Mixed Music

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
murlin99
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Mixed Music

Post by murlin99 »

I had mentioned in a post a few weeks ago that I had mixed some trance like music in the past. Well this past weekend the hard drive on my iMac bit the dust, crashed, never to be recovered and I lost all of my samples and tracks that I had mixed for the past 7 years. That was a major sad face moment :( . I was able to replace the hard drive with one much smaller, the only spare drive I had, 160GB. Sadly only have bits and pieces of my work had been backed up. Then I remembered that back when I played World of Warcraft I had mixed one of the tracks into a video I made during a Warcraft battle. This was a work in progress when I uploaded it to youtube so in places the track shifts quickly without correct transition but I always thought it was not too bad for using a hobby level mixer... If I had Logic Pro X I could rock it out but at $200 + another $400 for the pro sample packs I can not justify the cost at this point since I am not doing this for a living just as a hobby. Though I would like to get out of IT and do mixing.

So Here it is.

Peace and Happiness,
Bryan
happyrain
Family

Re: Mixed Music

Post by happyrain »

neat murlin :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Bryan,
What fun! :bana: It looks like mixing allows you to use a creative side and it truly enhances the battle scene. Well done, I enjoyed that!
I am so sorry to hear about your computer hard drive going down. Loosing 7 years worth of work has to be hard to take. Something similar happened to George once and for awhile it felt like a big disaster.
It wasn't until these kind of things happen that we realize how much we have come to depend on our computers. Glad you had something to fall back on. Here's to what you will create in the next seven years! :thumright:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
murlin99
Old Friend

Post by murlin99 »

Thanks happyrain and Sandy.
Though this video is on youtube I rarely share anything that I make because the logical side of my mind always tells me it is not good enough for anyone to hear even on youtube. I did find one more track that I had saved to my workstation at work. It is not so much trance mushc as a mix of pipe organ's and synthesizers. Some of the samples are the same as the previous since I had a limited amount of samples to work with but here is that one also. This one is not linked from youtube it is an mp3 linked from one of my websites.

Watch the volume when you start this one as it is a little loud, I never leveled out the volume before I rendered it into the mp3.

http://gedmap.com/TheHyperOrganSingle.mp3

As for what gedmap.com is. It is a genealogy addon site that will take your gedcom file and decode all of the locations that anyone in your family tree have been born, lived, or died and display them on a map. Just FYI incase anyone decides to go directly to gedmap.com just to see what it is. I love GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and genealogy so that is a project to combine them. I am working on V3 now which adds a lot more features.

Here is a link of a populated map if you are interested in looking at it http://gedmap.com/index.php?sessionid=1842b5a1593af7558

Peace and Happiness,
Bryan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for that! My chest has been hurting a bit all morning and I decided while I listened to just close my eyes and allow the music to carry me. With that, I found immediate relief and still feel good as I type. :D The sound was fine for me. I don't know if that means I have hearing loss or my sound in my headset already turned down. But I enjoyed your music as I always loved a pipe organ. ( brings back good memories of my former church)
I think you have a clean slate now where creativity is concerned. Without the previous work that has been lost, perhaps, you have new license to go with, a new flow wherever it takes you without the possibility of leaning on something already explored or offered. Perhaps even to the point that this computer crash could be a plus. I know...it wasn't my hard drive that crashed and you have every right to cry if you want to. (Oh dear now I am hearing that old song...don't know the name of it though.)
But you are so talented...I just know in no time you will have new offerings that will inspire all of us. ((((Hugs)))
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.