How to Think Like A Wise Person

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

How to Think Like A Wise Person

Post by Welles »

This article is a brief and concise description of some of the major characteristics noticeable in people who have achieved some degree of wisdom. If you're wise you'll read it… or mabe if you don't feel particularly wise you'll read it. Remember, wiseacres are not plots of land. :P

http://www.dailygood.org/story/607/how- ... dam-grant/

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Re: How to Think Like A Wise Person

Post by Sandy »

Remember, wiseacres are not plots of land. :P

:)
...and that's another great article! You gotta love that website! :sunflower:
Thanks for sharing it, Welles!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Thanks Welles! I quite liked that, and found it to be pretty on-the-money as far as my own ever-evolving perception of wisdom and what it is to be wise. An important thing it pointed out is how intelligence and wisdom are NOT one and the same, and I feel that, too often, this mistake is made.

As well, it seems humility is almost an inherent symptom of wisdom, yea? Those obsessed with knowledge and intellect are constantly striving to state and acknowledge their wealth of knowledge and intellect.. where the truly wise, it seems, are constantly assessing and re-evaluating their remaining wealth of foolishness and the *lack* of what they know. Just my two cents!

That reminds me, an age-old question for the wise here.. if it's a penny for your thoughts and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny? :mrgreen: :roll

Love
Lucky
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

LurkerAbyss wrote:
That reminds me, an age-old question for the wise here.. if it's a penny for your thoughts and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny? :mrgreen: :roll
Haha. :lol: The other penny is saved. As we all know "a penny saved is a penny earned". Each penny saved adds value to your future opinions.

Welles[/size]
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: You guys are cracking me up down here! :sunflower:
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.