Summer of 2013 (in pictures)

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

Summer of 2013 (in pictures)

Post by I-AM »

Hello everybody!

Finally found some time to post a few pictures I took this summer.

The tomatoes in their full glory back in July...

Sandy, this one is from today. I had to wait for September to enjoy my paprikas. They are very slow growers, indeed.

My shining star! Dahlia Paso Doble. This too was taken today, September 15. Been blooming since May and will continue until November. I love, love this plant!

If I only could convey the smell!

Fresh!

A little artistic attempt. The other flower is the Aquilegia. I love this composition!

And here are two shots of my balcony fellows. The paper wasps. Perfect for close-up pictures. And yes, I got stung once while cutting away dead sunflower flowers and leaves. The wasp was probably hiding beneath a leaf and stung me... :duh Had to put some vinegar to stop the swelling. No big deal.

A man taking a "Jump of Faith" at the local lace from the board seen on the top of the picture. He survived... :hithere

And then we climbed this hill!

View from the top

A sunflower lost in the sea of wheat...

Finally, this year's flooding in the capital, Bratislava.

All in all, the summer of 2013 was an excellent one here in Central Europe!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Summer of 2013 (in pictures)

Post by Sandy »

Dear Robert,
Your latest photos are awesome! It was so much fun to see your plants go from seeds to young plants and now to fully grown and productive plants. They look strong and healthy ...and as I look at them and their environment so green and lush it is hard to imagine the seasonal changes that are coming. But that is the way of it and a proven cycle that repeats over and over... besides...with the snow comes with it is the ski season... and a different kind of beauty at ever turn.
I think we have a similar wasp in the US and I have been stung by them from time to time over the years. I never knew vinegar would stop the swelling but I will remember that when stung again. Aren't they beautiful in their own way with their bright yellows and contrasting black!

Thank you for posting these pictures and it was just in time to cheer me. I am heading back to the US tomorrow and will be gone through most of October... as you can imagine, I'm getting a little nervous and already missing George. I'll try to pop in when I can but it sounds like a busy time coming up.
Please take care of yourself over there and if you think of it will you say a prayer for us tomorrow.
With love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

nice pictures ! like the wasp the landscapes and the flowers
all the pictures 8) :alien:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
overmind

Post by overmind »

I love the mountains and open fields, though I would prefer almost any rural landscape over a city.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I'm not much of a city person either... But years ago when I saw Chicago lit up at night from the air, it was awe inspiring spectackle.
xx Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
inlikeflint
Family

Post by inlikeflint »

Nice photos!