Transhumanism: The Downfall of Humanity?

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Yoder777
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Transhumanism: The Downfall of Humanity?

Post by Yoder777 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzUI8hkwo

Though I do not share the Biblical literalism of the filmmaker, the philosophical questions raised by transhumanism are alarming. Humans are merging with technology in the name of progress, but technological advancement and human progress are not one and the same.

If we lose our humanity in the pursuit of perfecting it, how will that be inherently good? Did the poetic language of Biblical prophecy try to warn us of what will happen when we use technology to become gods? For example, if a bar code or computer chip will be needed for all buying and selling, how will we know that we've not accepted the mark of the Beast?

Though I believe that using technology to prolong life and end suffering are noble goals, we should be mindful of how evil may ultimately play a role in corrupting what initially seems like good after it's already too late to stop it. Though the Urantia Book promises a positive future for humanity, we shouldn't be surprised when sinister forces create roadblocks along the way, even while promising to be working in our best interest.

This article also illustrates some of the philosophical and spiritual implications of transhumanism:
http://www.urantiabook.org/daniel-love- ... rst-things
Welles
Family

Re: Transhumanism: The Downfall of Humanity?

Post by Welles »

Transhumanism isn't alarming so much as pathetic. It's the last gasp to create a material God by people who jam all their energy into their minds in an attempt to escape the mass of insecurities in which they really live.

I wanna freeze my head and come back 100 years from now. Bwahahaha. I'll rule! Sheesh. :roll:

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Living in a bubble the way I do, lol I had never heard of transhumanism. :shock: And now, after reading your post and the article, Yoder, I think I was better off. ;) :lol:
Have a good day you guys.
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi yoder, thank you for the post. i watched the full video today. it was hard to understand. the information relayed seemed disorganized. it was still interesting. around 45 minutes in they finally brought up the idea of transhumanism. to me they took this concept as a way to sell a radical opinion concerning the end times... well, their truth. but their truth came with a lot of fear in the mix. if my truth and the filmmakers truth were the same, then i'd say that fear is justified. but i simply don't agree with everything in the video. like the lady who shared her ayahuasca story, the narrator said he believed an evil entity possessed her and filled her with deceit. saying that it lead her to the truth(by guiding her to the tree) but later had her pray to anything but god. giving thanks to the universe and for all of life seems like it would bring ones attention closer to god....
anyways i don't want to steer away from your original inquiry.... to answer your question....

transhumanism = the downfall of humanity ? who knows ? if anything, i think it's another chapter in the story that is mankind. it is what makes being human worth while. to take an idea and make it into a reality. we want to create and understand. we thrive on substance.. these idea's we're discussing now, are already in the making. what good is it to live in fear of what is happening now or of what is to come ?

i do feel this video is a great way to raise awareness and even have the viewer question his or her own reality... but ultimately, what can you or i do about it now ?

ps... i didn't get to read the last link you posted but will try to take a look at it when i can... for fun, i wanted to share this website with you
http://www.futuretimeline.net
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

I just read this excellent article on Transhumanism. It is a worthwhile viewpoint to consider.

Transhumanism: The Anti-Human ‘Singularity’ Agenda

http://consciousreporter.com/technology ... ty-agenda/

Welles