I never knew they were Aussies

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

I never knew they were Aussies

Post by I-AM »

Wow. For years I've been admiring a song sung in Czech by two famous Czech singers. It was released back in 1980's.

It was only yesterday that I discovered the song was originally written by a band called Air Supply.

And it was only today that I read on Wikipedia that the duo were Aussies.............. :bana:

Here is the Czech song I knew for years:

The Australian original:

In any case, this song is TIMELESS. Such a great piece of art.

Needless to say, it is an 1980 song beloning to the super 80's platinum collection! :hithere

I know, I am helplessly lost in the 80s... :bike:
I-AM
Family

Re: I never knew they were Aussies

Post by I-AM »

Folks, this is so amazing.

Imagine back in 1980 somebody telling the guys from Air Supply that there will be that thing called YouTube and that in 2012 (32 years later) there would be some amateur singers in the Czech Republic recording the Czech version of their song and posting it online for everybody to see and actually getting 455,000 views!

Insane progress has been made on Earth over the last 50 years or so. Insane.

Please do not laugh, they are amateurs and just learn how to make videos:

The video clip was shot on/near a bridge because the Czech version of the song is called "Bridges" and the lyrics speak about better building new bridges ahead of you than destroying the old ones behind you.
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Very nice!

Amazing how much has changed in the last 50 years compared to any other time in human history.

Love
Lucky
:happy
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey Robert,
Well you won't believe this but I was not allowed to view the Australian original LOL I was told that the poster had not made it available to view in my country. Oh well, I am enjoying the Czech version so much... who needs the original. ;)

I have fallen in love with the two young amateurs stiff movements and all. :D Music has the power to transcend words and I felt it in this song. Their voices complement each other perfectly. A glorious future for them I hope! :finger: :sunflower:
Thank you for sharing. My heart is singing in tune to the music this morning and that is a very good thing!
With Love,
Sandy

P.S ((((((((((((LUCKY)))))))))) Good to see you! :bana:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Hi Sandy,

A few more links to different original videos. Hope one of them works. The song is TIMELESS.

I absolutely love this live version with the symphony orchestra. A true masterpiece!

I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

LurkerAbyss wrote:Very nice!

Amazing how much has changed in the last 50 years compared to any other time in human history.

Love
Lucky
:happy
Yes, Lucky.

They've been showing the "80's - The Decade That Made Us" series on National Geographic recently and I was glued to the screen, reliving all those things once again.

The long forgotten stuff like "Cold War", "Iron Curtain", "Berlin Wall". The introduction of cell phones for super rich, new music etc. etc. etc. So funny.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((((((Robert)))))))))))
Thank you! What a song! I enjoyed listening to all three offerings, but I am with you...the last version with the orchestra was something very special! It brings back some great memories for me and makes me feel I can do almost anything.Why? LOL I haven't a clue. :mrgreen: But it's all good!
:sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy,

You should set up a free Spotify account on your computer, allowing you to listen to any song ever written.

I just listened to BeeGees - Mythology (a 4 CD set). The last, fourth CD contains 19 songs sung by your beloved Andy Gibb.

You would enjoy it so much, I am sure.

Just sent a PM to Geoff in this regard.

Robert
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Robert,
It's funny you should mention the Bee Gees as I found myself humming "Jive Talking" and even doing a wee bit of 70's style dancing this morning while I was doing some much needed jobs around the house. ( I know a scary vision for sure. :lol: ) The right music does seem to make even the worst jobs and ugly feelings pass with hardly a care in the world. So yes, I will mention this to George too and definitely look into Spotify. Soon I will be rocking with the Bee Gees again. :mrgreen:
Love,
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy wrote:Hi Robert,
It's funny you should mention the Bee Gees as I found myself humming "Jive Talking" and even doing a wee bit of 70's style dancing this morning while I was doing some much needed jobs around the house. ( I know a scary vision for sure. :lol: ) The right music does seem to make even the worst jobs and ugly feelings pass with hardly a care in the world. So yes, I will mention this to George too and definitely look into Spotify. Soon I will be rocking with the Bee Gees again. :mrgreen:
Love,
Sandy
Sandy,

Earth's complete music library is just a few clicks away! It truly is incredible. All genres.

Visit www.spotify.com

Create an account, install Spotify player to your PC. For free. Legally. (Free accounts hear advertising between the songs and songs are streamed in poorer (but still good) quality.)
In the player search "BeeGees - Mythology". Open the playlist. Scroll down. Select all the songs with Andy Gibb as the artist. Right click. Add to... New playlist.

A "Mythology" playlist will appear in the left column. Right click. Rename. "Andy Gibb". Open the playlist. Move the "Available offline" slider to the right. All those Andy Gibb songs will then download (in an encrypted form) to your PC and will no longer require any internet connection to play).

So easy to do.

