Abundance

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

Abundance

Post by I-AM »

Totally off topic, but I just have to share this... 8)

This is what happens when you talk and send love to a cocktail tomato plant... :bana:

Tried to count them all. Stopped at 50 while staying in the upper half of the photo. So, I do believe there are more than 100 cocktail tomatoes shown on the picture below.

Before you ask, the variety is called Chicco Rosso. And no, there is no photoshoping or any image manipulation behind the photo. A 100% true shot... :hithere

Sandy, Sandy. If I had your garden and lived in an Aussie climate....................... :roll
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Abundance

Post by Geoff »

Yeah that is a very happy plant. Apparently as I read recently, if you are someone who loves their plants, as I am, those plants can tell if you are in distress, even 1000 miles away. Talk about connected!

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Uh OH! Robert, you would be so distressed to see my garden right now! It is in a very sad state of disrepair...and hmmm.... I now must take into account what you and Geoff have said and perhaps accept some of the blame. We were majorly attacked by worms and caterpillars of every description last summer and fall...a real sixties B-movie in the making! :shock: I'm afraid I lost heart and my garden reflects it. :(

But as I look at what you have done with one tomato plant...Goodness Robert! You could feed the world with just a bit more space! ;) :thumright: Maybe I should try again and this time give it a lot more love rather then my frustration.

love and hugs to both you "green thumbs"!
Sandy :geek:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Hi Geoff, nice to hear from you... :hithere

Sandy, Sandy!

They say a garden is a reflection of the inner well being of its owner.......... :bana: :bana: :bana:

Anyway, if I had your garden, there would be 20 weak sunflowers growing in it! Probably the best flower out there. Blooms from May to early November, continuously developing new side shoots with multiple flowers developing on them. And smells like heaven!

Look:

The main flower coming first:

The main flower is gone but the side shoots keep blooming:

A few artistic attempts to capture the flower's essence. Being an engineer myself, I believe this flower attracts me by its symmetry.

A hypnotic sunflower... :hithere

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Sandy, Sandy!

They say a garden is a reflection of the inner well being of its owner.......... :bana: :bana: :bana:
:lol: Oh boy, then I do need some prayers over here! ;) One of my problems is I am too sympathetic to the caterpillars. Just have a hard time killing them... I did try to talk them into not eating so much...but well, they have a job to do and it takes plenty of green energy to do it... :roll: :)
Oh wow! They do look the treat! I may plant herbs, lettuces, spinach and try turnips again as you can eat the tops and the root. We eat a lot of the green leafy stuff. Oh on a happy note.... A plant I was thinking was some type of wild kale turned out to be broccoli and is forming a head. So looks like we may actually pull something off this winter after all. :D

Thanks for the gorgeous photos...They are always inspiring to this gardener wannabe. 8)
That vase is beautiful buy the way!!! Is it locally made or did you acquire it on your travels?
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Just teasing, just teasing, Sandy

We don't have any caterpillars here. I am sure you are facing real menace that is difficult to handle and that you are doing your best.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: They are awfully cute menaces which is my problem... Although I imagine most gardners would think I am crazy! ( and they wouldn't be too far off. ;) :mrgreen: )
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

I forgot.

The vase I bought in Mostar, Bosnia & Hercegovina, couple of years ago. It features some Islamic motives etched on a copper.

The city is famous for its medieval bridge.

It got destroyed by a Croatian tank during the war in Yugoslavia in 1990's and was then rebuilt using the same stones retrieved from the river Neretva.

During our short stay there, I visited the Koski Mehmed Pasha Mosque (now a museum) and even climbed the minaret (seen on the photo above) to take a few pictures of the city.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi guys, just before my time of writing, one of my house plants was covered in ants! They'd
got in via a crack in the skirting board. Normally we don't have an ant problem, anyway I asked
them to kindly sod off and today there were just a couple wandering around a bit lost.
I'd never thought to pray and give a healing to my house plants, they're usually very healthy.

Great photos as usual Robert! I love those tomatoes. Our local fruit and veg shop are selling
them for €1:80 a kilo and I'm eating them by the bucket load every day. Also, I bought sunflower
seeds and the kids have scoffed the lot!!
ॐ LOVE Petra
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Wow!

Petra the Divine One, commanding the Mother Earth's creates by her word!

:bana: :bike:

If your plants are healthy, they only reflect your perfect health... :hithere

The sunflower shown on my pictures is not the ordinary sunflower (Helianthus annuus) but, as I wrote, the weak sunflower (Helianthus debilis).

I used to grow ordinary sunflowers only to find out that once the main flower is gone, the whole plant kind of dies off quickly. True, some ordinary sunflowers do produce side flowers and keep going for a while, however not to the extent a weak sunflower does. In fact, a weak sunflower can be a perennial plant in climates with winter temperatures staying safely above the freezing point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helianthus_debilis
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You are so right ,Robert, a weak sunflower would be perfect for our climate. George often talks about the Helianthus that his Mom planted and loved. I think he would enjoy having them about the house.
The city in your photo is gorgeous! At least this section you photographed is stunning. An artist would have a field day with the view!

Pet you would like the book, "Kinship With All Life" http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21874
I thought of you and the kids when I read it last year. something interesting happened not long ago. As I was practicing some of the ideas for communication with our rabbit, Stuart... I found myself seeing the world from his level and from his eyes for a brief few moments. You remind me of the author because the author did exactly what you did with the ants and they left him alone as well. 8)
Love,
Sandy
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Here is an Aussie vendor selling the seeds: http://www.diggers.com.au/shop/product/ ... WHITE.aspx

Or this one on eBay for basically nothing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Helianthus-D ... 3ce2275bea
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Robert!!! That's wonderful! It looks like we will get to have some Helianthus in our garden this year. :sunflower:
hugs,
Sandy
:bana: