Wobbling moon - amazing

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

Wobbling moon - amazing

Post by I-AM »

I love this video!

It is the best demonstration of how our moon actually wobbles as it revolves around the Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRtZ89AMts#t=40 (click to watch it full screen in high definition on YouTube)

Bottom left you see how it tilts in 3D, upper left shows its relative positioon to us as the Earth herself rotates, while over the year you can see sun's shadow cast on Earth move as well; and to the right you see the moon's actual distance from Earth (ranging between 28 and 32 multiples of Earth's diameters - the main moon picture gets bigger/smaller accordingly).
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Wobbling moon - amazing

Post by Sandy »

Just look at that big beautiful rock up there! :bana: Love the video Robert!
(((((((HUGS)))))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

That is really something else, thank you for sharing Robert. Space has always been incredibly fascinating to me.

You know, with what we already know about the dramatic effects that the Sun and the Moon have on our planet Earth, I personally don't think it is too much of a stretch to insist that most of the planets and bodies in the solar system have an effect on our planet in some way. I think it is rather cynical and naive to presume otherwise.

There is something about the moon that simply captivates me every night I happen to be able to see it outside. I would probably look a bit funny if anyone saw me out there most nights.. standing there staring up at the stars and moon all the time, like seriously.

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

The mosquitos are out in force, here lucky, making it a little harder to do as you do here....
There is something about the moon that simply captivates me every night I happen to be able to see it outside. I would probably look a bit funny if anyone saw me out there most nights.. standing there staring up at the stars and moon all the time, like seriously.

But it looks like it is time for some bug spray! ;) :) Okay, I will try to talk them out of devouring me first, before I bring out the heavy artillery! :mrgreen:

The moon is worth whatever one faces in the depth of the night eh? :sunflower:
Love and hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Ah yes, that's true Sandy. Not to rub it in, but I guess a break from the mosquitoes is a reason I can be thankful for the season of cold and snow here!

Love
Lucky
:happy
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You know, not being a science major of any sort I do not know the reason for this, but some of the clearest nightime skies have occurred in the coldest of winter nights... I'm talking sub zero Fahrenheit here! :shock: At those times I would have loved to have stayed outside for hours, but all that would have been found of me would have been my frozen human shell the next day, with spirit soaring in the stars that caused the escape from mortal abode in the first place. :lol: (I'm in a strange mood tonight...must be hunger getting to me at long last.) (It has been a whole 3 hours since I had a nip of solid food. ;) poor me! :mrgreen:

Take care over there dearest Lucky. I must get George something to eat now, as well as, exercise my rabbit and forage for his supper too...
Have a lovely Saturday. :kiss: :hithere

:loves
Sandy