !!!
I let go of the critter and checked ... nothing to be seen. Not a drop of blood. Nothing :)

It still has me wondering.

Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

Much as I like Jacaranda, they are not great when the dead flower lands on your car
I saw pic's of the dead flowers covering entire yards... couldn't help but think they also paint the roads as you drive over them :ncool:
The Chief! Oh, yes!
That is really not surprising!!! :cheers:

I also was bit by a squirrel. Only, I was not in a construct. I saw the little fellow get ran over by a car and squirm his way off the road. His back area/legs in particular. It crushed me to see at my age of 10, I had to try to help. So I put on gloves and brought him home. After setting him down, I went to go pick him up again (with leather gloves on) and it turned around in my hand and clinched on to the top of my index finger, the section closer to my knuckle. It bit through the glove and penetrated through the little meat in that area--straight to the bone. I still have a tooth-mark scar there that looks exactly like a squirrels tooth. Haahaha!
The little guy ran off after that, moving better than I've ever seen after watching his legs/back getting squished. Surprisingly, the only visible damage was the inability to move his back legs. I hope he recovered, or adapted to his injury.
The story isn't all that great but I think the relocation from the side of the road to the woods he ran off to provided better survival potential :finger: