6 Things Shy People Can Teach Us About Success

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

6 Things Shy People Can Teach Us About Success

Post by Welles »

I thought this article was worthwhile because nearly everyone has bouts of shyness.

6 Things Shy People Can Teach Us About Success — by Lindsya Holmes

http://www.dailygood.org/story/740/6-th ... ay-holmes/

Furthermore there is an interesting correlation between shyness and the introvert. I can't quite define it but here is a fine piece on introverts. I'm adding these here because many people who go inward toward spiritual growth may think of themselves in this light.

10 Myths About Introverts — by Carl King

http://www.carlkingdom.com/10-myths-about-introverts

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Re: 6 Things Shy People Can Teach Us About Success

Post by Sandy »

Food for thought. Thanks Welles!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Introverts & Spirituality — by Gregg Prescott, M.S

Post by Welles »

This is another point of view on the subject of introverts. It is similar in many ways to the perspectives found in the other posts of this thread. I fine multiple points of view on an given subject fascinating for they create a deeper understanding.

Introverts & Spirituality — by Gregg Prescott, M.S

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/09/27/i ... rituality/

Welles
Welles
Family

What Is Spirituality? And Are Introverts More Spiritual?

Post by Welles »

Here is another take on spirituality and introverts. I found it fascinating because the first part of the article provides an extremely clear description of spirituality. This is a great article.

What Is Spirituality? And Are Introverts More Spiritual? — by Mateo Sol

http://lonerwolf.com/what-is-spirituality/

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for that one Welles. I saw a lot of "good stuff" on the lonerwolf site...this one really struck a chord with me too.
http://lonerwolf.com/4-eccentric-ways-t ... -heal-you/
I'm ready to get out there and make a tree feel special! (and visa versa ;) :D )
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

14 Truths about Being an Introvert — by Sofia

Post by Welles »

OK this is sort of more of the same but there are some really interesting points of view amidst the 14 that weren't exactly addressed in the previous articles.

14 Truths about Being an Introvert (That Mainly Introverts Will Understand) — by Sofia

http://www.learning-mind.com/14-truths- ... nderstand/

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Welles! I enjoyed this one too. :sunflower:
love,
Sandy
murlin99
Old Friend

Post by murlin99 »

Welles,
I read that last post that you linked and this one hit my situation right on:
14. Socializing can be draining, but an introvert can love spending time with an extrovert. Opposites do attract, and one fulfills the other. There are things an introvert cannot do without an extrovert, and vice versa.

My wife is almost the exact opposite of me in this respect. Over time she was able to draw me out a little bit but not much more than small gatherings. I have always considered myself a watcher. I like to watch for a long time before I interact with anyone in a situation if possible. This lets me get a feeling for their personality, their mood, their current topic and many other attributes of this person. Normally when I switch employers and am around a whole new set of people I dont interact with many for about 6 months or so. This gives me time to figure out who is real and who is full of BS.

Even here, I lurked this board for a long time, probably close to 6 months before I ever put up my first post. I was trying to get a feel about everyone's personality, well at least the people that were actively posting at the time. Though you can not get the tone deflection that proves a point from the text of a post, a lot of times you can tell from writing style at least generally what kind of person you are dealing with.

At the job I am currently at I was drawn towards a guy named Edward. He seemed to be all up front, have his ducks in a row and knew where he was going. He is a web programmer, a very good one at that but at the same time was studying to be a licensed pastor. We would talk about everything from politics, to religion to the current state of the country, to programming and so on, pretty much any topic we could come up with. He never shot down my views or opinions and I never did his, we just discussed why we each held onto the belief's that we did. At one point I cursed a lot on a daily basis and after he got deep into religion and studying to be a pastor I asked him one day "Does my language bother you now that you are on your religious path." His reply was verbatim "No it does not and I would be more upset if you changed just because of my choices, you are you and I am me and that is the way it will always be." That is a rare person to find especially in the US these days. I was truly saddened when he took another job, but it was a much better move for him and his family. He moved about 100 miles away but we still chat a couple times per week. He did end up finishing his pastoral training and is now a licensed pastor who shares sermons with the current pastor of the church.

The point of the above paragraph was that he was an extrovert and I lean towards introversion, or as I said above, I am a watcher.. ;)

--Bryan
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Hey Bryan,

It really is nice to have you pop back in here, ya know? :hithere

Welles
murlin99
Old Friend

Post by murlin99 »

Welles wrote:Hey Bryan,

It really is nice to have you pop back in here, ya know? :hithere

Welles
Thanks Welles, that is nice to hear.
I did miss being away and thought about this place pretty frequently while I was away. I missed the deep insights that the regular posters are always willing to share and the generally friendly atmosphere. A lot of your topics are very deep and thought provoking my man and I have a lot of catching up to do which I will do over the next couple weeks. I also have some drafts started for some mind bending posts of my own which I hope to have one of them ready to post in the next few days, mainly focusing on the illusion of time and how it seems that at times science makes things more complex than they need to be... I love science, physics especially but sometimes I think they look too deep for simple answers.

Finally Happy Again,
Bryan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello you both!
Bryan sometimes we introverts can hide it pretty well "on paper" I suspect as I would have never suspected you were an introvert or I bet you me either. ;) I am an odd case, though, so I have a question, can a person be an introvert and an extrovert all at the same time?...well you know what I mean. I think I might be a closet introvert but when placed in social situations I generally behave a bit like an extrovert to the extent I appear peaceful calm holding up conversations and starting a few myself. ( and in reality I am peaceful and calm) Yet I still retain a fair bit of the "introvertism: :) as I prefer to watch, to listen to and to study those around me. I don't get that opportunity, social opportunities often these days. In fact, we were talking about this subject yesterday with the Mormon missionaries who are visiting us. (two lovely... well, 6 lovely young men as they are sort of interchangeable and we are not sure which two of the six will visit us every couple weeks. We laughed so much yesterday I couldn't help but smile at the "smile article" Welles posted today in misc... definitely did my heart good to have some belly laughs with some young men who remind me so much of my own boys. :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy