Astral City: A Spiritual Journey

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Yoder777
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Astral City: A Spiritual Journey

Post by Yoder777 »

Astral City: A Spiritual Journey Online
http://www.hulu.com/watch/364775/astral ... al-journey

This film, based on the visionary experiences of Chico Xavier, is surprisingly similar to the mansion worlds as described in the Urantia Book. Though there are some obvious differences, I wonder if Chico Xavier's visions were somehow in tune with truths that were later more fully revealed in the Urantia Book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosso_Lar_%28film%29

In Latin America, where Urantia Book concepts have been popularized by the novels of J.J. Benitez, Astral City has already been compared to the Urantia Book:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 6bih%3D471
Sandy
Staff

Re: Astral City: A Spiritual Journey

Post by Sandy »

I'm sorry Yoder. I just now tried to view the film but got the message that I was unable to view it outside the United states.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Yoder777
Old Friend

Post by Yoder777 »

This video shows some of the more memorable scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEanMc3Beqg
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

I had not heard of him, but he was certainly a prolific medium. I don't know if Wikipedia is a fair source, but it said this:
Wikipedia wrote:Xavier was born in the city of Pedro Leopoldo, State of Minas Gerais and is popularly known as "Chico Xavier" (Chico is the Portuguese nickname for Francisco). Xavier called his spiritual guide Emmanuel, who according to Xavier, lived in ancient Rome as Senator Publius Lentulus, was reincarnated in Spain as Father Damian, and later as a professor at the Sorbonne.
That tells me his spirit guide was not fused, and thus could at best describe the Mansion worlds up to and including where he resided. Naturally he would not know of the worlds beyond the Mansion World, and as I also explained in another post, it also means his path through the Mansion Worlds will not include 5 or 7. Nevertheless it would be interesting to read some of it. I also see he was a big supporter of Allan Kardec, and while I also enjoyed those books, they are not repositories of great truth. For example if I do recall correctly, in one of his books he explained how there are wars between the spheres. Yeah right. The only place you can find such a thing that might resemble "war" is in the lower astral planes, particularly in times like the last world wars, when the dark spirits try to "invade" both the earth and the higher astral planes.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Yoder777
Old Friend

Post by Yoder777 »

What do you think of how the Urantia Book says the dead do not contact people still living on this earth? Maybe I am misinterpreting it.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yoder777 wrote:What do you think of how the Urantia Book says the dead do not contact people still living on this earth? Maybe I am misinterpreting it.
That very subject has been raised by me here, and its a very touchy subject on this site. Telling those that choose to believe the Urantia book cannot have any error, that it has a blatant error, really upsets them. So I won't say any more.

hugs
Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey G,
Just for the record I never said or thought the Ubook can't have any error... Not really anyway. ;) I was more or less just trying to figure it out in a way where maybe we are all right. Besides, dispensations could have something to do with it and within a dispensations rules can be wavered for worlds and even on individual levels. Or of course the Urantia book could be wrong. I give you the fact that for many years people have been channelling past humans. Shoot even Wingizie visited us after she passed on. But please do not put a muzzle on your mouth. Discussions are important. :kiss:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Yoder777
Old Friend

Post by Yoder777 »

Matt Fraser is a twenty year old psychic medium and former EMT who is, to me, the sincerest and most compelling psychic medium that I've seen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SimplyPsychic/videos

I think that Urantia Book readers need to come to grips with the fact that the sleeping subject was, for all intents and purposes, a channeler. In his own writings, William S. Sadler even referred to him as a "channel," a term that many Urantia Book readers would resent today.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yoder777 wrote: I think that Urantia Book readers need to come to grips with the fact that the sleeping subject was, for all intents and purposes, a channeler. In his own writings, William S. Sadler even referred to him as a "channel," a term that many Urantia Book readers would resent today.
Yes that is quite correct. But Sadler was very opposed to mediumship, and I think his attempt to distance the Urantia Book from Mediumship allowed it to spread wider and faster than otherwise. But untruth is untruth, even if it gains an advantage. Its not the Celestial way.

And dear Sandy, you were not the folks getting real huffy. You were the peacemaker, as always. But I don't accept that it is a simple matter of "dispensation", but at the very same time, I have heard spirits saying "we cant tell you that" and so I would accept that for those at least trying to follow Father's Will, there are rules. And if you read Lees and Borgia, both those spirits had to "apply" to come through to earth, and in both cases had to wait till the moons aligned. (Sort of). I guess if the Urantia book had said "there are controls placed on spirits who wish to communicate with mortals on earth" I would have found that accurate.

hugs
Geoff