On Spotify, I found all those sweet songs I used to listen to back in 1980's. They are all there waiting... :hithere
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Robert,
Thank you so much for the details on how to move the songs I love to an offline playlist since, as you know, computer time here is a premium and I must be so careful or the last week and a half before the new internet pay period commences is sheer torture. But on the bright side, at least we aren't experiencing huge bills because we have lived over our internet budget.
I hope to set it up this afternoon if my computer will cooperate. It is already beginning to show signs of "low energy" and we have a good solid two weeks to go. :lol:
I'm placing your instructions into "my stuff" for future reference because I know I will forget in a few weeks if time passes between downloads.
Love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Robert,
I remember that song. It's alright if your lost in the eighties. It's alright to be lost anywhere as far as music is concerned! I give anyone credit who can be brave enough to put their music out there. My daughter is a musician and makes home videos. She decided not to post the last one because her brother walked in front of the camera right after getting out of bed said, "Oh, hi..." looking scary sleepy without a shirt on. He didn't even know she was recording. He may not have even seen her... or heard her!

Sandy,
I didn't remember about your limited computer time. Next time I write just say, "Hi :hithere and bye :bike: !"

KIm
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,
You wrote:
Sandy,
I didn't remember about your limited computer time. Next time I write just say, "Hi :hithere and bye :bike: !"
It really is no problem as we aren't cut off it just slows way dooowwwwnnnn LOL and makes it nearly impossible to watch videos online or to navigate the web without pulling your hair out. (Obviously I need to work on my tolerance and patience. :roll: ) That is why I am usually cautious with videos and such. But honestly, no I have no problem chatting and in fact would probably not survive long, like a fish out of water, without my contact with all of you. :love So please chat away! :sunflower:
Hugs,
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Seeker13 wrote:Robert, I remember that song. It's alright if your lost in the eighties.
Yes, helplessly lost.

Now that I pay €5.99 a month for Spotify Premium account, you should see me browsing the world music library... :hithere

All genres.

From the unfamiliar 1893 version of Mahler's 1st Symphony (The Titan) to the lost pop music gems of 1980's like this one:

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Robert,
Apparently the video is not authorized in my country. :?

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I got to see it this time! :bana: ;) :mrgreen: I have to admit I don't remember this song but i was fun watching and listening to it.
Thanks Robert!
:loves
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Seeker13 wrote:Robert,
Apparently the video is not authorized in my country. :?

Kim
Try this one. Different video but the song is the same:

I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy wrote:I got to see it this time! :bana: ;) :mrgreen: I have to admit I don't remember this song but i was fun watching and listening to it.
Thanks Robert!
:loves
Sandy
It was a lesser hit. They had bigger hits.

Here is yet another 80's classic:

I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Isn't it interesting? Here we are in 2014 posting links to 1984 music. 30 years back in time.

I wonder how many people in 2044 will post links to 2010's songs by Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus... :roll Chances are.... none. :lol:

Am I not right, Mr. Stevie Wonder? (A 1984 song that has successfully passed the test of time, I dare to say.)

Backup link, should the first one not work in your country:

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Robert,

Stevie Wonder does stand the test of time. Although, maybe I'm just getting old, but the videos left me perplexed as to how they related to the lyrics. My husband is the five-second tune master. We've been going out to dinner for free for years because he's so quick to call a radio station with the correct title. Consequently our kids have a great appreciation for all different types of music. They are stymied when their friends don't recognize the old groups.

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi KIm and Robert,
Enjoyed both songs and videos... thanks! There's Nothing like an 80's classic or two to start a good day. :D
Although, maybe I'm just getting old, but the videos left me perplexed as to how they related to the lyrics.
I sort of related to the first Stevie Wonder video as I used to hear that song in my head when I needed a boost. Not sure exactly who was serenating me but the images flashed onto the odd shape in the video reminded me of flashes of things... places, people, geometric shapes etc, that can come for seemingly no apparent reason in meditation. And so, I wonder if these things belong to all of us regardless of our physical conditions. Spirit vision is not limited to what we know or can see with our physical eyes is it? I am thinking that is so but as with all things, I could very well be "off the mark" a bit.

love,
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

We are all black and white creatures. Michael Jackson is the best example. He has many, many terrible songs. But if you cherry pick, even he has produced some good stuff that is likely to stand the test of time.

Say, Say, Say (1983, with Paul McCartney)

One Day in Your Life (1975, I just love this song)

I Just Can't Stop Loving You (1987)

The Girl Is Mine (1982, with Paul McCartney, absolutely beautifu)

You Are Not Alone (1995, a true stunner)

And the masterpiece to complete this post:

Heal The World (1992, lyrics and music by Michael, truly the best piece he has ever written):

It is all about whether you want to see the cup half full or half empty. I could post many videos of his where he does stupidities, touches his genitalia while dancing to terrible music etc. It is what you want to see in him. The good or the bad. Everybody's choice.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Robert,
When first began connecting with spirit I often got a message via a song. Michael Jackson's, You Are Not Alone, was prompted for me on several occasions. Celine Dion's song, I'm Your Angel was prompted to me by being given the number and track it was on her CD in our CD changer.

Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

My computer is being slow again at playing videos so I will have to wait a few days to view them till the new internet service pay period.
I love getting these musical message prompts.
Love,
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Seeker13 wrote:Dear Robert,
When first began connecting with spirit I often got a message via a song. Michael Jackson's, You Are Not Alone, was prompted for me on several occasions. Celine Dion's song, I'm Your Angel was prompted to me by being given the number and track it was on her CD in our CD changer.

Kim
Wow. That is interesting. Thanks for sharing your prompts.

:bana: