Autumn blessings

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Autumn blessings

Post by LurkerAbyss »

It is difficult to express in words my gratitude and my joy upon coming to this thread today. You are all so lovely and wonderful, and it is supremely beautiful how we all seem to share in our successes and struggles, our personal sentiments and sacraments.

AJ!!!!! :hithere :bana: Yet another beloved family member returning around the same time for what appears to be an unconscious reunion of sorts! It's funny you mentioned how people seem to be coming back and posting in the wake of Sandy's absence.. I was just saying to her not long ago about how the timing is impeccable because, let's face it, her and George both could probably use a "break" I think sometimes, and I'm happy that we are here together to "hold the fort down", to meet and greet newcomers and share with all and each other.

Oh yeah, you asked where I've been, aha well let's just say I let myself become mentally and emotionally trapped in a life of material and attachment.. all in all: attachment to a futile, soul-draining job; attachment to substances and abusing them; attachment to a girl and ensuing heartbreak.. I have overcome them all and am currently just experiencing some down-time as I am engaged in a big transitional period.. so that is how I have mustered up the right frame of mind and the subconscious spiritual "pull" to come back to the board!

AJ you mentioned something that really resonates with me.. about the love you feel for your fellow human brothers and sisters. I have been having a LOT of the same thoughts and feelings lately. I can't help but feel a powerful, endless, overflowing compassion and mercy for all humanity lately, the kind that makes you pray for those you mentioned aren't praying for themselves, the kind that makes you hurt when you know people are hurting, the kind that makes you learn how to forgive the ones *doing* the hurting, the kind that just makes you want to be a better person all the time always and not just for you but for the world you love so much..

I love what Pet was saying too. Hey girl, I know what you mean, I feel like I really *notice* those little miracles and acts of kindness and compassion around me! If you're anything like me, a big ol' smile seems to rush up your body to your face uncontrollably sometimes when you see, for example, a stranger showing kindness to another stranger.. it certainly makes my day. Your beetle story was really cute and reminded me of something too. I was outside in my backyard one day, and lost in a gaze watching some ants wander aimlessly to and from their colony. Then I saw a dead fly on the ground somewhere and I picked it up to put it right by the hole to their home and watched as they all came out and started bringing in the food. And later, the sweetness of such an act and the beauty of humanity dawned on me.. there was really no requirement nor a nagging itch for me to do that, to bring the food closer to make life easier for the ants, and certainly it's not like the ants even had a clue that they had just received kindness or something to feel any sort of gratitude for.. and yet just the thought that a human can willfully choose to give and act out love so freely and unconditionally if chosen, just for the sake of it and not demanding a reward or favour.. to me that is beautiful. :)

I'm with AJ.. I love you all so much!

Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Autumn blessings

Post by Sandy »

I'm with AJ.. I love you all so much!
Count me in on that too! :kiss:
I am feeling much of what is expressed on this beautiful thread and have to admit that I am finding much peace and even joy in praying for others and expressing gratitude for the blessings I enjoy. I, like others here, find myself respecting and showing kindness to the small misunderstood critters of our beloved world as just a few days ago found me flipping a stranded beetle over so he could return to what beetles do. :) I just heard a song in my head..."Love is in the air" I believe it is so ...despite the hard happenings. Knowing all of you are out there in the world doing what you do so well...now that gives me hope and peace that eventually everything will be okay... even great!!
Onwards, upwards and inwards! :kiss:
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.