Your Daily Saki

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Your Daily Saki

Post by Sandy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:53 am

The vast intelligence that orders the cosmos is available to all. The beauty of life, the wonder of living, is that we share creativity, intelligence, and unlimited potential with the rest of the cosmos. If the universe is vast and mysterious, we are vast and mysterious. If it contains innumerable creative energies, we contain innumerable creative energies. If it has healing energies, we also have healing energies. To realize that we are not simply physical beings on a material planet, but that we are whole beings, each a miniature cosmos, each related to all of life in intimate, profound ways, should radically transform how we perceive ourselves, our environments, our social problems. Nothing can ever be isolated from wholeness.
You know how you feel when you start thinking about how vast is the cosmos... or how God has always existed? I feel like that when I read the above bit and really take in what is said... How awesome is our gift of life? (and not just physical...life eternal too! ... :bana: )

Love,
Sandy

Are you still afloat over there in Houston? ( Hurricane Harvey) :kiss:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi Sandy, yes we're okay after Harvey. Some friends lost their homes and some people are just now able to leave their homes and recuperate

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

What do I mean by love? It is such a word that one cannot give one meaning. All attributes like kindness, gentleness, goodness, humbleness, mildness, fineness, are names of one and the same thing. Love therefore is that stream which when it rises, falls in the form of a fountain, and each stream coming down is a virtue. All virtues taught by books or by a religious person have no strength and life because they have been learned; a virtue that is learned has no power, no life. The virtue that naturally springs from the depth of the heart, the virtue that rises from the love-spring and then falls as many different attributes, that virtue is real. There is a Hindustani saying, 'No matter how much wealth you have, if you do not have the treasure of virtue, it is of no use'. The true riches is the ever increasing spring of love from which all virtues come.

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 am

Hi Eric,

I'm glad you are okay and were not damaged by that monster storm.
You wrote:
What do I mean by love? It is such a word that one cannot give one meaning. All attributes like kindness, gentleness, goodness, humbleness, mildness, fineness, are names of one and the same thing. Love therefore is that stream which when it rises, falls in the form of a fountain, and each stream coming down is a virtue. All virtues taught by books or by a religious person have no strength and life because they have been learned; a virtue that is learned has no power, no life. The virtue that naturally springs from the depth of the heart, the virtue that rises from the love-spring and then falls as many different attributes, that virtue is real. There is a Hindustani saying, 'No matter how much wealth you have, if you do not have the treasure of virtue, it is of no use'. The true riches is the ever increasing spring of love from which all virtues come.
I have to tell you that is one of the most profound description of Love that I have read. Visualizing love as a fountain with virtues from the heart... well... just brilliant! Thank you for sharing this.

Love you, bro,
Sandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Welles
Family

Post by Welles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Sandy wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 am
I have to tell you that is one of the most profound description of Love that I have read. Visualizing love as a fountain with virtues from the heart... well... just brilliant! Thank you for sharing this.
Sandy

I wish to chime in on Sandy's enthusiasm for Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan's commentary. It's perfect!

Image Welles

happyrain
Family

Inayat Khan on Where to Find God

Post by happyrain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 am

Things in the world are changeable; they are not to be relied upon. Man sees the vanity of the world; but if he does not see a reality in contrast, he remains intoxicated by the unreality, and tries to get some pleasure from his life, even for a moment. The happiness of this world is something we cannot keep; it is just like the horizon -- the nearer you go, the farther it goes. As soon as you get it, you see it is not the thing you wanted. That discontent continues its work till we have found and understood the manifestation of God, in which is hidden the Divine Spirit. God cannot be found in temples, for God is Love; and love does not live in temples, but in the heart of man, which is the temple of God.

~~~ "Supplementary Papers, Brotherhood I", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ To deny the changeableness of life is like fancying a motionless sea, which can only exist in one's imagination.

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 am

Thank you, Eric, for another thought provoking message from Hazrat Inayat Khan. I had to chuckle after I read it at the very "Martha" thought that came to me... "I am thinking I very well may need to give my heart a through dusting and vacuuming since the God of Love was sharing that confined space with me. :)

Love,
Sandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm

To learn to adopt the standard of God, and to cease to wish to make the world conform to one's own standard of good, is the chief lesson of religion.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:26 am

Wow that one really makes you think doesn't it?
A real eye/soul opener for sure. LOL I am just thinking about the many times I have wished the world to be good in the way I think good should be. In thinking about this bit of wisdom.... wow...it's exciting to imagine what God's standard would be like... :sunflower: ( even though I am sure my imaginings fall far short. :D )

Thanks E!
love,
Sandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 am

hi Sandy.

I believe it's one of the main reasons as to why Hazrat Inayat Khan felt it was so important to bring his understanding of Sufism to the West. A part of his teachings is tolerance towards all religious ideals. Modern day to all sincerest forms of devotion. To see God existing in the heart of all people. We condemn others so easily as mortals. I feel now this applies to modern politics in some fashion, seeing as most of us have no clue what's really going on behind the scenes- with evidence of misdirection from not just ones government officials but our news outlets as well. Propaganda and the like... Somewhere I feel it's important to remember our humanness and without feeling the need to conform or let others conform us- simply accepting to the best of ones ability when there is a choice between Love or Hate. It can be tricky when these games are meant to be deceitful and when others act out with malice. Very confusing... Yet, in the simplicity of this Saki I sense an enlightened view to worldly affairs. Something to take hold of when the wave washes over us.