Hello!!

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
ChildofGod
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Hello!!

Post by ChildofGod »

Hello. :hithere It's been a while since I last visited. I hope everybody it doing well.

I am still every much connected and working closely with my angels. I am working very closely with Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael. So grateful to BE!!

The Divine has gifted me with dreams and dates which help me to get messages for myself or others.
Love you all!!

Love :kiss: and light
Child of God :baby
I-AM
Family

Re: Hello!!

Post by I-AM »

ChildofGod wrote:Hello. :hithere It's been a while since I last visited. I hope everybody it doing well.

I am still every much connected and working closely with my angels. I am working very closely with Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael. So grateful to BE!!

The Divine has gifted me with dreams and dates which help me to get messages for myself or others.
Love you all!!

Love :kiss: and light
Child of God :baby
Hello Eternal Child!

Welcome back! Any messages to share with us?

Robert
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

((((((((((LIZ)))))))))))
Hello! It is good to see you again and to know that you are doing well! :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Liz :D

:alien: :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Liz,

I'm also not on the board as much as I used to be, but it's great to hear that your doing well.

Cheers,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

(((((((DADDY-O!!!!)))))
I think of you often up there in Queensland. I hope you and the family are well? :hithere
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Sandy,

Thanks! We are all doing well here in QLD.

Hope all is going well for you and George, down in your neck of the woods.

love,
Daddy - O
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Daddy-O,
We're good down here... had a nice long walk today and I was impressed with George's ability to do it with few stops this time. He's getting better and better!!! So I'm on top of the moon! :bana:

Hey, isn't it about time to dust off our copies of 'Planes Trains and Automobiles'. ? ;) :lol: Thanksgiving is upon us! My favourite of all the holidays...even though now it is just G and me. :sunflower:

hugs,
Sandy
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Wow, you sure do have a great memory :D .

Thanks for the reminder. I'm ashamed to admit it, but Thanksgiving has kind of snuck up on us this year and kind of caught us off guard :( .

That DVD is floating around the house somewhere :finger:

love,
Daddy - O
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I'm ashamed to admit it, but Thanksgiving has kind of snuck up on us this year and kind of caught us off guard :( .
Same here. :shock: Usually I am planning the dinner several weeks ahead but I didn't do the math on the Calendar and so I am just "winging it". We just picked up a turkey today. Hopefully, I can get it thawed and ready to roast by Thursday.(poor little thing) :finger:
xxSandy
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

So nice to hear from Liz and Daddy-O!

Aaaand now I feel the urge to bust out Planes Trains & Automobiles very soon, even though I think I just watched it in the last few months!

I also forgot about Thanksgiving coming up, as it already happened a month ago here in Canada! Any personal touches and tricks you guys have for your turkey preparing and cooking?

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Lucky! :hithere

I forgot that the Canadian Thanksgiving falls a little earlier then the US version. I hope you and your family had a wonderful and special time together. :D

As for the turkey preparations...I am probably not the best person to ask as a couple years ago I followed the directions on the turkey bag here and practically drowned the poor thing. (served me right ;) ) I have never been very good at making it beautifully golden brown or glazed, but I do, for the most part, keep it from drying out with an old trick. I stuff the cavities with a combination of chunked onion and apple. (Obviously this would only work if you are not planning to stuff the bird with some type of bread stuffing.) You do not eat these things but they help to keep the breast meat moist (poor little thing) The apples should be cored and seeded so you don't get apple seeds where you don't want them. No problem with the peels though, you can leave them on.

I could use some ideas for vegetable side dishes! I am the worst in this area, in fact, it is usually an after thought. :(
I've got to lighten everything up for G this year...His blood sugar is running a little on the high side so we are trying to really watch what we eat not just watch it go into our mouths. ;) :lol:
Hugs everybody!
XX Sandy
LurkerAbyss
Family

Post by LurkerAbyss »

Sandy :kiss:

That is quite an interesting tactic with the apples and onions. Who would've thought that this could add a much-needed (don't tell my mother that) moisture? Now, I'm wondering, since I've never made the dinner myself, and I may be wise but not exactly smart about some things in this life.. is being stuffed inside of the turkey a necessity to making stuffing, or can it be made in a way on the side?

Love
Lucky
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Lucky,
LOL I've made my share of dry as a desert turkeys. sometimes it seems you can do everything supposedly right and still come out with a substance that must be drowned in gallons of gravy to make it palatable. I think it is the "turkey's revenge" and let's face it, who came blame it. :lol:

I am a southern gal so no stuffing to me does not mean stuffed inside a bird. I grew up making cornbread stuffing and much prefer it. This kind of stuffing is usually baked in an oblong cake pan and cooked separately. But even the stuffing made for the bird can still be baked in a separate pan. My ex mom-in-law used to do that when she was fixing a dinner for a crowd and needed lots of the stuff.

On that note I have a story. All of you hailing from the United states probably are familiar with a green bean side dish recipe made popular by the makers of Durkee fried onions. But for those of you unfamiliar, they are very small onions deep fried and sealed in a cardboard can that are used in cooking, but not too bad to nibble either as you work. ;) It was many years ago, now, that instead of suggesting to the many Thanksgiving gatherers what they could bring to the family get together, that my mom-in-law, told everyone to just bring what they wished to the holiday dinner. We smiled at first as the first two groups arrived with their Durkee green bean casserole in hand but it became ever more comical and a little unnerving when it became clear that this is what everyone brought to the dinner! Thank heavens that in those years my mom-in-law was as efficient as a navy cook and had the time, know-how and presence of mind to prepare not only the turkey, but the stuffing and mashed potatoes as well or we would still be full of green bean casserole! :shock: To this day, I cannot look at that old time recipe without a snicker. But that is Thanksgiving, eh? Who would think food would provide such a platform to express love, appreciation and cement strong bonds in the upcoming year? At Thanksgiving we truly are what we eat... and that is love. (The turkey, of course, has other ideas...poor little thing. :( )
((((((Hugs))))))
Sandy