United States Marine asked to leave Walmart

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
murlin99
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

United States Marine asked to leave Walmart

Post by murlin99 »

One of my daughter's friends who is not on active duty right now because of a foot injury was tasked with a recruiting assignment. His commanding officers set this up at the Walmart in Celina, Ohio. After he arrived he went to the manager to make sure everything was ok they told him it was all setup, no problem. The orders for recruiting like that are to not annoy the customers just stand there and wait for people to stop and ask you questions.

As the story from this Marine and his parents go one customer complained about him being there in full dress uniform because it upset them and he was asked to remove his uniform or leave. He went home and changed into civilian clothes and stood in the same place and no one ever said a word.

Now.... I do not agree with war or many of the things that our government does with the military. But they do protect our country and freedoms. When they are sent away on missions they are only following orders. If they were given mission orders and refused to go that would be like telling your boss that you are sick of doing his work and you want to just get paid for sitting at your desk and doing nothing.

Again I do not agree with war but the wars are started and escalated by our government not the soldiers themselves. I had 5 uncle's in the military, 3 Army, 1 Airforce and 1 Marine that retired after 30 years of service to this country. 4 of them spent time in Vietnam and 3 of them came back with severe psychological problems. One of them still has kicking and screaming nightmares about the things that happened over there. Yet they come back and as they get off the boats they are cursed at, spit on have things thrown at them, it was not their fault they were there it was the government yet the short sighted people want to take it out on the soldiers for doing the job they were ordered to do.

I know there a few members here that have family and friends in the military so I wanted to vent my disgust with this situation here.
The whole story is here with family and friend's comments from the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&fref=nf

--Bryan
Sandy
Staff

Re: United States Marine asked to leave Walmart

Post by Sandy »

I'm sorry to hear this, Bryan. I understand your sentiments posted on this thread. I believe all people should be treated with kindness compassion and respect. The young man was the same whether he wore a formal military uniform or clothes of a civilian. Underneath the 'trappings" is someone worth knowing... and he didn't deserve the disrespectful attitudes of the Wal-Mart management.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Re: United States Marine asked to leave Walmart

Post by happyrain »

Bryan,
hi...
i just wanted to share my opinion... as the naive 26 year old posting form his humble abode.
First, i think you should know most everyone on my dads side of the family was in the military. Much like your family, i have family members with memories that leave them with... regret. But not of vietnam instead, it's of the Korean War.

with that said.. I've briefly read your article. Don't you think this belongs in the current events topic ? The most important message I wanted to deliver from everything you've shared is... After reading it all... I don't care to much for this whole thing... I don't meant to be offensive, your certainly have a point... It's just more drama thrown into the pot, this specific story... I think it's great you're passionate about such things. For some reason, this seems petty to me. Sorry to sound offensive... Again, these are just my opinions.
The other thing I wanted to mention is... I've noticed a lot of bold comments on that facebook page you've submitted.
For me, it's hard to post anything online.. I'm surprised how many facebook users, with pictures of their children and families, are insulting one another with such vulgarity... To think, the boldness & comfort of ones own home provides behind a monitor of anonymity- at least, that's how it seems most people feel now days making their comments... Should I be offended ? Certainly not.. I'm just perplexed in accepting the shortcomings of our genuine nature- albeit this has helped me grow as a person... But this isn't something I plan on discussing publicly !!

:roll:

Anyways... Thank you for sharing.. Oddly enough, despite my feelings of disagreement with the whole situation... You've given me a lot to think about.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity